The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
brandon brooks wasn't an all pro when he left houston, left houston before Watson was even drafted, and duane brown demanded a trade after not getting a new contract and him having issues with bob mcnair.

so because he became an all pro elsewhere you're cool with your team just letting him walk when yall clearly had serious oline problems?

Yea, that’sa silly reason to trade a dude... still comes down to bobs incompetence as a gm imo...

so because he became an all pro elsewhere you're cool with your team just letting him walk when yall clearly had serious oline problems?

goalpost shifting. you said we let an all pro walk. 1) he wasn't an all pro when he left. if he was, maybe the texans offer him more money. 2) he voluntarily left. he's come out and said he did not like playing here. you can't force dudes to stay if they don't want to. not to mention, this discussion was about "watson seeing moves the texans are making and not wanting to resign". it's odd that the move that's brought up is a RG walking in free agency before Watson was even in the NFL.

instead of trading for cooks AND david johnson, could (and should) have just kept nuk

both of those guys, you let their team cut them if they dont want them just so you arent taking them on their current deals.. then you take a flyer on them on cheap prove it deals

The return for Nuk was poor, considering the return Minnesota got for Diggs. You also have to factor in Nuk wanting 20M. agree they should've just let the cards cut johnson. not sure if Cooks would've got cut or not, but it was only a 2nd round pick so i'm not really pressed about it.

Hopkins, Hyde, 2nd round pick, 4th round pick going out and Cooks, Cobb, Johnson, 2nd round pick, 4th round pick. all in all it's lateral at worst, which is why I think the backlash is overstated.

which 2nd round pick did you project to be better than brandin cooks?

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh from this past draft?

give me any WR taken in the 2nd over cooks on THAT contract and with THAT concussion history

a list of WRs that went in the 2nd:

tee higgins
michael pittman jr
laviska shenault
KJ hamler
chase claypool (he's listed as a WR, but i think he's a movement TE/Hback)
van jefferson
denzel mims

Oh man... people still justifying the Nuk trade :rofl:

The return for Nuk was poor, considering the return Minnesota got for Diggs.

the return was poor = justifying?

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh from this past draft?

give me any WR taken in the 2nd over cooks on THAT contract and with THAT concussion history

a list of WRs that went in the 2nd:

tee higgins
michael pittman jr
laviska shenault
KJ hamler
chase claypool (he's listed as a WR, but i think he's a movement TE/Hback)
van jefferson
denzel mims

1593461432442.png

the texans are investing right now while Watson is on his rookie deal before he gets his extension. the concussions are a concern for sure, but it's a calculated risk that he still has a lot of potential and moving from Goff to Watson will show everyone that.

been saying it for the longest. cam should of been in new england already. they did him dirty though. what kinda contract is that for a former mvp and appears to be healthy. pats dont deserve cam.

on a side note, pats still peeping tom teams smh. asterisks the whole damn organization.

the return was poor = justifying?

1593461432442.png

the texans are investing right now while Watson is on his rookie deal before he gets his extension. the concussions are a concern for sure, but it's a calculated risk that he still has a lot of potential and moving from Goff to Watson will show everyone that.

nuk just turned 28 earlier this month.. cooks is turning 27 in september

also investing in another oft injured WRs when going through it with fuller doesnt seem wise

to me, would seem like keeping that 2nd and drafting another WR to go with nuk and fuller would have made more sense

nuk just turned 28 earlier this month.. cooks is turning 27 in september

also investing in another oft injured WRs when going through it with fuller doesnt seem wise

to me, would seem like keeping that 2nd and drafting another WR to go with nuk and fuller would have made more sense

Nuk wanted a contract extension he was not going to get so the texans decided they would rather cooks, cobb, and over hopkins and spread the ball around more. i wanted a better return than david johnson, but looking at all the transactions and who went out vs who came in, i think the texans are deeper than they were last year. the offensive system also values players who stretch the field (see watson's numbers when fuller plays vs doesn't) so adding cobbs and cooks to fuller and stills is pretty solid. should spread the workload around and keep each receiver fresh as well.

cooks has missed 2 games in 5 years. "oft injured" is overstated. cobb had hamstring issues 2 years ago but was pretty healthy last year. i personally prefer proven vets over mid round picks, but reasonable minds can differ on the philosophy of roster construction.

Bob sucks as a gm... and I never thought much of him as a coach but he gets his squad in the playoffs every year so that’s gotta be worth sumn...

plus the qb is legit..Texans need a real gm...

He's always been a good coach and what he did at PSU, not many would have done...Very impressive.

He's one of the worst GMs of all-time. The fact that they still find themselves in the playoffs quite frequently says something. BOB the GM puts the ceiling on it.

meanwhile cards got nuk, fitz, 2nd rounder from 2018 AND a 2nd rounder from 2019

Man I love me some Kyler. He’s a stud and fun to watch plus he’s a real one. Dude said he’s taking a knee. Kyler looks brolic. Def added a few pounds of muscle this offseason. Def my 2nd favorite qb in league right now.
My personal top 5/favorite qbs right now.
1. Lamar
2. Russ
3. Deshaun
4. Kyler
5.Godgers/Burrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom