THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 3 - 3 Thank God for the BYE

There were times he could have picked up 5-6 yards a pop yesterday.

Word, Siemen killed us a couple times doing that exact thing.

Oh yea, put me into the group that is starting to believe that Dez is washed or also out of shape ...Dak gotta stop forcing the ball to him, think we need to start looking at first round receiving talent.

It seems like he's so caught up in jawing, that he struggles getting in rhythm and/or open consistently because he's gotta keep reminding Jenkins, Talib, etc. that w/o the refs help, they can't cover him.

and mentally he seems exhausted from all this courtroom drama.

This.
Which to me, was Goddell's intent all along.

Shannon is on point this morning.
Name one top receiver than teams don't respect enough to disguise coverage or double.
Teams go man against Dez cause he only has 2 routes. Back shoulder fade and a slant.
Julio, Odell, and AB salivate when they see man coverage. Dez is incapable of getting open against good corners.

Last edited:
Bro he's only in his second year and he led us to 13-3 last year. :lol:
Give him time to grow. This is the NFL. You already said Dez is washed, so what deep threat does Dak really have?

Bro he's only in his second year and he led us to 13-3 last year. :lol:
Give him time to grow. This is the NFL.
I'm not saying I don't like him or that he can't get better but delusional Cowboy fans in here and everywhere else already be praising him to the point where everyone is constantly rushing to defend him whenever he goofs

When I watch him I see sloppy decision making, missing opening receivers past 8 yards repeatedly & our inability to finish drives being a direct result of his inability to throw the ball whether it be the plays they call for him or him playing it safe

Yeah he's had his moments but from what I've seen I he's not a hard QB to figure out and if he keeps this easy to read style of play up we're in for a train wreck

I think Dak is above mediocre QB, however much of that is bc of Zeke ....look Zeke should have gotten ROY last year but bc most consider the QB position to most important ....but really it was Zeke that enabled Dak to have the year he had.

The one thing about Dak is that he's afraid to turn the ball over so he's constantly hitting those short routes and when he does take chances down the field, Dez either runs a horrible route and not open or simply outplayed by their cornerback.

Our red zone issues are in Scott Linehan decision making in not pounding the ball in, not Dak's.

Our offense also needs to open up more. Zeke can catch. Put him and Dez in motion.
Esp going up against elite defenses.

Our offense also needs to open up more. Zeke can catch. Put him and Dez in motion.
Esp going up against elite defenses.

Dez can't be used any differently than what we have seen so far.

Watching an Ex NFL WR and CB breaking his film down

Cliff notes:
-Dez can only run 9 out of 25 routes from the route tree
- The way Dez lines up his hips tell CBs if he his going Vertical or lateral
- He can only run 1/3 fade routes in the redzone and never caught a back shoulder fade in his career
- His fundamental mechanics are terrible and from those 9 routes he runs he rounds off 4 of them so that leaves him with 5 decent routes. His hand techniques are always out of place
- Cowboys can't line him up in the slot or other places on the field due to his inability to do different routes
- Dez is such a joke to defenses that when he flips sides or go in motion defenses don't follow him and stay in man so it makes Dak thinks it's a zone defense but in reality they don't chase Dez with the number #1 CB

Fans go to the film Daks 2 INTs were Dez's fault

Julio Jones and Sanu was getting so much separation on thier routes last night I could have completed some of those throws.

Dak threw 17/29 passes to Witten/Dez yesterday and Witten was able to get a little separation due to his great routes but due to his speed no yards after the catch.

He was 17/21 going to everyone else.

Witten played good last night but if Dak targeted any other top 10 TE/WR in the NFL 29 times we probably would have had a different ball game. Hell give Butler those Dez targets, he can at least run the full route tree

Dak isn't the problem on offense. H

Last edited:
Damn as an Eagles fan I didn't know all this about Dez and that y'all feel this way about him. He still scares the **** out of me but I guess a lot of this makes sense. With his physical presence he should put up dominant numbers every week but hasnt consistently done that in a while now.

Don't get me wrong with all of Dez's flaws he is still a decent receiver but hopefully Cowboys become realistic about his abilities and stop forcing 10-14 passes towards him a game. Would honestly prefer Williams and Butler to get half of those targets.

It all comes back to Dez being slow ... He was never a burner but was able to separate every now and then which made up for his lack of route running ... Now, he's just slow and a poor route runner with plus size compared to some corners ... Golden Tate is still the better receiver from that draft ...

It all comes back to Dez being slow ... He was never a burner but was able to separate every now and then which made up for his lack of route running ... Now, he's just slow and a poor route runner with plus size compared to some corners ... Golden Tate is still the better receiver from that draft ...

Na na now you overdoing it, Golden Tate is not even close to what Dez is. Dez had three straight 90 catch, 1200+ yard, 12 TD catch seasons. Dude was top 5 easily for those 3 years. Golden Tate has never even sniffed that status. You crazy for that one.

Dez can't be used any differently than what we have seen so far.

Watching an Ex NFL WR and CB breaking his film down

Cliff notes:

- He can only run 1/3 fade routes in the redzone and never caught a back shoulder fade in his career

???

I'm no where near a Cowboys fan but there are vids of this type of catch. I just want Dez on my fantasy team

I think throwing to him less will help Dez. And to be honest, Dak stares down his receivers. That pick 6 to Talib was a terrible throw and he tends to panic. He also needs to learn how to slide.

No one gets a pass. Everyone has to answer for what happened, from the coaches on down through the roster. It's still early. Probably needed this kick in the *** though

Dez hasnt been the same since he broke his foot or whatever it was that year.

THIS. He had the great years 12-14, with the all pro year in 14. The following year he broke his foot in that first game of the year. The next game is when Romo got hurt.

Last year he had the knee injury. And started to hit his stride at the end of the year.

Still think he's a top 10ish wideout when healthy but just seems like thats never the case anymore.

Dak also doesnt throw with as much anticipation as Romo did, which hurts guys like Dez. Not anyone's fault, just the things that happen while dealing with a young QB.

Golden Tate is still the better receiver from that draft ...

FB_IMG_1424122023733.jpg

Back
Top Bottom