THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 3 - 3 Thank God for the BYE

Does anything he runs schematically on offense give him any significant coaching advantage at this level?

He's soft. There's no two ways around it. I don't think he's mentally built for the pressure of not having a significant talent or schematic advantage at all times.

It'd be under 3 years before his heart starts to crap out again and he's gotta "retire".

If we're going the college route, I'd much rather have a guy that's a offensive mastermind (Riley) or a flat out old school football CEO that will hire guys and let them do their job (Rhule). The only innovative offensive **** Urban ever did was over a decade ago with Tebow and Alex Smith. Nothing he did at Ohio State was that interesting, he just out-athleted literally everyone until it got to nut cutting time. He left and Ryan Day hasn't skipped a beat.
Nobody is staying here past 4-6 years
Meyer comes in fires the team up
Gets 1 maybe 2 super bowl wins and rides off into the sunset
Then Jerry Jones can bring Garrett back to perform the eulogy at his funeral

Does anything he runs schematically on offense give him any significant coaching advantage at this level?

He's soft. There's no two ways around it. I don't think he's mentally built for the pressure of not having a significant talent or schematic advantage at all times.

It'd be under 3 years before his heart starts to crap out again and he's gotta "retire".

If we're going the college route, I'd much rather have a guy that's a offensive mastermind (Riley) or a flat out old school football CEO that will hire guys and let them do their job (Rhule). The only innovative offensive **** Urban ever did was over a decade ago with Tebow and Alex Smith. Nothing he did at Ohio State was that interesting, he just out-athleted literally everyone until it got to nut cutting time. He left and Ryan Day hasn't skipped a beat.

riley is great mastermind on offensive and with QB'S but i dont think urban forgot everything.
he is not stupid tho, he has always had his teams play to whatever advantage it had. from running or passing team or defensive team.

what you said about rhule is why i wouldnt mind urban he has always put a A plus staff around him and i figured after all these years he knows alot of people.

jerry hires anyone with the first name Dan and im going to blow the star up myself

Seems like Jerry is going to wait until he has a new coach hired to announce Garrett's fired
Pretty sure its hard firing a family member
I can imagine Stephen Jones and Jerry Jr have had a hard time getting Jerry to realize Jason Garrett isn't their biological brother and they are ready to kick him out of the family

Let’s keep it real!
Jerry bought the Cowboys when they were terrible. Jimmy Johnson turned the Franchise around by drafting, Trading, and hiring the staff he wanted. His staff went on to have great careers and all of the 90s Super Bowls was with his team. Jerry runs him out of town and once all of Jimmy Johnson players were gone the cowboys weren’t competitive until Bill Parcel was giving the same power Jimmy Johnson had. Bill Parcel was close to building the team the way he wanted then Jerry jumped in and started making roster moves without discussing them with Parcells, which in turn led to him leaving.

The best the Cowboys players and Coaching staff from the last 30 years were Jimmy and Parcell guys.

They’ve drafted really well in the last 7-8 years.

Some misses of course, Mo Claiborne SMH. But they’ve had very good drafts, or at the very least above average.

Jerry just wants to do everything. When he fired Jimmy and Switzer came in and won. Jerry thought it was all him. That set the course of history.

Last edited:
Belichick to the Cowboys wouldn't be a surprise considering Jerry's story about he could have had Belichick after Cleveland fired him

And what makes you think that? He had a coach that could've gotten him more than he has now and didn't want to continue giving him control.

Parcells was an old man that came in to right the ship and he had full control and brought in every old Jets scrub he could think of
He had all of his old players on the roster and on the coaching staff and was drafting players just because he coached their dad

Mike McCarthy might be right at the top of my Worst Case Scenario list for this job.

Parcells was an old man that came in to right the ship and he had full control and brought in every old Jets scrub he could think of
He had all of his old players on the roster and on the coaching staff and was drafting players just because he coached their dad
He drafted Ware, Romo, Witten, Barber etc and had Sean Payton, Todd Bowles, Tony Sparano, Todd Haley, and Mike Zimmer on his coaching staff. Payton and Zimmer still call Parcell weekly to get insight on coaching. Every coach from that staff left the Cowboys and had either a number 1 offense or defense.

Bledsoe and Vinny the Jet were last minute decision because the Franchise put everything they could into Quincy Carter being the starting QB but drugs were a problem and they cut him one week before the first preseason game and had to sign a QB that knew the offense.

Bill Parcell was the best thing that could have happened to The Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones blew it all on Terrell Owens..... Sean Payton or Zimmer were next in line to replace Parcell if Jerry didn’t run him out of town.

Even Bill Belichick is part of Parcell’s coaching tree and calls him weekly for advise and Cowboy Fans talking bout they glad they got rid of him😂 we had the guy that taught all the great coaches and ran him out of town
1578281774196.png

Last edited:
Parcells only took the job because it was the Cowboys
He turned down a front office position after his coaching contract was up
That coaching tree aint that impressive

Parcells only took the job because it was the Cowboys
He turned down a front office position after his coaching contract was up
That coaching tree aint that impressive
I believe it is way more to the story, cause he took a
Front Office job with the 1-15 dolphins the following year. Turning down a Front Office job with Cowboys to go to the 1-15 Dolphins and none of your staff wants to stay with the Cowboys is saying something.

Last edited:
Only coach on the staff that Jerry wanted was Sean Payton
Parcells said the reason he left the cowboys is because he was tired
Not that he didn't like Jerry or Stephen Jones

This guy should've been no better than the fall back plan if 48 other people turned us down.

Might as well have hired Jeff Fisher.

I'm sick.

Back
Top Bottom