THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

I have a question Cowboys Nation.
Records aside, achievements aside, stats aside, IF Dak was to win 2 playoff games in his first season would he in turn be better than Romo ever was?
Would Dak winning 2 playoff games catapult him over Romo's career in just his rookie season alone?

I'll always respect Romo for putting his body on the line no matter what type of injury he sustained. This man played through numerous injuries & always came back for more...

Cant go on one season. Outside of 2014 this team would be the best Romo had to work with. Even on that team we were one Murray fumble and a Dez no catch away from going to NFC title game. This team was built for Romo. Better team yes, better player no. Still too early IMO

Records aside, achievements aside, stats aside, IF Dak was to win 2 playoff games in his first season would he in turn be better than Romo ever was?
Would Dak winning 2 playoff games catapult him over Romo's career in just his rookie season alone?

I'll always respect Romo for putting his body on the line no matter what type of injury he sustained. This man played through numerous injuries & always came back for more...
Hell no

Absolutely not. The best team Romo bad was the 2014 team that couldn't stop a one legged Aarom Rodgers. Even still they are one Dean Blandino coverup from going back to Seattle, and then facing the patriots who had the 18th ranked run defense at the time. Romo will never get the respect or credit her deserves which is quite sad. The man took epidural shots weekly for his back just to play in 2014 and will most likely be a cripple at 45.

Dak is exceeding expectations and is playing fantastic for a rookie but is benefiting from having the best Cowboys team assembled in quite some time.

I was thinking the other day about that 2013 team that gave up 42 first downs to the New Orleans Saints and was the 3rd worst defense in NFL history. Romo still managed to get that team to 8-7 before having season ending surgery on a herniated disc.

The 2012 team had the worst offensive line in years. Pat Mcquistan, Macrenzy Bernardeau, Kyle Kowalski holy ****. I also recall Demarco Murray never being healthy until 2014. We had to start an 'out of shape' Felix Jones and Phillil Tanner at times. We had to get those terrible contracts of Marion Barber, Leonard Davis, Flozell Adams etc off the books so Romo was made to suffer during his prime years.

The 2009 team was good but played off emotion off losing TO and everyone writing them off that season. Plus Minnesota was on a whole other level that year.

At the end of the day I'm a Cowboys fan first so I'll be happy to trade Romo in the off season for any pick as long as we sVe the 6 mill next year. We can't get his contract fully off the books even in a trade but the minimal savings can be used to sure up the defense and he'll give Travis Frederick his much needed contract.

Yes, winning playoff games is what matters.

Winning 2 playoff games would put Dallas in the Super Bowl and yes that would catapult him over Romo, especially when Dak's stats this year are comparable to the 2014 season that Romo fans love to cherry pick as if he played that good every season.

But Dak will win the Super Bowl this year so there won't be much of a discussion soon.

Last edited:
I know you loveeee dak but romo has single handly won us games with horrible teams over the years. Romo made mistakes yes some even at horrible times but that doesnt take away from all that he did for this team with bad defenses, bad offensive lines, and miles austin.

This offense line is stacked and zeke is balling right now. I would love to see what romo could do with this team but Dak has showed he deserves to play so im with what the team thinks gives us the best chance to win. The defense as bad as they look against teams like the giants they help us every now and then and make stops.

So the majority believe that no, Dak winning 2 playoff games in his first year wouldn't be enough to surpass Romo. But, when you think back & realize all Romo ever amounted to was 2 playoff wins looking back at his career was it really that great records aside?
We all know this league is about Super Bowl championships & playoff wins. Romo might not ever accomplish that here. If Dak was to get us to the Super Bowl (Something that Romo never did) I do believe it would put him over Romo.

Last edited:
I know you loveeee dak but romo has single handly won us games with horrible teams over the years. Romo made mistakes yes some even at horrible times but that doesnt take away from all that he did for this team with bad defenses, bad offensive lines, and miles austin.

This offense line is stacked and zeke is balling right now. I would love to see what romo could do with this team but Dak has showed he deserves to play so im with what the team thinks gives us the best chance to win. The defense as bad as they look against teams like the giants they help us every now and then and make stops.

That is one thing I won't deny. When I saw Dak read the Seattle defense in that preseason game and pick them apart without Dez, I knew he was the real deal and we had something special.

Romo has played on some bad and some good Cowboys teams but unfortunately has not made the most of his opportunities when the team was good.

For some Cowboys fans such as myself, the Romo era is also a part of an Era of being one of the most mediocre teams in the NFL over the past 2 decades.

Love this.

This team really cares and plays for one another. Very similar to the 2014 team. "Stay together play together " was what Dez kept preaching.

Speaking of Dez do any of you remember the Irvin and Dez interview in 2014? When Irvin asked Dez about the Cowboys changing the philosophy in 2014 to run first apparently Dez was upset and told the coaching staff "nah this ain't gonna work". They laughed it off and Dez indicated how right they were but I thought it was funny that Dez wasn't trying to hear anything bout a run game :lol:

Going to the divisional playoff game with my girl, anyone know where I can get a home Elliott Stitched Jersey? I saw them on NFLShop.com but they sold out 30 minutes after dropping them. I have the throwback already, & the away jersey wouldn't make much sense. Thanks Cowboys Nation!

I'm for sure tailgating at the game.
I'll probably get a party pass and go to the game.

XL Fam'

Party Passes sold out at the stadium this morning. Season Ticket Holders bought everything up but the Party Passes.

Going to the divisional playoff game with my girl, anyone know where I can get a home Elliott Stitched Jersey? I saw them on NFLShop.com but they sold out 30 minutes after dropping them. I have the throwback already, & the away jersey wouldn't make much sense. Thanks Cowboys Nation!

Sick!! Represent for all of us man, that's dope af :pimp:

XL Fam'

Party Passes sold out at the stadium this morning. Season Ticket Holders bought everything up but the Party Passes.

Let me see what I can do. I can get jerseys at a discount.
The Zeke/Dak jersey sells out so fast. I know I can get this joint for $120 instead of $150.

Let me see what I can do. I can get jerseys at a discount.
The Zeke/Dak jersey sells out so fast. I know I can get this joint for $120 instead of $150.

I don't need it at discounted price fam', retail + shipping is fine.
I do appreciate it though! If you get your hands on one let me know. I have all the Dez jerseys; Home, Away, Throwback, & Color Rush.

I'm considering going to the divisional game (already took that Monday off) but I'm slightly nervous since the Cowboys record when I'm in attendance is 2-10 including the GB playoff game in 2014 :lol:

But more than likely I'll be there. Don't want to miss out on potential history.

I'm considering going to the divisional game (already took that Monday off) but I'm slightly nervous since the Cowboys record when I'm in attendance is 2-10 including the GB playoff game in 2014 :lol:

But more than likely I'll be there. Don't want to miss out on potential history.

You should fam', who knows when the next game will be. I tell everyone that this might be our one & only year. Gotta' be along for the ride.

Back
Top Bottom