THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 3 - 3 Thank God for the BYE

I have a feeling Dez is gonna flourish wherever he ends up.
He has fallen off in recent years but I think his decline in production has more to do with the offense we ran.

Agreed...+ despite what he'll say, I think this humbles Dez a tad and he bounces back much stronger.

Dude had 12 drops last year and a catch rate of under 53%

Sorry but he is not worth the money he wanted.

Dont get me wrong with Romo who could throw him open he could do things but Romo is long gone.

Some other team will overpay him to under perform.

I'm cool with the Dez release, he's not a good fit for the offense they need to run for Dak to be successful.

Not overly concern about the offense if they add some speed at WR.

LMAO if Dez is the heart and soul of your football team, it's no wonder we haven't won **** in over two decades.

Good riddance.

Can't get open. Can't catch. Can't help your football team in other ways. Won't take a pay cut... Adios.

Sean Lee and Witten been the leaders for quite some time

no need to get a WR round 1

draft Vea or Taven Bryan grab Notre Dame's ST. Brown in round 2

use the savings to get some value signings

LMAO if Dez is the heart and soul of your football team, it's no wonder we haven't won **** in over two decades.

Good riddance.

Can't get open. Can't catch. Can't help your football team in other ways. Won't take a pay cut... Adios.

Everyone peddling the "Dez cant get open" narrative is just flat out wrong. He's not some elite route runner but he runs a lot more than 3 routes and was frequently open your QB was just extremely erratic and didnt often see him or checked it down instead. Watch this WHOLE video, tape doesn't lie.

Is it a coincidence Dez's production slide coincided with Romo injuries/retirement? The drops were obviously big issue and hes gonna have to clean that up but if he goes to a good offense and QB who knows how to use him he can still be a real good WR.

As for your offense now.... Hurns/Williams/Thompson/Beasley + a rookie WR in a weak class is probably one of the bottom 5 to 10 groups in the league esp considering that Witten is still your top TE. Reminds me of my Eagles a few years ago when we had no weapons at all for Carson and his game obviously suffered from it. Zeke gonna have to run for damn near 2000 for your offense to be scary cause I dont see it coming from the passing game. Maybe if y'all had an innovative coach but we know Garrett damn sure aint that.

EDIT: I do want to mention that I think long term cutting Dez was the right decision because of his contract however this year theres no way it helps. He did mention that he would've taken a paycut but it wasn't even offered. Seems like Dak +Witten etc straight up told the team they want him gone.

Last edited:
I think it’s a few things that led to Dez the last couple of years. In this order.

1. Extremely weak cast in passing game. There wasn’t a single guy taking any attention of Dez. Even if they did go man on him, teams could still have help over the top because there was nobody else that needed commitment.

2. Dak isn’t a guy who slings it. Romo was. Dez still is one of the best in the league at going up and getting the 50/50 ball. But how many of those routes were we taking a chance on.

Those 2 things together cut off most downfield routes and limit what you can do.

3. Play calling was and still is terrible.

4. Dez was getting older, so he was losing a step.

But that’s why you start beefing up your 2nd WR. And start giving Dez different looks in the slot, run combo routes to Get him open.

We made a mistake cutting him. The reason being our passing game is awful now. Because none of those guys are good enough, possibly not even to be # 2 WR on a weak team. If I’m any team playing the Cowboys. I put 8-9 in the box. And play run defense. And use your safeties to cut off routes over the middle.

Everyone peddling the "Dez cant get open" narrative is just flat out wrong. He's not some elite route runner but he runs a lot more than 3 routes and was frequently open your QB was just extremely erratic and didnt often see him or checked it down instead.
I’ve watched every game of Dez’s career. I don’t need to watch a 22 minute chop up.

He’s lost explosiveness. He doesn’t get open off pure athleticism anymore.

Can he run more than 3 routes? Sure. Does he run them with precision to the point he’s capable of being effective minus a step and a half? No.

There were so many instances of Romo throwing Dez open over the years and taking risks to make a monster play. Dez won more of those than he lost for a long time.

Dak isn’t wired that way. Has Dak been great? No. Is some of the decline on Dak? Sure. But Dez isn’t about to be Larry Fitzgerald dogging dudes into his 30s. He’s just not. It was time.

I’ve watched every game of Dez’s career. I don’t need to watch a 22 minute chop up.

He’s lost explosiveness. He doesn’t get open off pure athleticism anymore.

Can he run more than 3 routes? Sure. Does he run them with precision to the point he’s capable of being effective minus a step and a half? No.

There were so many instances of Romo throwing Dez open over the years and taking risks to make a monster play. Dez won more of those than he lost for a long time.

Dak isn’t wired that way. Has Dak been great? No. Is some of the decline on Dak? Sure. But Dez isn’t about to be Larry Fitzgerald dogging dudes into his 30s. He’s just not. It was time.

Okay so you didnt watch the video which shows multiple multiple instances from this past season alone where Dez was wideeee open but the QB just flat out missed him or refused to even look his way. Could have easily been a 1000 yard season if he even hit half those plays and it would be a totally different discussion. You may have watched every game but there is tons you dont see during a live game that can only be seen on the All 22. Again though, like I said I agree for the long term it was the right decision I agree with you on that but this upcoming season? Nah, your WRs will be porous and Dak has a lot to prove especially considering the fact that it seems like he was one of the primary people lobbying for Dez to get released.

Video breaking down Daks play specifically, personally if I was Cowboys fan I'd def be concerned seeing this coupled with the weapons you guys are gonna trot out there.

Last edited:

Good riddance.

its coming out today that he said he would take one and jerry never asked.

i dont see how anyone can say this makes the team better. allen hurns are number 1 WR now? terrance williams? they need to cut his sorry *** also

I’ve watched every Dez game of his career...every quarter...every snap....I’m willing to bet we all have....

Like essential said, this team hasn’t done dez any favors with the vanilla playcalling and lack of complimentary playmakers in the WR corp...

Those video breakdowns don’t lie, ive complained during the season Dak doesn’t always pull the trigger, even when dez gets open...dope vids kobe4mvp.

This is gonna force Dak to step it up..I hope he’s capable of doing such, cause the WR Corp is some garbo, and ain’t no rookie helping(not in Dallas).

:lol: at the Dez apologists

if the move made us better then i would have zero problem saying so

but it didn't and what was the reason for waiting so long? cut him early so we could of used the money early on

if you cut him cause your saying he has lost a step and is not worth the money anymore then why is Mr. 1 yard after the catch still on the team

Back
Top Bottom