THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The forefoot Boost in the Vol 1’s and 2’s is nothing to write home about.

I think there’s a bit more in the 2’s than 1’s though.

Thanks for letting me know I’m not crazy. I need forefoot cushioning and will probably just cop another pair of Rare Metals.

I find the stiffer boost in the 1s and 2s need some break in. After a few wears I think both have nice forefoot cushioning - court feel, bounce back, and good impact protection without being mushy. I like the thicker, bouncier boost in the 2s over the 1s.

I know I shared my experiences with guys in the past over the inconsistency of boost with the Rose 6s and early boost basketball shoes. I was dubious of boost for a while but I feel like adidas has been making the basketball boost better the last couple of years. I’ve only had one basketball boost shoe since the Rose 6s that I felt was overly firm and lumpy - my tan suede toed Harden 1s. I sent them back to adidas and my replacement pair was spot on.

I find the stiffer boost in the 1s and 2s need some break in. After a few wears I think both have nice forefoot cushioning - court feel, bounce back, and good impact protection without being mushy. I like the thicker, bouncier boost in the 2s over the 1s.

I know I shared my experiences with guys in the past over the inconsistency of boost with the Rose 6s and early boost basketball shoes. I was dubious of boost for a while but I feel like adidas has been making the basketball boost better the last couple of years. I’ve only had one basketball boost shoe since the Rose 6s that I felt was overly firm and lumpy - my tan suede toed Harden 1s. I sent them back to adidas and my replacement pair was spot on.

You and I have had similar experiences with basketball Boost and I definitely trust your word. You’re saying the Boost hasn’t gotten worse overtime? Kind of regret not getting the Vol 2 now, they were going to end up being 59.99 here at the outlet.

No doubt. I remember a lot of back and forth on this a couple of years ago. I would try to grab a pair of Vol 2s for cheap if you still can. I haven’t noticed the boost in my Vol 1s or 2s getting worse overtime and I’ve put a lot of mileage in them. My one pair of CLB16 lows that I have worn a tone for a year and a half feel like they have finally packed out a bit. Its not terrible, but I can tell it’s a little firmer and lower than my pair that I’ve kept on ice. I think it’s more of an issue with the CLB16s since they started out softer and less dense so they can pack out a little easier.

Glad I picked up multiple pairs of the crazy explosive lows, adidas been letting us down with Boost shoes this past year tbh, really excited to try on the vol 3 tho

I got a chance to try on the Harden 3’s and they felt great straight out the box.. the materials on the upper felt soft but contained my foot perfectly.. the boost felt bouncy but low to the ground while walking.. and i could tell that the traction is going to be beastly by the instant squeaking.

7E140F2D-45E9-4C33-AD80-9130CB7F686A.jpeg
I wasn’t a fan of the look but once in hand and better - on foot - these may be the best Harden to play in.

7E140F2D-45E9-4C33-AD80-9130CB7F686A.jpeg
I wasn’t a fan of the look but once in hand and better - on foot - these may be the best Harden to play in.

Great, now idk if I should wait for the Vol 3 to go on sale or find cheaper Vol 1 or Vol 2 lol. I still have my JC3, Rare Metals, and Future Legends but the shoe nerd in me stays curious to try Boost again vs Jetlon Plus/BlackFoam.

Great, now idk if I should wait for the Vol 3 to go on sale or find cheaper Vol 1 or Vol 2 lol. I still have my JC3, Rare Metals, and Future Legends but the shoe nerd in me stays curious to try Boost again vs Jetlon Plus/BlackFoam.
Take advice from someone who has Hardens, Kyries, old Revs from the outlet, wades in rotation from the last two years(fml I gotta stop), just wait the couple months. If ya got other shoes, you know these will drop.

Harden doesn't move incredible units, and Adidas will clear them. I mean ya don't gotta wait until they're stupid low like 2s were for $40-50 but these will drop imo.

But your money your call ya know haha. I've been trying to hold off on these until at least Christmas, we'll see.

JC2 and Vol 1 are my favorite hoop shoes so with that said these are the 2 shoes I don't wait for....just my opinion

Take advice from someone who has Hardens, Kyries, old Revs from the outlet, wades in rotation from the last two years(fml I gotta stop), just wait the couple months. If ya got other shoes, you know these will drop.

Harden doesn't move incredible units, and Adidas will clear them. I mean ya don't gotta wait until they're stupid low like 2s were for $40-50 but these will drop imo.

But your money your call ya know haha. I've been trying to hold off on these until at least Christmas, we'll see.

Good stuff, I am the same way lol! I have tried to slow down because:

a. Have kids
b. Am not in the league lol

That said, I am still a competitive rec hooper and my Rare Metals I basically got all 3 free (long story, started off with a gift card lol). I got the JC3 for 30, love those but I hoop on carpet traction (basically outdoors) and it chews through traction.

My Brandblacks has basically fallen apart because of this, so I try to keep one pair on ice for indoor. So though I do have shoes, it is a balance of not wanting to waste money (since they’ll get chewed up), needing/wanting to try thicker cushioning, etc.

If I can find the Harden again for $50 I’m biting (Vol 2).

JC2 and Vol 1 are my favorite hoop shoes so with that said these are the 2 shoes I don't wait for....just my opinion

My JC3 has just the right cushioning for me but there is just enough traction left to use them on indoor courts. My Future Legend is also awesome but same story (plus the outrigger bends under my foot sometimes in a weird way). My JC4 Lightning and Thunders are falling apart, chewed up traction, and my JC4 Jigsaw has sloppy fit. Out of all of them, the JC3 and JC4 Thunder are my favorites. The JC4 would be my ultimate fav if the cushioning wasn’t so firm. Not sure why, but the Jetlon is firmer and not as soft in those as the Thunder and Jigsaw.

Anyway, I have seen Vol 1 around online but they’re still at around the pricepoint of the Vol 2, and since I need the most cushioning I figure I might as well go for those. Plus, the customizable fitting option is awesome as well as I have tried on the Vol 1 and found the fit to be hit or miss and will most likely have to buy whatever Harden I get online and need to not have to worry about getting the wrong size.

My JC3 has just the right cushioning for me but there is just enough traction left to use them on indoor courts. My Future Legend is also awesome but same story (plus the outrigger bends under my foot sometimes in a weird way). My JC4 Lightning and Thunders are falling apart, chewed up traction, and my JC4 Jigsaw has sloppy fit. Out of all of them, the JC3 and JC4 Thunder are my favorites. The JC4 would be my ultimate fav if the cushioning wasn’t so firm. Not sure why, but the Jetlon is firmer and not as soft in those as the Thunder and Jigsaw.

Anyway, I have seen Vol 1 around online but they’re still at around the pricepoint of the Vol 2, and since I need the most cushioning I figure I might as well go for those. Plus, the customizable fitting option is awesome as well as I have tried on the Vol 1 and found the fit to be hit or miss and will most likely have to buy whatever Harden I get online and need to not have to worry about getting the wrong size.
I would get the JC2 before the vol 3 to be honest

I would get the JC2 before the vol 3 to be honest

I remember reading on the BrandBlack form that the Jetlonin the 2 bottoms out quite quickly, which is why I was looking at the Hardens. I take it you’re hasn’t bottomed out then? I have compressed the Jetlon in my JC3 quite a bit.

I remember reading on the BrandBlack form that the Jetlonin the 2 bottoms out quite quickly, which is why I was looking at the Hardens. I take it you’re hasn’t bottomed out then? I have compressed the Jetlon in my JC3 quite a bit.
It bottoms out faster than hardens but the comfort is so much better than the JC3's....at the prices you could get the JC2 I would go that route since it is not your only hoop shoe. If cushion is your thing you really need to get the JC2....the black foam doesn't even compare imo

It bottoms out faster than hardens but the comfort is so much better than the JC3's....at the prices you could get the JC2 I would go that route since it is not your only hoop shoe. If cushion is your thing you really need to get the JC2....the black foam doesn't even compare imo

Yea I remember you didn’t like the JC3. I think the JC3 worked out better for me because I put a lot of torque on my cushioning (especially forefoot). It was perfectly thick for me.

Have you tried the JC4 Rare Metal? I wonder how you compare it to that cushioning since the JC4 is upgraded Jetlon.

Yea I remember you didn’t like the JC3. I think the JC3 worked out better for me because I put a lot of torque on my cushioning (especially forefoot). It was perfectly thick for me.

Have you tried the JC4 Rare Metal? I wonder how you compare it to that cushioning since the JC4 is upgraded Jetlon.
Yes I have the rare metals and I love the shoe....for me it is JC2>Rare metal>JC3. I prefer the original Jetlon.....telling you man, I think you skipped over the best model

Yes I have the rare metals and I love the shoe....for me it is JC2>Rare metal>JC3. I prefer the original Jetlon.....telling you man, I think you skipped over the best model

Well unfortunately Norstrom Rack is out of them. I’ll keep looking for Vol 2s I guess while hooping in the Rare Metals that I don’t mind getting chewed up.

looking forward to hooping in the vol 3 just need a decent colorway to release. First three are kinda trash imo.

Good stuff, I am the same way lol! I have tried to slow down because:

a. Have kids
b. Am not in the league lol

That said, I am still a competitive rec hooper and my Rare Metals I basically got all 3 free (long story, started off with a gift card lol). I got the JC3 for 30, love those but I hoop on carpet traction (basically outdoors) and it chews through traction.

My Brandblacks has basically fallen apart because of this, so I try to keep one pair on ice for indoor. So though I do have shoes, it is a balance of not wanting to waste money (since they’ll get chewed up), needing/wanting to try thicker cushioning, etc.

If I can find the Harden again for $50 I’m biting (Vol 2).

Ay respect lol. We just clinched our Sunday morning league for the second straight season. We recorded some highlights with a tripod too, ****s funny af lmaooooooo.
Been rocking the Kyrie 4s for game days and then using and abusing the rest during the week lol.

As per the shoe line, seems like all the reviews have been overly positive so far. Real excited to get my hands on a pair once they drop a little.

I found the traction on mine was awful out of the box on a mildly dusty court, and as I'm coming back from a knee injury I felt unsafe with the extra slip every time I moved so I changed into my PG 2.5s and the grip was perfect.

Hoping they just need a bit of time to wear in...

Back
Top Bottom