THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I found the traction on mine was awful out of the box on a mildly dusty court, and as I'm coming back from a knee injury I felt unsafe with the extra slip every time I moved so I changed into my PG 2.5s and the grip was perfect.

Hoping they just need a bit of time to wear in...

What color?

My cosmos pair was only ok out of the box. Sole felt filmy and was collecting a lot of dust. Got much better after quick wipe down with soapy water. Traction really broke in after a couple of sessions of shooting around and working out. Played full court for 2-3 hrs Thursday after the break in and traction was great.

Can anyone comment on the out of box comfort for the vol 3? I only play ball about 1-2 times a month and like just wearing b-ball lows to run errands around town.

Can anyone comment on the out of box comfort for the vol 3? I only play ball about 1-2 times a month and like just wearing b-ball lows to run errands around town.
When i tried them on in the store the boost felt soft but responsive, the upper felt supportive and the traction seemed A1 with a squeak test.

Dqpo9dKV4AAoTWr.jpg:large

Was able to get to DIC-K’s to price match the Harden Vol 2 from the Adidas website, along with the Octsale discount. Ended up getting a pair for 56 bucks. I’m excited to play in them, but I am not expecting much as far as the Boost cushioning forefoot goes. Hopefully I will be surprised, these will be my first pair of Harden basketball shoes

Nah, they'd never do that. The trefoil is for lifestyle sneaks and the badge of sport is for performance.

Nah, they shouldn't. That's like saying Honda should put the "H" badge on Acuras cause it looks better and is more widely recognized. They're two completely different brands offering different products within the same industry. Trust me, both logos have a deep, rich and extremely proud history within the walls in Portland and Herzo. They're not gonna just slap a trefoil on a performance product for the sake of aesthetics. There's too much history to do something so short-sighted.

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.00.23 PM.png

WELP. What were you saying again @kg21 ?

:lol:

I think I’m going to return my Vol 3s, I tried them again tonight and the traction was horrendous again. It’s a good court, and the Kyrie 4s stuck to it like glue. Love the looks and cushioning, just can’t play in a shoe that I’m sliding that badly in.

Did you try washing the sole with soapy water or wiping the sole down with rubbing alcohol and a rag? Sometimes the fabrication process leaves residue on soles that can be cleaned off or will eventually wear off. My cosmo pair had iffy traction out of the box but a little cleaning made the traction way better and it eventually became stelllar with a couple gym days.

I think I’m going to return my Vol 3s, I tried them again tonight and the traction was horrendous again. It’s a good court, and the Kyrie 4s stuck to it like glue. Love the looks and cushioning, just can’t play in a shoe that I’m sliding that badly in.
That's weird, every review I've read/watched have said the traction is incredible or great at the least, maybe do an exchange and try another pair out?

Tried these on last night and they feel amazing. People may see them as generic which is understandable, but you can def get away with these casually. The Achilles area is like a giant pillow on your Achilles’ tendons, the boost is a solid balance between court feel and boost is life comfort.

But as I said I need that price drop to happen. Sub 100.00. :lol:

Adidas worker said a rep came and showed them the all star and bhm colorway and they were pretty dope.

Just because it looks like a basketball court, doesn't mean it's a basketball court.

Mennen-Arena-Ice-Skating-Rink-00121.jpg

Try a different court.
That's weird, every review I've read/watched have said the traction is incredible or great at the least, maybe do an exchange and try another pair out?

Seriously, I haven't heard one bad thing about traction.

One thing to dispute a claim, but to claim dudes don’t know what a basketball court is? LMAO. Not everyone will love the shoe you love bruh, it ain’t personal :lol:

these really need to be toned down abit with the colorway. there are so many visual elements going on, its a mess. logos, text, stars, marbled sole, strap, sideways logos, yikes

Back
Top Bottom