THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Uhm, he did work for adidas.

Thanks for the co-sign Brian.

The fact remains that he said something wouldn’t happen that had already happened prior to his inaccurate statement and now he’s mad about it.

Just thought it was funny so I brought it back up.

Thanks for the FastPass link..."The Harden Vol. 3 does not look good in appearance"...lol man I can't get past the look of this shoe, just so basic. Vol 2 owners who have this shoe, how would you compare the two?

Thanks for the FastPass link..."The Harden Vol. 3 does not look good in appearance"...lol man I can't get past the look of this shoe, just so basic. Vol 2 owners who have this shoe, how would you compare the two?

They’re an evolution of the 1’s, hard to compare directly to the two’s because everything is different.

Very similar thickness in the forefoot and about 90% of the heel thickness. I wonder how the densities and rebound rates compare since thickness is only part of the equation...

Yea after trying them on ( and still breaking my Vol 2 in some more), I wonder the same. I love how thick the Boost is in the Vol 2 and I couldn’t imagine going back to a lower-to-the ground cushion. They felt like the Vol 1 to me as far as thickness with slightly more bounce in the forefoot, but it would depend if they have their quality control right if the Boost stays that way over time.

Only problem i have with the vol 3 is slight heel slip and the traction on the heel where the harden logo is doesnt grip the floor enough.

Very similar thickness in the forefoot and about 90% of the heel thickness. I wonder how the densities and rebound rates compare since thickness is only part of the equation...

They do feel packed tighter, especially in the forefoot. The Boost feels springier, if that makes sense, almost Zoom-like, instead of soft and pillowy.

They do feel packed tighter, especially in the forefoot. The Boost feels springier, if that makes sense, almost Zoom-like, instead of soft and pillowy.

Springier like zoom is goodness. It’s really interesting to see how adidas has tweaked the thickness, density and caging of the boost midsoles in their basketball line over the last 3-4 years. It seems like this may be one of the best setups yet for balancing court feel, impact protection, and springiness/bounce back.

For people who have had the 3 for a bit now and that had the 2 before, how's sizing been? I completely fumbled sizing on the 1 so can't compare to it, but the 2 an 11 was pretty much the perfect fit(maybe a little tight w big socks). Is it similar to the 3? I hate having dead space or the feeling of a big shoe.

Also, that light red colorway isn't half bad. Prob my favorite to date not like that says much tho.

I would get the same as the 2, but just know it isn’t near as tight or constricting. Feels more like a normal constructed shoe - none of the super-tight one piece uppers.

Couldn’t stand how far the boost pertruted out on the 2’s. It was like a ledge. Just kinda strange.

Gone on the 3
Do you think these were originally meant to be the 2’s? Maybe something with the strap or sourcing materials or tweaking something about them delayed it? The 2’s were so random - thrown together it seems. Cage like the older dame’s, huge heel piece, etc.

Random question, but does anyone have experience with customizing their Harden Vol 2? I have the all white pair and all I really want to do is color the pegboard with the laces black so that they have a two-tone type of effect...?

Do you think these were originally meant to be the 2’s? Maybe something with the strap or sourcing materials or tweaking something about them delayed it? The 2’s were so random - thrown together it seems. Cage like the older dame’s, huge heel piece, etc.

And the fact the 1 released in November, I think, while the 2 was February 2018. Now the 3 is back to October/November. Meanwhile, the Dame line went from January to October 2017 to now January 2019.

You guys could be onto something, or maybe after a season of wearing the 2’s Harden gave some feedback in the design of the 3’s that he wanted a shoe similar to the first model. I think I read an article online about Kobe wanting a lightweight shoe like the 6’s when they were designing the 8’s...who knows?

Off subject, scored a pair of Vol 2 LS today for $42...must admit that it’s a very comfortable and premium feeling shoe. Not sure how or when I’ll rock em but nice to have nonetheless

Tried them on over the weekend and was almost sold. Then I played in my HV1 Cactus Kids and now really wanting a pair of the HV3s.

They feel pretty light on foot, more so than the HV1s. I would say go half size down on these or TTS if you have a wide foot.

Gonna cop the Drew League and Cosmos today and keep one and send the other back to adidas.

You guys could be onto something, or maybe after a season of wearing the 2’s Harden gave some feedback in the design of the 3’s that he wanted a shoe similar to the first model. I think I read an article online about Kobe wanting a lightweight shoe like the 6’s when they were designing the 8’s...who knows?

Off subject, scored a pair of Vol 2 LS today for $42...must admit that it’s a very comfortable and premium feeling shoe. Not sure how or when I’ll rock em but nice to have nonetheless
Where at ?

Back
Top Bottom