THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 9 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Honest review from nelson even though he was in the commercial. I like his reviews.

Last edited:
The forefoot may be too low to the ground for my taste. To be honest I couldn't feel the Boost. on the heel too. Gonna see how the swap goes and decide if I want to keep the Pioneer.

Gotta break them in some more and see if I'm 100% sure it's going back.
Nice I love hearing your feedback and comparing it to mine. How long have your worn so far? And by worn, i will categorize "breaking in" to getting a good sweat in them. That helps more than anything IMO.

I slightly felt the lace issue you mention in store, but once I threw on for court performance, gone. I totally agree on the traction grooves and wiping. Super easy.

The cushion I disagree with you. I can feel the boost standing still and pressing my foot into the ground. I can feel the rebound after just that impact. I'm 6'4" 200lbs and have been satisfied, being someone who usually demands better than average cushion.

The fit, especially forefoot, is amazing. Made me forget about the Lillard 2 after these, which gave me a black and blue toe.

saw these in person for the first time today.

these are better than any nike bball shoe currently out.

i slept so hard on these.

will be copping

Would be appropriate lace swap if the upper didn't have gold already.

The lace going through the first eyelet on the medial side of the right shoe is digging into my foot. Hope swapping flat laces does the trick. But this upper on the Pioneer is stiff I don't know if I want to attempt the swap.

The forefoot may be too low to the ground for my taste. To be honest I couldn't feel the Boost. on the heel too. Gonna see how the swap goes and decide if I want to keep the Pioneer. Rose 7, CE, and CLB16 even Lillard 2 are better in the cushioning department in my opinion. Not to mention Lillard 3 coming out soon.

I like the heel lock down and the traction pattern, it allows you to perform a spin move fluidly. Doesn't have super hard stopping power, it gets by with little to no dust. Easy to wipe and not pick out the dust from the grooves.

Gotta break them in some more and see if I'm 100% sure it's going back.

No lace pressure for me. I find the fit and lockdown to be great. Traction is good to very good and seems consistent. Only occasional wiping required. Cushioning is still a mixed bag for me. I find the shoes very responsive but the Boost doesn't give me quite the impact protection I want - my knees and feet ache more than I'd like so far. I will keep breaking them in to see if it gets better. If it gets better, then I will likely get the Homes when they release next month. If they don't get better, then my pair is going back to adidas and I will move onto the next shoe. I really like the aesthetics and most of the performance, so I'm hoping the cushioning improves.

No lace pressure for me. I find the fit and lockdown to be great. Traction is good to very good and seems consistent. Only occasional wiping required. Cushioning is still a mixed bag for me. I find the shoes very responsive but the Boost doesn't give me quite the impact protection I want - my knees and feet ache more than I'd like so far. I will keep breaking them in to see if it gets better. If it gets better, then I will likely get the Homes when they release next month. If they don't get better, then my pair is going back to adidas and I will move onto the next shoe. I really like the aesthetics and most of the performance, so I'm hoping the cushioning improves.
:nerd: what type of return policy does adidas have?

Which colorway?

i was at footlocker and i saw the first color.

was very impressed.

just a great sneaker.

probably top 5 of 2016 srs.

just made really well....

i think i am going to buy the guilla monsters.

Last edited:
:nerd: what type of return policy does adidas have?

Per ADC website: "If you are not completely satisfied with your adidas.com purchase, for any reason, we will offer you a full refund within 30 days of purchase."

:pimp: never knew this... I've been buying bball shoes and selling them on eBay if I didn't like them after breaking them I'm. This makes it real convenient

Last edited:
@thapointguy did you go down 1/2 size? That might explain the pinching. Is one of your feet bigger than the other? (almost everyone has one bigger foot)

Per ADC website: "If you are not completely satisfied with your adidas.com purchase, for any reason, we will offer you a full refund within 30 days of purchase."
wait..so you can ball in these to actually try them out for what they'll be used for and still return them if they don't perform to your liking? that's pretty damn sweet. I should really use my Hardens now then lol. I've been letting them sit in the box while trying to decide if I want to try them out or not. Been balling in the DRose 7.

read an earlier post suggesting getting ~55" flat laces to replace the laces that came with the shoe. can anyone confirm the 55" number? that seems kinda long...

wait..so you can ball in these to actually try them out for what they'll be used for and still return them if they don't perform to your liking? that's pretty damn sweet. I should really use my Hardens now then lol. I've been letting them sit in the box while trying to decide if I want to try them out or not. Been balling in the DRose 7.

read an earlier post suggesting getting ~55" flat laces to replace the laces that came with the shoe. can anyone confirm the 55" number? that seems kinda long...
I posted it. The laces are actually 58 inches. The closest common laces length I found you can buy is 55 inches which is why I wrote that.

after 8 games. i gave up on these shoes..

the leather pinch my toes, 

No grip. 

very comfy tho.

crazylight boost 2016, crazy explosive, and then to this.. there grip is just mediocre.

prefer lillard 2s and kyries over these.... also the drose 7

Last edited:
I think I'm going to **try** to switch out the laces on my pair and put in a pair of red Kobe 8 ID laces I have. Flat but not too thick, hopefully they still look good cause it sounds like I'm in for a painful process switching them out lol.

I think I'm going to **try** to switch out the laces on my pair and put in a pair of red Kobe 8 ID laces I have. Flat but not too thick, hopefully they still look good cause it sounds like I'm in for a painful process switching them out lol.
Only one shoe untied for me (twice) but after working the angle of the lacing system a bit, they were fine. 

Nice I love hearing your feedback and comparing it to mine. How long have your worn so far? And by worn, i will categorize "breaking in" to getting a good sweat in them. That helps more than anything IMO.

I slightly felt the lace issue you mention in store, but once I threw on for court performance, gone. I totally agree on the traction grooves and wiping. Super easy.

The cushion I disagree with you. I can feel the boost standing still and pressing my foot into the ground. I can feel the rebound after just that impact. I'm 6'4" 200lbs and have been satisfied, being someone who usually demands better than average cushion.

The fit, especially forefoot, is amazing. Made me forget about the Lillard 2 after these, which gave me a black and blue toe.

2 hours one time and 3 hours another. Might not be enough but if a shoe requires extensive break in I'm not with it. Weirdly when not running or playing in them Boost can be felt. It's like the more I play in them the Boost felt stiff like it's not there. Maybe I got a defective pair? Couple ppl had that experience with other basketball shoes with Boost which I didn't so this is new to me. Add in the pinching near the first lace area on the medial side that's enough for me to abandon ship. I took the laces out completely and there was no pinching though.

Good that it's working out for you. I'll just wait for next year. Plenty of shoes to keep me occupied until then.

@thapointguy
did you go down 1/2 size? That might explain the pinching. Is one of your feet bigger than the other? (almost everyone has one bigger foot)

I went TTS. Yeah my right foot is bigger. The pinching is only on that foot. Guess this shoe is not for me. No biggie this just the first sig and other good options in ADI basketball line and other brands.

The lateral side is a pain in the *** but the medial side is easy

Last edited:
I double knot these and, while they stay tied a little longer, they still come undone. Hate these dumb laces, but love the shoe. I never really paid any attention to adidas bball shoes before, but everyone asks me how I like these when they see me in them. Didn't think most people would know what they are, but I think adidas did a good job marketing them...they even had a snapchat filter for them the day the pioneers released.

The filter you saw on RD was done by Foot Locker, however adidas did a filter the day before (12/2) and Monday after (12/5).

Last edited:
buc em buc em
Maybe give them break in time ? Def not light though

after 8 games. i gave up on these shoes..

the leather pinch my toes, 
No grip. 

very comfy tho.

crazylight boost 2016, crazy explosive, and then to this.. there grip is just mediocre.

prefer lillard 2s and kyries over these.... also the drose 7

I'm with you...I think the Pioneers suck for basketball. Maybe the black and gold color is a better performer cause of the different material. The pinching on the toes/side of my foot and crappy traction on these make me not wanna play in them. I'm returning them and just sticking with a new pair of Kobe 11's. I keep trying all these different companies shoes and none of them ever can beat any of my Kobe's. I end up going right back to them every time.

Last edited:
Relaced these today before I played in them for the first time earlier tonight. They're going back to Adidas lol. 

will they be ok if I send them laced with the flat laces and the stock laces in the box with the shoes? i don't feel like relacing them with the stock laces they came with...**** was a pain haha.

Back
Top Bottom