The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what kind of dirt BOB must have on Texans ownership but it's gotta be real serious to be the only HC not named Hoody with GM privileges :lol:

Even proven SB winning coaches like Tomlin, Pete, Payton, Andy, John Harbaugh and McCarthy all have someone above them in the front office, legit blows my mind every time I'm reminded that he's a HC-GM :lol: :stoneface:

I have no clue how the Texans will look this year but I don't have the best faith in HS Coach Philip Rivers either

I trust Watson, but not bob’s ego

what does this even mean?

the biggest issue last year was RAC. the defense stunk, and forced the offense to be conservative to keep the defense off the field. if the defense can be average to above average, the offense is going to open up and do numbers. cooks x fuller x stills x cobb is up there for top receiving groups in the nfl.

The Texans are just wasting Deshaun's prime

Fixed

I wouldn't sign any extension or new deal if I was him until they show they're serious about competing for a title. The moves they've pulled over the past year would be pointing me towards the other direction...

cooks x fuller x stills x cobb is up there for top receiving groups in the nfl.
EQm36v0XkAUnm5Y.jpg

I wouldn't sign any extension or new deal if I was him until they show they're serious about competing for a title. The moves they've pulled over the past year would be pointing me towards the other direction...

traded for and signed Tunsil to an extension and drafted 2 starting OL in the last draft to address him getting sacked 50+ times a year. increased overall depth at the skill positions.

i'm assuming the only move you're referring to is trading Hopkins, and I've heard from inside the organization that Watson wasn't all that pressed about it. Him and Hopkins were and still are cool, but Watson called out Hopkins for not finishing routes where he wasn't the primary target and Hopkins wasn't having it.

I did here about some tension between Watson and DHop, but it was downplayed quite a bit.

traded for and signed Tunsil to an extension and drafted 2 starting OL in the last draft to address him getting sacked 50+ times a year. increased overall depth at the skill positions.

i'm assuming the only move you're referring to is trading Hopkins, and I've heard from inside the organization that Watson wasn't all that pressed about it. Him and Hopkins were and still are cool, but Watson called out Hopkins for not finishing routes where he wasn't the primary target and Hopkins wasn't having it.

yall let an all pro guard walk (thank you btw) and also traded duane brown

You could say health is going to be big for that whole division

yes, it's football

but brandin cooks has a very concerning history with concussions..

and fuller in his 4 seasons has player: 14, 10, 7 and 11 games each season

I know that. But rivers didn’t look like rivers of old. Brisket was hurt all year. If tannehill goes down or Henry gets hurt what do the titans do? I’m saying that division in general the depth could be lacking more than others.

I did here about some tension between Watson and DHop, but it was downplayed quite a bit.

just listened to bakari sellers podcast with deshaun and he mentioned nuk when talking about organizing social justice stuff, so take that how you want

Last edited:
I’ll give it a listen but I meant when the trade happen, it was mentioned briefly and they (media) tried to downplay it like it wasn’t anything. I don’t know how true it was, just saying I had heard it also.

I know that. But rivers didn’t look like rivers of old. Brisket was hurt all year. If tannehill goes down or Henry gets hurt what do the titans do? I’m saying that division in general the depth could be lacking more than others.

colts won 7 games and that's with jacoby clearly playing injured and other injuries..

not sure why titans let conklin walk.. but dont forget aj brown coming on and also on defense jeffrey simmons coming on after the injury he has and most folks assumed hed be redshirted

yall let an all pro guard walk (thank you btw) and also traded duane brown

brandon brooks wasn't an all pro when he left houston, left houston before Watson was even drafted, and duane brown demanded a trade after not getting a new contract and him having issues with bob mcnair. which of those are you putting on BoB?

just listened to bakari sellers podcast with deshaun and he mentioned nuk when talking about organizing social justice stuff, so take that how you want

Him and Hopkins were and still are cool, but Watson called out Hopkins for not finishing routes where he wasn't the primary target and Hopkins wasn't having it.

they're still friends. There were just factors into trading Nuk. one of them being that Watson got frustrated that Hopkins wouldn't run routes if he wasn't getting the ball. instead, he'd just freestyle the route to try and get himself open instead of what the play called for. combine that with Nuk wanting 20M, the texans decided to reup Tunsil and reallocate that 20M to cobb and cooks.

instead of trading for cooks AND david johnson, could (and should) have just kept nuk

both of those guys, you let their team cut them if they dont want them just so you arent taking them on their current deals.. then you take a flyer on them on cheap prove it deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom