THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But the Rockets also got away with a ton of fouls.. curry was dam near getting man handled almost every play off the ball

i feel like some of those are flops though, on one end dude is falling like on the slightest breeze but on the other end dude could run through a wall and finish his layup standing flexing his biceps :lol:

i feel like some of those are flops though, on one end dude is falling like on the slightest breeze but on the other end dude could run through a wall and finish his layup standing flexing his biceps :lol:
It went both ways.. harden probably the biggest flopper in the game

oh for sure and they added the king of flops in CP3 (who gets away with the most sh*t from the refs) but i just find Curry falling down on consecutive possession on defense laughable

oh for sure and they added the king of flops in CP3 (who gets away with the most sh*t from the refs) but i just find Curry falling down on consecutive possession on defense laughable
Curry is frail as hell lol his defense is equal to harden's

Curry is frail as hell lol his defense is equal to harden's

That ends the discussion right there really. When people still harp about how awful harden’s defense is based on a YouTube video from 3 or 4 years ago...I know they clearly aren’t watching the games and are just basing their opinions off the media.

Harden isn’t a top 5 defender in the league, but he’s been putting in actual effort in recent years and has drastically improved. How many big steals and blocks did he have in the GS series alone? Meanwhile Steph was getting absolutely torched and roasted possession after possession when the rockets kept forcing switches and isolations on him.

terrible, only boost on the heel and forefoot is pretty much like the first 3 Kyries, cushions almost non-existent iirc

That ends the discussion right there really. When people still harp about how awful harden’s defense is based on a YouTube video from 3 or 4 years ago...I know they clearly aren’t watching the games and are just basing their opinions off the media.

Harden isn’t a top 5 defender in the league, but he’s been putting in actual effort in recent years and has drastically improved. How many big steals and blocks did he have in the GS series alone? Meanwhile Steph was getting absolutely torched and roasted possession after possession when the rockets kept forcing switches and isolations on him.
Yep, Harden is passable on defense now. Defense is basically 90% effort and he gives a damn on that end of the floor now. He's been guarding positions 1-5, no joke. In the T'Wolves series, he was guarding KAT on a lot of switches and holding his own.

CDF1911A-5D4E-4FF6-B311-F945EF60BD99.jpeg
Can't wait for the review! Such a shame adidas took these down.

factor in the two 3's harden got hacked on and the refs somehow didn't blow the whistle. then factor in the 3 he made that should have been an and 1 that the refs inexplicably called on the floor and wiped out completely. it's not 27 straight anymore and the narrative somewhat changes. also, those 10 points missing become pretty critical in a game they only lost by 9.
That's my point. You know that you're not getting calls but you're repeating the same formula hoping for a different result. Once you start seeing that your threes aren't falling and that the refs are swallowing their whistles, then it's on the coach to make the proper adjustment. Subbing in Ryan Anderson and relying on him to switch onto Curry was dumb and a horrible adjustment which basically cost the Rockets the game because that was an instant momentum changer for the Dubs.

i thought they were already down when Anderson came in (game 6 iirc) and D'Antoni was just looking for more shooters while on the other end he was just on skates once Curry switches on him

some blame are definitely on D'Antoni though, his strategy was go drive and get fouled or chuck up some 3s and it seems like he has no third option

i do remember Harden being successful on some of those juke step back mid range shots, i am not sure why he didn't do it more often

i thought they were already down when Anderson came in (game 6 iirc) and D'Antoni was just looking for more shooters while on the other end he was just on skates once Curry switches on him

some blame are definitely on D'Antoni though, his strategy was go drive and get fouled or chuck up some 3s and it seems like he has no third option

i do remember Harden being successful on some of those juke step back mid range shots, i am not sure why he didn't do it more often
I honestly think that the difference maker between Game 7 was on the coaches and the adjustments being made. Yes there were horrible calls but If Stevens, Pop, Walton, Snyder or even Spo was working with the same personnel, the Rockets would have been the 2018 Champs, CP3 or not.

sure looked like it because they were playing so well on the first of the last two conf final games but that 3rd quarter warriors surge was just too much and instead of changing things up, they just kept trying to shoot 3s hoping they would fall eventually

These came through yesterday, picked them up from that Adidas sale last week...
8C8E83FA-EE90-4B02-8F12-9B0E8CFB1E86.jpeg

Description said red, but these are 100% pink. Not sure if I like this colorway, although for $70 can’t beat that price

I was going to order those but I got the "Orange" pair and the "Grey" pair....but they haven't shipped the grey pair yet which means I'm not getting them. This is the second time this year I've ordered a pair of shoes on sale at adc and they're going to tell me the shoes aren't in stock.

I was going to order the pair you got but I looked at the vid of the shoes on their site and realized they weren't actually "Red". The reminded me of these
Nike-KD-9-Elite-Wanda.png

I'll still probably grab them in the future.

I was going to order those but I got the "Orange" pair and the "Grey" pair....but they haven't shipped the grey pair yet which means I'm not getting them. This is the second time this year I've ordered a pair of shoes on sale at adc and they're going to tell me the shoes aren't in stock.

I was going to order the pair you got but I looked at the vid of the shoes on their site and realized they weren't actually "Red". The reminded me of these
Nike-KD-9-Elite-Wanda.png

I'll still probably grab them in the future.

You'll get them.. I got my concretes in yesterday... anyone have trouble sliding their feet in ? When my foot is on it fits perfect but getting it on is a b*tc*. Btw the greys look waaaaay better in person ... the boost feels exactly like wave runners to me

Any break in required? Feel like I'm going to need a full size up, fit is similar to the Air Huaraches.

Could remove insoles to help it, but feels almost too snug.

Concrete CW definitely looks better in person than from online photos.

You'll get them.. I got my concretes in yesterday... anyone have trouble sliding their feet in ? When my foot is on it fits perfect but getting it on is a b*tc*. Btw the greys look waaaaay better in person ... the boost feels exactly like wave runners to me

Right after I made that post I checked my email and got shipping confirmation! I had lost hope in Adidas :blush:

The shoe i saw tough to get on, it's a shoe to really play basketball in. I ordered the concrete colorway also.

Any break in required? Feel like I'm going to need a full size up, fit is similar to the Air Huaraches.

Could remove insoles to help it, but feels almost too snug.

I tried on my "Harden" size and my regular size and I went with the size I wear in Harden's. The shoes are snug, really great for basketball. For casual wear I'd go a half size up.

My foot had to get used to that band at the forefoot. I was scared that I might've gotten the wrong size but they started feeling better.

Does anybody have a definitive list on which colorways have good traction? It's hard to tell which have white and which have grey outsoles in some of the pictures. Saw the sale on adidas.com and don't want to miss out on it.

I have the Concretes and haven’t had any issues with traction.

I jogged in the harden concretes for about 4 miles.. they were awesome! Way better than any boost or flyknit... It turns out it might be my daily runner / work out shoes now

What’s the deal w different colorway traction ?
Not sure which CWs you're referring to but for Vol. 1, the translucent outsoles had better grip than the solid-colored rubber. Must be the rubber compound they use.

Not sure on Vol. 2 as I don't own any.

Back
Top Bottom