THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 3 - 3 Thank God for the BYE

By all accounts McCarthy has taken this year off and hit reset on his approach ... AND we have the added bonus of him wanting to ruin the Packers forever lol ...

I'm optimistic for sure ...

McCarthy is a brand guy
He's going to represent the Cowboy brand just as Jerry instructs him to
He'll have on Cowboys gear everywhere he goes and will do and say exactly what Jerry tells him to do and say
If he can just get a super bowl win for my kids to have something to cheer about, then he'll be alright with me

A coach with championship experience on the bottom of yall list?!? Interesting... would yall have went with Marvin Lewis instead?

Say what you want about McCarthy but dude had legit success in GB with teams similar in build to ours now except at QB

Id much rather have someone like him experience than a first year college guy no matter who it was

Say what you want about McCarthy but dude had legit success in GB with teams similar in build to ours now except at QB

Id much rather have someone like him experience than a first year college guy no matter who it was
Does anything Mike McCarthy has ever done suggest he's the kinda guy that's going to overcome not having a megastar at quarterback?

"Similar roster minus Aaron Rodgers" doesn't bode well for our outlook with this hire.

The guy got fired on the back of back-to-back losing seasons with Aaron ******* Rodgers. Green Bay hired a first-time head coach, and got a Playoff Bye Week with basically the same roster and fought injuries all year long.

Does anything Mike McCarthy has ever done suggest he's the kinda guy that's going to overcome not having a megastar at quarterback?

"Similar roster minus Aaron Rodgers" doesn't bode well for our outlook with this hire.

The guy got fired on the back of back-to-back losing seasons with Aaron ****ing Rodgers. Green Bay hired a first-time head coach, and got a Playoff Bye Week with basically the same roster and fought injuries all year long.
Oh so noooowwwww Dak ain’t that megastar y’all chop him up to be?

How convenient :lol:

Short answer is probably not, but neither did any other option either

Give me a coach that’s won a Super Bowl vs one that hasn’t any day of the week

Wasn’t expecting this Head Coach hiring but after Wade Phillips and Garrett I’m just glad we have someone that will chew some players out if they are not playing with effort.

I'm fine with McCarthy.. 13 years in GB 4 NFC championship appearances 1 Superbowl.. if Garrett did that for jerry, Jerry woulda gave him a lifetime contract and his own daughter haha.. but still a wait and see this could be an Andy Reid situation where a coach has been with an organization for years gets stale has a falling out with players but moves on to a new scenery and has a good run but like I said, we will see.

And don't forget Dallas will have 90+ cap next year so even if you give Dak 35 and Amari 18-20 your looking at still having 30-40 mill left and it's not like we need much player wise except for def and we can do that for the draft. I think this can be a turning point BUT I've been a cowboys fan since I was born 30 years ago and haven't seen this team even sniff a NFC Championship game since 96 haha so could just be my bias.

Don't know how to feel about McCarthy.

Surprised how quick he was hired given that Jerry took forever to fire Garrett.

Mike Nolan as DC... Also not exciting.

Maybe not exciting is by design, but man.

A coach with championship experience on the bottom of yall list?!? Interesting... would yall have went with Marvin Lewis instead?
I would have liked to see Marvin Lewis because he gets his guys to give everything they got every week
But McCarthy has won a super bowl with a less talented team than he is inheriting, and he's had success against all the coaches in the NFC

If this is going to work, he's going to have to have spent the last year watching, learning and come back with a significantly revamped offense.

What he's traditionally done is so outdated and 100% not a good fit for Dak.

Its not all about Dak. Zeke is the key to our success
Zeke will lead this team to multiple super bowls
Dak just needs to make sure he doesnt mess up when his number is called

It’s year 4 and we know how this team plays it’s best and wins

The formula ain’t hard

We need to prioritize the run and limit Dak to around 20-25 throws a game

Kellen Moore turning this into a pass happy Team was the worst thing he could’ve done because like we saw all year, Dak can’t carry the load like that

Its not all about Dak. Zeke is the key to our success
Zeke will lead this team to multiple super bowls
Dak just needs to make sure he doesnt mess up when his number is called
If Zeke doesn’t get gassed and have to run to the sidelines after every long run.

I always thought Garrett's preparation for an NFL football game was weak
If the Cowboys were an Ivy league football team, they would have dominated every year
But as far as being ready to compete week to week in the NFL he never really seemed to be able to get over the hump

McCarthy has me genuinely excited ... He is going to shock a lot of people ...

Now we need to let the staff do their magic in the draft and free agency ...

Would never be in postition you take such a hit.
FREIGHT TRAIN COMIN!!!!

henry.gif

henry2.gif

Back
Top Bottom