The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re whole unit in Seattle had a nickname. They, including him, most definitely stood out. That’s like saying all the guys of the “Steel Curtain” Steelers or the “Crunch Bunch” giants LBers just blended in.

I’m taking Aqib Talib over Sherman. Period. Talib and Revis probably the best of the late 2000s and definitely 2010s. Sherman and Pat Peterson gone be DBs of the decade too. Pat Pete overrated to a degree too. But I love Talib.

I did agree but I’m saying he had great teammates everywhere. He blended in very well amongst them all. He didn’t necessarily “stand out”

you're right, a 5X all pro player with the most interceptions in the decade.. didn't stand out...

Meh Sherman > Talib and not sure it's all that close TBH.

These are things I guess I just don’t understand. Without the concept and context it’s hard to make that specific comparison. Both are good to great in their field, but switch defensive concepts would either be successful?

These are two completely different corners. One is a man cover and the other is a zone cover 3 corner. Entirely different concepts, play calling and expertise.

If anything Sherman > Zone Cover 3 corner X (or visa versa).

E5FC4A32-02D7-439E-9E35-3D13CB4F7587.jpeg

Water is also wet. Gase is legit going to go down as the worst hire in franchise history.

There's no doubt in my mind that I think Gase is an issue in that locker room, but could it be that Jamal is pivoting to his displeasures with the team and throwing it on Gase, all to save face with the fan base? He seems like a super sensitive dude (clearly) so hey, might as well throw my coach under the bus if I'm gonna want out anyway.

Name 10 corners better than Sherman right now.

Sherm was really good last year.. but given age and without consideration of scheme (and price)

Would be hard for me to pass on: Gilmore, white, Humphrey, ramsey, jaire, byron Jones, slay, pat pete, ward, lattimore

then you got like Casey Hayward, Xavier Howard and Steven Nelson

These are things I guess I just don’t understand. Without the concept and context it’s hard to make that specific comparison. Both are good to great in their field, but switch defensive concepts would either be successful?

These are two completely different corners. One is a man cover and the other is a zone cover 3 corner. Entirely different concepts, play calling and expertise.

If anything Sherman > Zone Cover 3 corner X (or visa versa).

I respect man to man coverage over zone and boundary corners... that’s just my opinion.

From a technical point and understanding how hard it is, yes man to man coverage is 10x harder than cover 3 so if you are a corner that plays primarily man to man and you travel to cover a teams best WR game after game you get my ultimate respect. I'm not saying cover 3 is easy because I have seen really bad cover 3 corners but you basically just can't get beat deep. Now if we want to get really technical a slot corner playing man to man gets my ultimate respect but I digress.

Again, Sherman has been a hell of a player that played on some really good teams and most importantly played with defensive coordinators who knew his strengths and weaknesses. Hell, him coming back from an Achilles pop and still playing at an All Pro level is commendable in itself.

I still wonder why late in the 4th quarter of the SB Saleh decided that was the time to isolate Sherman man to man on Sammy.

I still don't get the love for Pat P....Sherman came into the league same year and has exceeded any numbers Pat has put up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom