THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't see the purple colorway on the FTL site? Did they not release like they were suppose to ?

I saw them on there last night and gone today. I was about to go looking in-store then this happened

7E448C66-D62A-45DA-A112-79C6584D458F.jpeg

Purple pair glows in the dark, not sure which part(s), maybe outsole

Not gonna use it
BAE5816F-F44B-4201-8069-ABF823572B9B.jpeg

Last edited:
Decided to grab a pair of the vol 3s off adc with a discount code. Not terribly excited about either colorway but I’m looking forward to trying them out on the court. Will use the adidas return policy if I don’t love them...

Got my Vol 3 Cosmos pair in today. Took them to the gym for shooting around and a quick workout. The shoes are TTS for me like the Vol 2s (I needed to go 1/2 size down for the Vol 1s) - I'm happy with the width and length for my normal width foot. Shoes feel stable with nice wide sole and good lockdown. Zero heel slip today. Lateral containment seems to be good. I didn't push the shoes too much yet though. Traction was very good but was picking up dust easily. Cushion so far seems like a midpoint between the 1s and 2s - good court feel and impact protection with just enough boosty bounce. Looking forward to seeing how the shoes break in with extended wear and see if these shoes are worthy taking a spot in my regular rotation. I'll report back.

Purple pair drops Saturday 3am east coast time on adidas. I’ll be buying those and give my thoughts once they get in.

Loved the 1 & 2 though so I can only expect great things.

I thought the Vol. 3s were complete trash (like the 2s were) however since they're just sitting in stores I figured to at least try them on. I say all that to say I'm glad I did. They look ways better on feet. The right colorway (even tho the black/whites aren't bad) and/or the right discount and I might be in. I recommend anyone else that think theyret trash to at least try em on. U might be surprised. I still am unsure about the big Roman numerals in the medial side lol.

IMG_20181019_100951.jpg
IMG_20181019_101050.jpg
IMG_20181019_101054.jpg

I thought the Vol. 3s were complete trash (like the 2s were) however since they're just sitting in stores I figured to at least try them on. I say all that to say I'm glad I did. They look ways better on feet. The right colorway (even tho the black/whites aren't bad) and/or the right discount and I might be in. I recommend anyone else that think theyret trash to at least try em on. U might be surprised. I still am unsure about the big Roman numerals in the medial side lol.

IMG_20181019_100951.jpg
IMG_20181019_101050.jpg
IMG_20181019_101054.jpg

The Vol 3s definitely look better in hand and on foot than I expected. So far they are good performers for me as well. If my pair keeps getting better with break in then I'm definitely buying more pairs on discount (no need to buy these at full price with the way adidas hoop shoes go on sale)...

IMG_20181019_100951.jpg
IMG_20181019_101050.jpg
IMG_20181019_101054.jpg

The Vol 3s definitely look better in hand and on foot than I expected. So far they are good performers for me as well. If my pair keeps getting better with break in then I'm definitely buying more pairs on discount (no need to buy these at full price with the way adidas hoop shoes go on sale)...
hows the comfort on em, are they like the LS 1 or is it non existent

Yeah I’d say they’re as low as the ones but you can feel the boost a bit more in these. Its cushioned and low as opposed to firm and low.

I think that’s a great way to explain the cushioning. It’s low with court feel like the 1s but with a springier feel. Not quite springy like the 2s but close. So far it feel like a very good compromise of the two previous shoes.

I just checked ADC and the purple pair is up for sale now.

Last edited:
So maybe it’s just me needing to break them in, but I tried on several pairs of the Vol 2 here in Florida at the adidas outlet and didn’t really feel any Boost in the forefoot. I think I might’ve felt it in one pair a little more, but I can feel the Jetlon Plus in my Rare Metals more. I almost picked up a pair of the Vol 2 but remember how the Boost on my Rose 6 treated me on two pairs I had; it got packed and firm in the forefoot and feels nearly hard today.

They unfortunately only had one pair of Vol 1 close to my size that I got to try on (I would’ve needed a size 9 but they only had a 10). I could feel the Boost more in those and they felt lower to the ground. It felt low but more springy with feedback.

So maybe it’s just me needing to break them in, but I tried on several pairs of the Vol 2 here in Florida at the adidas outlet and didn’t really feel any Boost in the forefoot. I think I might’ve felt it in one pair a little more, but I can feel the Jetlon Plus in my Rare Metals more. I almost picked up a pair of the Vol 2 but remember how the Boost on my Rose 6 treated me on two pairs I had; it got packed and firm in the forefoot and feels nearly hard today.

They unfortunately only had one pair of Vol 1 close to my size that I got to try on (I would’ve needed a size 9 but they only had a 10). I could feel the Boost more in those and they felt lower to the ground. It felt low but more springy with feedback.

The forefoot Boost in the Vol 1’s and 2’s is nothing to write home about.

I think there’s a bit more in the 2’s than 1’s though.

Back
Top Bottom