THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

On the radio this morning there is so much chatter about the Cowoys trading Romo.
I know it wouldn't go down but this would be cold-blooded as hell 
laugh.gif
 Jokes aside, I'ma need Jerry/Cowboy Nation to stop acting like we owe Romo anything outside of the money left on his contract, it's not like a similar scenario didn't lead to him getting his starting role.

extra_large_image20150922-3516-hdx7xo.png

Last edited:
I think it's kind of funny that some of the same people saying Romo is still 2014 Romo and should start, also say that no one would trade for a 36 year old QB making what he makes. Well, if he is good enough for us, he should be good enough to start for a bunch of other teams in this league.

Only trade I would like to see is one that results in us getting a Charles Haley type of player on defense. That's the missing piece from us getting trophy #6.

In the Eagles game I want to see if Dak learned from that fumble where he hit the ball off his thigh and holds the ball higher when he is scrambling.

I doubt they try to work on his mechanics, that's just a freak fumble that's probably happened once since he's played football. But, then again every possession counts.

Not sure if I mentioned it here, or in random day-to-day convo, but the Cowboys can pull a Seattle and throw a bunch of dollars at the defense if we were to get rid/trade Romo.

I say Seattle cause they got away with not having to pay their QB (Wilson) due to him remaining on the rookie contract. I think I heard on one of the networks Romo's dead money if we were to cut him is lik 4-5 mill next season...

With all that said, I will (as I thought before seeing Dak play) putting all my faith behind a rookie just yet.

It hurts a little because I've always been super pro-Romo but there's no way they can afford to mess up this juice we got right now

Pretty sure the only one that is 100% for Romo is Dez... and that's just for the sake of his stats 
laugh.gif

Who would've thought we'd be considering cut options for Romo week 7 of this season :lol:

I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread and in the Cowboys organization knows what time is it. I'll be the one to tell Romo, don't bother me.

Last edited:
Not sure if I mentioned it here, or in random day
jthagreat jthagreat

If we cut romo in 2017, we eat 19.6 mil in dead money...
I we cut him in 2018, it's only 8.9 mil...

And like quad said, I don't see a team desperate enough to take on that salary for a 36 year old qb...

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys/

hmmm, wonder where I heard that?

That's too much of a hit...this has made for interesting convo that's for sure.

Anyone coming back from suspensions or injuries after the break besides Dez and potentially Romo?

Anyone coming back from suspensions or injuries after the break besides Dez and potentially Romo?

I could be wrong fam...I'm no salary cap savant...just reading e link on its surface....

Players returning from injury:
Romo (tho I'm hearing he won't start untill Cleveland), Dez, Mo are all definitely back...

Dunbar, Scandrick and Chaz green I'm not really sure...

And its about time to make a decision on Darren McFadden, 6 weeks is up...

I could be wrong fam...I'm no salary cap savant...just reading e link on its surface....

Players returning from injury:
Romo (tho I'm hearing he won't start untill Cleveland), Dez, Mo are all definitely back...

Dunbar, Scandrick and Chaz green I'm not really sure...

And its about time to make a decision on Darren McFadden, 6 weeks is up...
Moe bike 
pimp.gif

No country for McFadden, there's just no place for him on this squad.

Last edited:
Yea. I agree, especially with Dunbar on the horizon. Im just intrigued to see what they do with him. I'm hoping his big year last year makes a desperate team trace a low round pick for him....

I'm not holding my breath tho.

I guess I was the only one who liked Morris spelling Zeke?

Zeke
McFadden
Morris
Dunbar
and Whitehead(WR) here and there...that's a lot of RBs

Last edited:
Dak will be the starter week 8 vs the Eagles. Now they saying Romo could make a possible return in week 9 vs the Browns.  Hopefully we get that win in week 8 and keep rolling with Dak. The team chemistry right now does not need to be tamper with.

Dak will be the starter week 8 vs the Eagles. Now they saying Romo could make a possible return in week 9 vs the Browns.  Hopefully we get that win in week 8 and keep rolling with Dak. The team chemistry right now does not need to be tamper with.

Until Romo starts practicing with the team, it is just speculation.

I think Dak comes back and plays better against the Eagles than he played against GB but he doesn't get as much help from the defense this game. I think it'll be a close one but we will win.

I know it's a division game and those are always tough, but the only impressive win that the eagles have is against the steelers. They played the browns and the bears game was close until they started turning the ball over in the second half.

I heard that jets and browns are interested in picking up Romo's remaining contract if he can pass the league physical by October 31st. Jerry is interested but wants a draft pick also.

It'd suck to see Romo go man. Great for the team but it'd be good for Dak if he stayed to coach him up

Yeah, the coaching would be great. I'm not confident with the backups if romo leaves.

The salary cap these days doesn't allow you to have quality backups. It's just the way it is nowadays. Most teams are screwed if the #1QB goes down

Sanchez is a solid backup.

Last edited:
The DLaw injury has me more concerned than anything. Allegedly the MRI was negative but generally when guys are day to day in Dallas, means they are missing, at minimum, 4-6 weeks.

I heard that jets and browns are interested in picking up Romo's remaining contract if he can pass the league physical by October 31st. Jerry is interested but wants a draft pick also.

I haven't read this anywhere, however in case the cowboys thinking about this scenario, these are the cap hit per Bryan Broadus on Cowboys Lunch Break podcast:

Keep Romo (starter or backup) is a $24M hit in 2017 which is zero savings.

Trade Romo to another team is a $19M hit in 2017 which is $5M in savings.

Cut Romo is a $10M hit in 2017 which is $14M in savings.

So if we wanna resign Mo or Leary next year then they gotta decide what do this year with Romo.

Last edited:
By this time next week, we need to have named Dak the starter moving forward. The last thing we need is to lose to Philly and have a gah damn circus going into the Cleveland game, I know Jerry likes the attention but not this year, not with this team.
The DLaw injury has me more concerned than anything. Allegedly the MRI was negative but generally when guys are day to day in Dallas, means they are missing, at minimum, 4-6 weeks.
You're only speaking from past observations right? Because I read he would be ready for the Eagles game.

Last edited:
Not sure how many of you guys knew this but Dak texts his mom before his first professional game, she died 3 years ago from cancer. He wears number 4 because her birthday was the 4th of September.

Cowboys schedule isn't too bad going forward.

Week 7: Necessary Bye Week with Dez, Scan & Mo all hurt. Gives Tyron, Dan time to rest. And a nice 2 weeks for Romo
Week 8: Eagles (Only need to pick off 1 game from them, I prefer it to be this one. Also with 2 weeks off, we should be fresh, and continues our roll)
Week 9: Browns (29th Ranked Defense, 27th in Rush Defense giving up 118)
Week 10: Steelers (If Ben is back, I do not like our chances at all. Especially if we give him the time Rodgers had. Luckily for us, Rodgers' is losing his skill, and his team stinks offensively)

Week 11: Ravens will be a tough game. # 3 Ranked Rush Defense
Week 12: Racial Slurs (Thursday night game, after a Sunday game, All hell could break loose)
Week 13: Vikings (Will be a really tough game. High Powered offense versus High Powered Defense)
Week 14: GIants (These games generally split, so I say we likely get the W. Especially with only getting us by 1 with a bad game from Zeke)
Week 15: Bucs (Good defense, will make it interesting)
Week 16: Lions (25th ranked defense. 22 on the Rush
Week 17: Eagles

1 Eagles Game & Giants game are must wins
Browns, Lions & Bucs are guarantees to should win games
Ravens & Steelers (If Ben is out) are coin flips

Think the Thanksgiving Game versus the Racial Slurs is a scheduled loss due to short rest.
Likely lose 1 to Eagles because NFC East, and Wentz is good.
Think Minny beats us as well.

I'm thinking we end up 11-5. 12-4 if all goes well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom