THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
these really need to be toned down abit with the colorway. there are so many visual elements going on, its a mess. logos, text, stars, marbled sole, strap, sideways logos, yikes

Harden DNA. They’ll likely suck around May though.

Got my Vol 2 in today (all white). When I first tried them on I thought “wow there is a lot of Boost and this will be a fun shoe”. The more I wore them around the house and they formed to my foot, the thickness felt less and Boost felt firm as everyone said. I have to exchange them for a half size lower, but I wanted to ask everyone if they eventually break in regarding the Boost?

Does it take playing in them for them to feel softer? I liked how the Vol 1 felt in store better in the forefoot Boost because it gave some soft feedback. These feel thick but firm.

Got my Vol 2 in today (all white). When I first tried them on I thought “wow there is a lot of Boost and this will be a fun shoe”. The more I wore them around the house and they formed to my foot, the thickness felt less and Boost felt firm as everyone said. I have to exchange them for a half size lower, but I wanted to ask everyone if they eventually break in regarding the Boost?

Does it take playing in them for them to feel softer? I liked how the Vol 1 felt in store better in the forefoot Boost because it gave some soft feedback. These feel thick but firm.

My pairs of the Vol 2s definitely took a little break in. They should be pretty good after 2ish hrs of playing ball or a couple gym days (maybe one day if it’s a leg day).

My pairs of the Vol 2s definitely took a little break in. They should be pretty good after 2ish hrs of playing ball or a couple gym days (maybe one day if it’s a leg day).

Awesome, I was considering taking them back but will trust your word. So they were firm to you as well and then they started to feel softer and kind of spongy, particularly in the forefoot?

They definitely soften up but stay bouncy. They don’t get as soft in the forefoot as the CE16s, but I like it a little firmer than the CE16s.

They definitely soften up but stay bouncy. They don’t get as soft in the forefoot as the CE16s, but I like it a little firmer than the CE16s.

Makes sense, never tried the CLB16 as my only Boost ball experience is the Rose 6. That forefoot boost was great, bouncy and soft, but only lasted like 2 months.

Just because it looks like a basketball court, doesn't mean it's a basketball court.

Mennen-Arena-Ice-Skating-Rink-00121.jpg

Try a different court.

Seriously, I haven't heard one bad thing about traction.

haha so this is where I'm going wrong then...

I know reviews have all be perfect, and the Vol 1 and 2 were perfect for me out of the box. I'm playing an away game Friday so will see how they go on a different court...

haha so this is where I'm going wrong then...

I know reviews have all be perfect, and the Vol 1 and 2 were perfect for me out of the box. I'm playing an away game Friday so will see how they go on a different court...

Clean the soles off and let us know how they perform!

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.00.23 PM.png

WELP. What were you saying again kg21 kg21 ?

:lol:
You were arguing they should get rid of the badge of sport logo completely and replace it with the trefoil. I argued that they'd never put only the trefoil logo on a performance product; that a performance product would always have the BOS logo. I never said anything about combined logos since when I made my comment, combined logos had already been done.

The Crazy BYW X has been out since February and both logos are clearly there. You bringing this up now is just reaching.

Finally saw these in person and def gotta agree with the others that said these look way better in person. Didn't have time to try them on but excited to see how they feel.

You were arguing they should get rid of the badge of sport logo completely and replace it with the trefoil. I argued that they'd never put only the trefoil logo on a performance product; that a performance product would always have the BOS logo. I never said anything about combined logos since when I made my comment, combined logos had already been done.

The Crazy BYW X has been out since February and both logos are clearly there. You bringing this up now is just reaching.

Fair.

You did insist that they'd never do it though and they definitely did.

But you're still wrong and I'm just being petty.

I'll let it go now, I just thought it was funny.

Played in my Vol 2 after getting half size down...LOVE THEM. I didn’t realize how much I needed Boost now for my body, I’m getting older (32) and I really thought cushioning didn’t make that much of a difference since I’m not a pro lol. I’m so glad I got these for $56, trying to hunt a second pair down to keep on ice.

Still breaking the upper in some more because they’re a little tight, but I made sure to not tie them too tight. I also plan on coloring them somehow since the only available colorway was white.

Played in my Vol 2 after getting half size down...LOVE THEM. I didn’t realize how much I needed Boost now for my body, I’m getting older (32) and I really thought cushioning didn’t make that much of a difference since I’m not a pro lol. I’m so glad I got these for $56, trying to hunt a second pair down to keep on ice.

Still breaking the upper in some more because they’re a little tight, but I made sure to not tie them too tight. I also plan on coloring them somehow since the only available colorway was white.

Glad you like them. They should get better and better as you break them over the coming week or two. The 2s are my current go to in my rotation. The upper loosens up a little with time. I find they hug my foot really well and I don't have to tie them very tight to get great support and lockdown.

Glad you like them. They should get better and better as you break them over the coming week or two. The 2s are my current go to in my rotation. The upper loosens up a little with time. I find they hug my foot really well and I don't have to tie them very tight to get great support and lockdown.

Thanks, really happy I got them and they're my fav in my rotation!. I sitll love the Rare Metals, and while they're lighter, I feel quicker ironically in the Vol 2 so far (and more supported). I still have to get past the mental fear of the Boost hardening up in the forefoot like the Rose 6 did, almost makes me not want to enjoy the cushioning so that I'm not disappointed once they bottom out lol. I also tried the Harden Vol 3 on while getting my exchange and they definitely felt lower to the ground (almost felt like I was putting on my Rare Metals again). I think I would like them because of the Boost, but I really like how thick the Boost is in the Vol 2. While it is firm, I do still really like it and feel great the morning after.

I also like how hard the rubber is. I play on a carpet court (which chews through herringbone and softer tractions like nothing) and these look like just fine (even though it was my first time playing in them for about 1.5 hours). I'll hunt for another pair so that I can wear those on an indoor court and beat these up on the carpet floor.

Last edited:
Fair.

You did insist that they'd never do it though and they definitely did.

But you're still wrong and I'm just being petty.

I'll let it go now, I just thought it was funny.
1. Dec. 2017 - The Crazy BYW X gets a detailed preview from Nick DePaula and releases during ASW (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21841516/adidas-honors-kobe-bryant-reimagining-future)
2. Jul. 2018 - You argued adidas should get rid of the badge of sport on bball gear and replace it with the trefoil.
3. Jul. 2018 - I argued that they'd never put only the trefoil on a performance product knowing full well (I worked for adidas, I would ****ing know) they had already put a trefoil AND a badge of sport on the Crazy BYW X.
4. Oct. 2018 - You thought you were smart and posted a picture of a recent Crazy BYW X colorway with both logos. The shoe debuted nearly a near ago and you finally discovered it had both logos.
5. Nov. 2018 - Take your L and move on. I worked for adidas for 2 years, I know how highly regarded and important those logos are inside their walls. I'm not speaking from opinion, I'm speaking from facts.

I'm done with you.

I worked for adidas for 2 years, I know how highly regarded and important those logos are inside their walls.

Why do people on here lie?

What purpose does that serve?

:lol:

You said they would never and then they did or it turned out that they already had.

Whatever the case, you were wrong.

Stay mad.

Back
Top Bottom