THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 3 - 3 Thank God for the BYE

I'm fine with Calvin Riddley at 19. Just based on where we're at with the draft

I've talked myself into it

Going to likely be Rashaan Evans or RIdley. Packers just traded up, so they're likely going to take an offensive player, I think

Lee, Jaylon and Vander Esch is going to be the best group of linebackers we’ve run out since the 90s....

Get a receiver in R2.

I’m moreso upset that they didn’t move back to get him. Nobody had him going even in the early 20s.

Had we moved back to 25 or so and picked up a 3rd. I’d be happier with the pick.

Right now I’m meh on it.

Really think we need to move into the first 5 or so picks of the second. Especially if using #50 for Earl Thomas.

SB Nation
No. 19 pick: The Dallas Cowboys pick Leighton Vander Esch
Too low, just right, or too high? I was not expecting him to go here, so I guess that means too high, but I love this dude. He’s a freaky athlete who led a tremendous Boise State defense in tackles and run stuffs and was second in second in tackles for loss and third in sacks. And his “played 8-man football” story is tremendous.

Bonus points for that and for being absolutely ecstatic to get picked by the Cowboys. He’s a little bit of a one-year wonder, but BSU coaches knew he was going to erupt last summer, and then he did.

CBS gave us an A stating he was a steal

Walter Football
Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State B Grade
One NFC team medically flunked Leighton Vander Esch, but as Charlie and I explained on the podcast, this didn't mean that he wasn't going to fall out of the first round. Teams have different medical opinions of players, and Dallas obviously has no issues with Vander Esch's neck. If Vander Esch remains healthy, he'll be a terrific player in a Dallas defense that has historically struggled mightily whenever Sean Lee has been injured. Lee being hurt now won't be as problematic moving forward, which is a good thing.

I'm giving this a "B" grade. I'd like the pick a lot more if there weren't medical concerns about Vander Esch, but there's a good chance his neck won't be a problem, so I think this is a somewhat solid, albeit risky choice.

My ideal plan going forward.

Figure out how to get a pick 33-40 to get either Courtland Sutton or DJ Chark - WR (3rd & 7th this year, and a 2nd next year, Browns and Colts both have 2 early 2nds)
50 - Mo Hurst - DT Michigan (If pick hasn't been traded for Earl Thomas)
116 - Shaq Griffin - OLB UCF (Don’t need him, but he’s going to be good, and even better if the plan is a rotational guy)
137 - Best OL whether Guard or Tackle Available

This **** is hilarious :lol:

I don’t know a thing about these players outside of the top 5 maybe but I hope this kid performs for his sake :rofl:

that video is reaching

I was there and a lot of Boys fans just left to go to the tailgate/parties outside after our pick

Umm why wouldn't the fans leave after we made our pick? Super reach.
Also, the guy is a Giants fan lol. Fake news.

Back
Top Bottom