The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have not watched a lick of Jets defense last year, especially down the stretch. Gregg put in work with the "no names" you mentioned.

You don't know who Jordan Jenkins & Brian Poole are? Gotcha...

Jamal has openly said he wants to be a Jet for life. Just wants to be paid accordingly (and deserves it). Where has he said at all he wants out?

Quinnen was disappointing, yes.
Don’t take the bait man lol

If true and they're all on the roster come opening week, how in the world are you covering these guys as a defense if there's even a little time allowed in the pocket?? :lol: :sick:

Forget twin sets, are we gonna see the dawn of triple TE sets now?

The sea change continues damn :smh:

Best FB in the game when healthy, gonna be missed now that they almost don't exist anymore

Ridley, Blount, Sony and Dion Lewis owe him a couple of checks for some of those holes over the years :lol:

@robp

If true and they're all on the roster come opening week, how in the world are you covering these guys as a defense if there's even a little time allowed in the pocket?? :lol: :sick:

Forget twin sets, are we gonna see the dawn of triple TE sets now?

ShadyFirsthandFlatfish-max-1mb.gif

The sea change continues damn :smh:

Best FB in the game when healthy, gonna be missed now that they almost don't exist anymore

Ridley, Blount, Sony and Dion Lewis owe him a couple of checks for some of those holes over the years :lol:

Good for him man. Dude was vicious taking those hits head-on. I hope nothing too severe that it affects him long term.

Washington has a nice front 4, but a lot of questions beyond that and Thomas Davis is 37 and going into year 15

Also speaks volumes that Matt loannidis wasnt named within those front 4 guys
IMO their defense mirrors ours in some ways. They already had a decent D line, and now they added the best talent in the draft.

Even though Reuben Foster is a **** up, when he's on the field he's the goods.

Kendall Fuller is one of the best slot corners in the league.

And let's not act like Landon Collins wasn't playing at a DPOY level a few years ago.

They have pieces. No one expected our defense to be good until it was.

I mean are we serious here...?

Quinnen Williams, for as lovable of a personality he is, wasn’t very great last year. The rest of your defense outside of Jamal Adams (who doesn’t wanna be there) and CJ Mosley (coming off groin surgery, basically didn’t play all last year) your starting defense consists of Steve McLendon, Harvey Langi, Henry Anderson, Blake Cashman, Jordan Jenkins, Arthur Maulette, Brian Poole (who the **** even are any of these dudes?), Pierre Desir (Colts, a probable playoff team, released him exactly a year after they gave him a 3 year extension) and Marcus Maye, who’s been mediocre at best.

The Skins defense has Chase Young, Ryan Kerrigan, Montez Sweat, Jonathan Allen and Thomas Davis in its front 7. That basically cancels out any argument of your defense being better than theirs.

Like I said though, I think both teams are gonna be bad this year. So I’m definitely not trying to hype up any part of the Skins. Their offense should be awful and probably will keep their D on the field way too often.
Biggest addition to the Skins defense is Jack Del Rio as DC. Greg Manusky was such a liability at the helm. Finally getting back to a 4-3 which suits the Skins personnel better - Montez came on late last year once they started taking him out of coverage.

The secondary on the other hand...outside of Kendall Fuller it’s real bad.

You gonna let buc em buc em say we're finishing top-2 worst in the league?

I could see us being a better team but winning fewer games. Probably (hopefully) not the second worst team in football but I think we pick in the 8-13 range again. The schedule is worse & we had some fluky wins last season. Plus Adam Gase is still in charge.

At least it seems like Joe Douglas knows what he's doing.

Why have none of these teams signed Clowney yet? Browns could have Garrett and Clowney on both ends.

now free agents don’t count towards the elimination of compensatory picks, so certain teams may jump in now that he won’t cost them a pick

but who knows certain teams could have just been waiting for his price to come down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom