THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 9 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bought Pioneers today. Couldn't resist. Tried on half size down as usual TTS and they felt so good. Same as Lillard 2's. Couldn't leave the store without them. Materials are great to me. Trying on court tronorrow (for volleyball) and I can't wait.

Just curious. I'm not a volleyball player at all but wouldn't something with better impact protection be more suitable for you? I'm not saying this doesn't have any impact protection but this boost cushion is actually pretty thin. I would have figured you would go more for something like a KD 9 or something.

P.S. That white leather toe cap would be very banged up.

Last edited:
These are now #1 in my rotation. All around excellent performer for me and fit is fantastic. I like them so much that my CEs are on the bay right now and my Kobe XI elites and EMs are collecting a little dust. I'll get at least one more cw for casual wear and maybe a workout pair.

I guess different shoes feel better for different feet but idk how the hell anybody could say these bricks feel better to play in then the Kobe 11's.

I guess different shoes feel better for different feet but idk how the hell anybody could say these bricks feel better to play in then the Kobe 11's.
bricks? Nah maybe the forefoot is making you think that. Didn't feel heavy at all for me.

bricks? Nah maybe the forefoot is making you think that. Didn't feel heavy at all for me.

The shoe doesn't flex at all, I feel zero cushion or responsiveness when I'm playing in them and they feel heavy as hell compared to my Kobe 11's I'm used to wearing

The shoe doesn't flex at all, I feel zero cushion or responsiveness when I'm playing in them and they feel heavy as hell compared to my Kobe 11's I'm used to wearing

Different ballgame. Kobe 11 is pretty minimal and about as low profile as you can get. Drop in insole for that matter. I personally don't want all of that flex. Boost here felt great to me. No issues after a 3 hour session, broke in great. Now that I think of it, the fit is amazing. Make sure to try them on.

Threw them on again and already foot forming, no more stiffness or popping noises. Loving them. Can't wait to make a miadidas pair, this white tumbled leather is nice quality but it's aggressive visually.

Traction: played on a dusty court and I had to wipe the bottoms. I'll be getting a basketball run in them Monday on a very clean court and I have no worries they'll perform at a high level, but will update.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna return them and grab another pair of Kobe 11's. At least I know I love those to play in.
For sure, you do what's good for you. The lunarlon does nothing for me, I enjoy trying some new tech. Zoom heel, only on elites, I'd be down for the full zoom option only on id but pricepoint makes that tough.

Last edited:
Pretty conflicted on these. Purchased a pair of IBAStars but waiting to hear more feedback. I'm in the Love-Kobes-But-Thinking-Of-trying-Adidas-camp. So far very mixed reviews unlike initial reviews of Kobe 5 & 8 which I personally place in GOAT tier. Gonna give it 2 more weeks then make decision.

Last edited:
Can anyone here who have both the Star and the Pioneers tell me the difference in traction? I only have the pioneers and curious about how it compares to the translucent outsole of the Star.

Last edited:
Just curious. I'm not a volleyball player at all but wouldn't something with better impact protection be more suitable for you? I'm not saying this doesn't have any impact protection but this boost cushion is actually pretty thin. I would have figured you would go more for something like a KD 9 or something.

P.S. That white leather toe cap would be very banged up.
What do you mean about the white toe cap? Basketball way more opportunity to bang them up and dirty then.
Thin boost didn't feel too thin. Full length helps with the smooth transition. More impact protection that lunarlon by far IMO.

Yo let me preface this by stating I'm by no means a hooper any longer but I put a couple shots up in these this morning and mannnnn. The traction was super grippy and the shoes felt snug and secure. I took them off before we actually started running though cause I wasn't sure if I was ready to commit to them being my hoop shoes lol

Last edited:
What's a typical timeline for a shoe to be released and then added to miadidas?

Think around the all star game these will be added?

Anyone else feel like the heel was a bit tight? The whole shoe in general has a great snug fit, but I felt like my heel was getting a little pinched. Not sure that I'll put these to the court anytime soon either

Impatiently waiting for the Homes (which imo is the best colorway) to drop. These have zoomed to the top of my rotation. I play the guard position and love the comfort I get with these.

My last adidas hoops shoes were the drose 773 3s. I remember there being some dead space in the toe box but I didn't mind it. Going down half a size in those would have been a bit too snug for me.

Anyone here who've hooped in the 773 3's? If so would the sizing be comparable?

I have Kobe 11 elites in size 10.5 but I can't ball in them due to their toebox being too narrow, but if I half size up in those they would be too long.

I ordered tts in the IBAS color way from footlocker today. Will I be okay as far as sizing? I also ordered the d lillard 2.0 off of adc today for 30% off. I'm really trying to break away from Nike basketball shoes lately as I don't find their shoes to be very comfortable, stylistically pleasing, and they are overpriced for the sig models.

Last edited:
Impatiently waiting for the Homes (which imo is the best colorway) to drop. These have zoomed to the top of my rotation. I play the guard position and love the comfort I get with these.

You won't have to wait long.

What's a typical timeline for a shoe to be released and then added to miadidas?

Think around the all star game these will be added?

I'm not so sure these will hit mi adidas.

^ It could. Not saying I'm sure that it will, but there's a "mi compatible" written on the box.

Back
Top Bottom