The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to a report from NFL Media’s Ian Rapaport and Tom Pelissero, the Saints came up with a wild plan involving a third party that would have helped the front office navigate its lack of salary cap space in order to bring in Jadeveon Clowney, who ended up signing with the Tennessee Titans on Sunday.

Via NFL.com:

The sides discussed parameters of a deal in which Team X would’ve signed Clowney to a one-year, $15 million contract and paid him a $5 million signing bonus. Then, Team X would’ve immediately traded Clowney to the Saints, who would’ve sent Team X a second-round draft pick, as well as a player to take additional salary off New Orleans’ books. The Saints would’ve paid Clowney’s remaining $10 million salary.
Just one problem: The teams got word late Saturday the NFL was unlikely to approve such a deal.

Great movie. Underrated.

1599446325750.jpeg

On a personal level, got my 2nd kid coming out in a week and a half. One born in middle September and my 1st kid is born middle of January.

Really wish they were born in the offseason tho :lol:

congrats papi. hope for nothing but the best.

I'm definitely happy the Raiders chose the Bears over the Packers when we gave the same offer for Mack.

I wasn't at the time.

My guy has fully bought into the Patriot way :lol: :pimp:

tenor.gif

Expecting good things from him this season now that he's healthy and has Hoody gushing over him :lol:

He doesn't have much to work on in terms of weapons but if he looks anywhere near the Cam we saw the first half of 2018, the last time he was healthy, he'll be a weapon on his own and might be able to compensate a bit

Wonder if they’re releasing him because he’s going to jail or to try to save face. I think he sucks and the Giants suck but don’t think anyone cares anymore about what he did.

My guy has fully bought into the Patriot way :lol: :pimp:

tenor.gif

Expecting good things from him this season now that he's healthy and has Hoody gushing over him :lol:

He doesn't have much to work on in terms of weapons but if he looks anywhere near the Cam we saw the first half of 2018, the last time he was healthy, he'll be a weapon on his own and might be able to compensate a bit

Gunner :rofl: :rofl::pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom