THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
4620C692-B2CB-4AE3-B195-3350BA1466F1.jpeg
View attachment 2138971 Harden Vol 2 Cactus Kid

Saw the MVPs instore at footlocker yesterday, they were freaking GORGEOUS in person, definitely would cop if i bought shoes for retail and most definitely would cop if they went on deep discount. Also the laceless MVPs looked ok, such a weird shoe, doubt they'll sell much of the LS versions.

Find it strange the more and more I look at the LS model, the more it grows on me.

The above CW has a luxury aethstetic to it.
Seems like such an LA Kanye/Jenner type shoe. Idk I feel like I’d see Kanye and his ppl wearing them.

Just screams generic to me... I think those that don't know the shoes will think it's some type of target Walmart brand shoes

Meh, most folks don't know shoes and don't even look at people's shoes anyway. And they def don't know most of the time WTF you're wearing unless they're Jordans (though they wouldn't know which Jordans you're wearing).

Folks that know shoes will know what they are, and that's exactly what I'd expect. For me, the silhouette of the 2's is a challenge, and I think this is maybe the first iteration that handles it with some subtlety and an appropriate interplay of color and understated lux.

Meh, most folks don't know shoes and don't even look at people's shoes anyway. And they def don't know most of the time WTF you're wearing unless they're Jordans (though they wouldn't know which Jordans you're wearing).

Folks that know shoes will know what they are, and that's exactly what I'd expect. For me, the silhouette of the 2's is a challenge, and I think this is maybe the first iteration that handles it with some subtlety and an appropriate interplay of color and understated lux.
Yeah I'm cool off paying that price point and thinking it's just some kmart/walmart/target brand :rofl:

Yeah I'm cool off paying that price point and thinking it's just some kmart/walmart/target brand :rofl:

Dude, I'm a married 43-year-old MD w/ 2 kids. I have literally no one to impress. Not like I'm creeping out there for dates or trying to get a better job. If I did, I'd probably worry more about my 15-year-old car, which I realized was good for exactly one thing -- driving me places.:lol:

Making folks impressed means literally zero to me. I just love sneakers.

Last edited:
So what are some of the shoes biggest pain points for those who hoop in them?

Just that midfoot elastic band. It's a little tighter than I'd like it to be, but its ok.

It doesn't stretch much at all even after a rough break in.

It's not a deal breaker though if you go TTS.

Honest sizing if you wanna hoop/work out in them go TTS the boost tech will work towards your advantage.. if you want to wear casually go a size up or a half size up bec. The shoes are very snug and hug your feet . And yes the elastic on the front is not very stretchy

Dude, I'm a married 43-year-old MD w/ 2 kids. I have literally no one to impress. Not like I'm creeping out there for dates or trying to get a better job. If I did, I'd probably worry more about my 15-year-old car, which I realized was good for exactly one thing -- driving me places.:lol:

PREACH!

Honest sizing if you wanna hoop/work out in them go TTS the boost tech will work towards your advantage.. if you want to wear casually go a size up or a half size up bec. The shoes are very snug and hug your feet . And yes the elastic on the front is not very stretchy

I went with regular Harden sizing, half size down. Tried on my regular and half size down in the store. They're snug but the half size down was the best option for me.

Either my foot got use to the band or it loosened up a bit because it's no longer and issue.

Just screams generic to me... I think those that don't know the shoes will think it's some type of target Walmart brand shoes
Maybe generic luxury sneakers but the only thing different between most of them is the cache of the name if we being honest.

I agree with you for the most part but I don't get why cats always drop the I'm not trying to impress people line. Its like fam you should be trying to look your best regardless and not only when you're looking for a mate. Just never got that logic but its probably just a tired cliche that even I've used until I was like that saying is stupid.

Trying to impress to me = Buying a pair of Off-White 1s or Yeezy 350s.

Buying a pair of Hardens would pretty much be the same thing on a lesser level. Some CWs like the BHM Vol. 1s, Milled Leather, and the California Dreamin'(would guess it's the most popular Vol. 2) would be somewhere along those lines.

Not saying I'll give up the shoe collecting hobby, but as of now, finding a balance of buying what I truly "need" vs. what I truly "want" is a hassle just due to money constraints.

Trying to impress to me = Buying a pair of Off-White 1s or Yeezy 350s.

Buying a pair of Hardens would pretty much be the same thing on a lesser level. Some CWs like the BHM Vol. 1s, Milled Leather, and the California Dreamin'(would guess it's the most popular Vol. 2) would be somewhere along those lines.

Not saying I'll give up the shoe collecting hobby, but as of now, finding a balance of buying what I truly "need" vs. what I truly "want" is a hassle just due to money constraints.
I don't agree with most of this at all. Trying to impress to me is buying stuff you wouldn't normally buy but do because its popular. I can see how off whites or Yeezys might fit into this. As far as regular sneakers like the Hardens nah fam. They're regular cw sneakers. I could even understand if they were the limited all star cw or something but a regular cw even if flashy I don't think cats are trying to impress. Maybe they are but most times I just assume they like wild sneaker colors. You also don't get props most times for regular release colors ime that's why I can't agree with doing that to impress people.

I don't agree with most of this at all. Trying to impress to me is buying stuff you wouldn't normally buy but do because its popular. I can see how off whites or Yeezys might fit into this. As far as regular sneakers like the Hardens nah fam. They're regular cw sneakers. I could even understand if they were the limited all star cw or something but a regular cw even if flashy I don't think cats are trying to impress. Maybe they are but most times I just assume they like wild sneaker colors. You also don't get props most times for regular release colors ime that's why I can't agree with doing that to impress people.

But when you hear people say " what are those and laugh " you know somewhere deep down you are hurt and want to say these shoes cost more than your whole outfit

Back
Top Bottom