The Official Adidas D Lillard 1

DMV people, went to Tysons around 1, they didn't have them on display but they gottem.

Dude said they only had 6 pairs tho which I find hard to believe.

I saw them at FTL and the leather is good, like the old days good if not better. Not on par with Li-Ning but it's good enough for the price point. Really like the laser etched roses on the tongue, should put the option on miAdidas.

I need some new hoop shoes. How comfortable and breathable are these? feel free to compare them to other popular hoop shoe. 

I need some new hoop shoes. How comfortable and breathable are these? feel free to compare them to other popular hoop shoe. 
Comfort to me comes down to two issues.  First, heel slip is a known problem with these, even though I have no issues with that at all.  Second, is the lace pressure.  I might not have any issues because I tie them kind of tightly.  That lace pressure becomes very bothersome over the duration of multiple games and the techfit bootee is thin.

Everything else is very comfortable to me.

Breathability is also fine.

I'd say they are lower to the ground than the CF Drive, they have great court feel and transition, and traction is also just as good, if not better.  But it's the fit and long term comfort where the CF Drive is far superior.

Comfort to me comes down to two issues.  First, heel slip is a known problem with these, even though I have no issues with that at all.  Second, is the lace pressure.  I might not have any issues because I tie them kind of tightly.  That lace pressure becomes very bothersome over the duration of multiple games and the techfit bootee is thin.

Everything else is very comfortable to me.

Breathability is also fine.

I'd say they are lower to the ground than the CF Drive, they have great court feel and transition, and traction is also just as good, if not better.  But it's the fit and long term comfort where the CF Drive is far superior.
Thanks for the feedback. I like my shoes to feel tight on my feet so the lace pressure might become an issue

Oh, they feel great to me on foot. I just still have a slight slip of the heel. Cushioning may be better than the Rose 5 Boost - I loved it.

did a 180 on the all stars.
pimp.gif
 Has the taxi 12 feel

did a 180 on the all stars.
pimp.gif
 Has the taxi 12 feel
It's a really, really good look imo...
smokin.gif
 I would actually consider them for casual.  

This shoe was so close to being great for me on court, but I just can't continue to hoop in them with the ankle fit issues/lace pressure.

Damn shame there's so many fit problems with this sneaker. Guess I'm in the minority, from all the surgeries I've had on my ankles.Hope they fix it on the next go round for you guys.

It's a really, really good look imo...
smokin.gif
 I would actually consider them for casual.  

This shoe was so close to being great for me on court, but I just can't continue to hoop in them with the ankle fit issues/lace pressure.
casual only as of now for me. I find them that appealing. Haven't even gotten to my UA drives and Curry 1s yet cuz of my xx8's so definitely not rushing to play in these, especially with all the heel issues.

Last edited:
I'm completely fine in them now.  Switched out to the insoles from some old Rose 3's.

They do get uncomfortable after extensive periods, but that's a lot to ask for any shoe.  I played for like 4 hours in them and I think only the CF Drive might have left me feeling better overall after that long of a session.

I definitely want to get another colorway depending on what releases.  I only liked the Rip City and All Stars so far.  Still waiting on some more home/away versions.

Also, I'm reaching for these more than the CF Drive recently.  I wouldn't dare say the Lillard is a better shoe because that would just be blasphemous.  But being a Blazers and Lillard fan, you guys know how it is.  I'm sure some of you guys have that shoe that isn't the best, lightest, grippiest, smoothest and so on, but you just love wearing it.

Last edited:
True, Deezy - and even with all the ankle/heel
slip, I have played in these a ton since the review was done. I love the looks and cushioning. I just lace TIGHT and deal for about four games. They are to smooth to shelve.

Back
Top Bottom