THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

Question, for those of yall that say the running game would be so much better if Romo was in, how much better do you think it would be?

Zeke is already leading the league in rushing, has averaged 140 yards per game in his last 3 games and is on pace for 1800-2000 yards rushing his rookie year.

Do yall think he would average 200 yards rushing a game with Romo and run for over 2,500 yards?

Last edited:
I'm willing to call a spade a spade and move on...Man I just wanna enjoy watching the cowboys win...

How y'all think we gonna act against green bays "#1 rushing defense"... I read alot of stats about how they're averaging 2.0yards per, and haven't allowed a 20 yard run so far this season..

Fwiw, I read similar things before Cincinnati...

I think we run all over Green Bay personally....

With dlaw back I'm hoping we can touch Rodgers. He was very active in only 17 snaps last week, so I'm looking forward to more playing time from him....

It's gonna be our toughest matchup this season, but it's a winnable game for sure..

Last edited:
This is a huge game for us and can really set the tone for the rest of the season. The defense needs to show up. I have faith in the offensive line and zeke

Some of you might appreciate this

Interesting watching the patroits struggle to move the ball against the Bengals when the Cowboys moved the ball at will

Prescott just led a 97 yard drive before the half ended by airing the ball out against a top defense.....

5-1. Good all around team win. Secondary played great. Zeke with another 140 yard game. Dak had his moments where he was off but actually played better that AR12, how about them Cowboys.

Now onto the Eagles after the bye week.

(I know the Romobots will say if Romo was playing we would have won by 50)

Last edited:
Great win!

Zeke is so so filthy! Another stellar performance from the Oline! WRs really stepping up, I see you 83 and 11 :pimp:

I can't give enough credit to coach marinelli and his defense today!!! Really looking better by the week, makes plays when they are needed...

Good game by 31.. Really like him

Follow
Jane Slater [emoji]10004[/emoji] @SlaterNFL
As Dez Bryant walks off field he finds me and tells me "Don't have to ask me anymore, I'm good...playing against Philly"
7:36 PM - 16 Oct 2016
257 257 Retweets 341 341 likes

Part of me doesn't want anyone to come back at this point Dez included :lol:

Great win... Had some mistakes, but we overcame them, kept our composure, and forced mistakes on defense.

David Irving played unreal. Byron using his athleticism to save a TD on a crossing route.

What the best thing is about all of this, is how set up this team is on offense for next year.

If you just look at what is covered:

QB: Romo or Dak
RB: Zeke & Alfred
WR1: Dez
Slot Receiver: Beasley (He's not a # 2 in the normal sense of the role because he isn't an Outside WR, but he can handle a # 2 WR load)
WR5: Lucky

TE1: Witten (Old but he can still get it done effectively enough)
TE2: James Hanna
TE3: Geoff Swaim

LT: Tyron
LG: La'el
C: Fred
RG: Zack
RT: Free

If you look at our Free Agents:
WR4- Brice Butler (Will not be expensive, but he has all the tools, and none of the execution.)
3rd RB - Lance Dunbar (Great as a Pass Catcher, Quick, Good on ST.... Will be cheap because he has a long injury history)

Gavin Escobar - Let him go. No reason to keep him. Granted I'm sure it's tough to make your spot at TE with Witten around, but there's nothing that we've seen that says "Must Keep"
Terrence Williams - He will have someone pay him a good salary because he shows flashes. He'll be 28 next year, and still making boneheaded rookie mistakes. Not worth it.

Leads us to the biggest name Free Agent:

Ron Leary - We likely can't afford to keep him because Martin & La'el are Free Agents after the season. Which does suck.... BUT on the other end, if we did sign him. We could move La'el to RT. And make Free a backup in the final year of his career. Play a year with Ty-Ron-Fred-Zack-La'el. Then after 2017, look to trade Ron Leary (i.e. Ron + 7th for a 4th or 5th?). We can then keep La'el at RT permanently with Free retiring (La'el was seen as a potential Tackle and played a lot of snaps in the offseason before 2015 at RT).

Even if we let Leary go... And re-sign Brice & Lance for cheap deals... We only have 1 hole in the offense and that's at # 2 WR.. And it's not even a big necessity with Witten being old reliable, and Beasley being a huge threat out of the slot.

That is a great place to be going into next year's draft.

Now back to this year, I'm glad we're getting rest right now with Scan & Mo dinged up. Dez gets an extra week off. Should come back looking good

I have no idea what they are doing with Romo

Last edited:
Follow
Jane Slater [emoji]10004[/emoji] @SlaterNFL
As Dez Bryant walks off field he finds me and tells me "Don't have to ask me anymore, I'm good...playing against Philly"
7:36 PM - 16 Oct 2016
257 257 Retweets 341 341 likes

Part of me doesn't want anyone to come back at this point Dez included :lol:
Dez is such a cornball, needed to go out of his way to tell a reporter he is coming back for attention . Hopefully he knows that the Cowboys WR core was able to function without him and put a leash on that "diva" WR crap.

Last edited:
I think that the way the o-line, running game, and defense has been playing.. it doesn't really matter who is under center. People forget two seasons ago Romo has his team in a similar situation at this point in the season after just beating a Seahawks squad IN Seattle. Its hard for me to call it as to who I want in the game going forward.. but I just don't like the idea that people are acting like Romo isn't an elite QB when healthy 1000%

I think that the way the o-line, running game, and defense has been playing.. it doesn't really matter who is under center. People forget two seasons ago Romo has his team in a similar situation at this point in the season after just beating a Seahawks squad IN Seattle. Its hard for me to call it as to who I want in the game going forward.. but I just don't like the idea that people are acting like Romo isn't an elite QB when healthy 1000%

Dak is playing at an elite level now and is healthy. He has outplayed the QB on the other team in every game except week 1.

If you feel that Dak has peaked as a QB and will never ever play any better, although he has noticeably improved since week 1, then maybe you want to put Romo back in.

If you also feel that players over the age of 35 with multiple back injuries do not experience a decline in their ability to play, then Romo is your guy.

I believe in letting the hot player play until they force you to replace them with a more productive player. You dont rush to replace a hot and confident quarterback with an aging QB with limited pracitce, conditioning, and game reps returning from a back injury. Let Dak play until he gives you a reason to replace him. Its gonna take weeks for Tony to get in game shape anyways. If Tony is ready week ten and were only few more Ws from clinching a first round bye, or a home playoff game and Dak is still playing good do we bring Tony in?

Great play calling by getting lucky the ball. Two huge 3rd downs and if dak didnt under throw him he would have scored on that play action

I believe in letting the hot player play until they force you to replace them with a more productive player. You dont rush to replace a hot and confident quarterback with an aging QB with limited pracitce, conditioning, and game reps returning from a back injury. Let Dak play until he gives you a reason to replace him. Its gonna take weeks for Tony to get in game shape anyways. If Tony is ready week ten and were only few more Ws from clinching a first round bye, or a home playoff game and Dak is still playing good do we bring Tony in?

There are a lot of fans that are bigger fans of Romo than the Cowboys. They would rather see a rusty out of shape Romo rushed back from injury than seeing Dak play another game.

Part of me says, go ahead and rush him back so he can get carted right back off,then instead of having Romo as a backup in the playoffs, we'll have Sanchez.

Dak has to win every game from now until the Super Bowl to silence the Romo fans.

Back
Top Bottom