THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 9 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally "Imma be a Star" was my favorite colorway but I fell in love with the Dark Ops.... Can't wait for Friday

Xeno Dark Ops is great looking. Considered returning my Pioneers but going to ball in them tonight on court.

Now that I've have determined that I won't be able to pull these off causally(don't wear a lot of joggers). They will def be on court next week

That's my unfortunate truth as well. If a shoe I bought lacks personal casual appeal or clashes with my current wardrobe they instantly become gym, sweats and shorts only shoes.

Was able to get an extra pair of 11.5 pioneers from ADC with the student discount. If anyone is looking, I can oop for what I paid, so around $110 shipped. Let me know!

Any ADC codes active now? I know the ADIDAS 30% off code ran out, but the Pioneers are restocked. 

Edit: SAVEMORE is $25 off of $100

Last edited:
Good looks bro - got my 1/2 size down 11.5 with that code for 121 w/ tax - best deal I'll get at the moment since my size wasn't available with the 30% F&F sale.

Going to send the DSG pair I bought back when they come in with these.

Good looks bro - got my 1/2 size down 11.5 with that code for 121 w/ tax - best deal I'll get at the moment since my size wasn't available with the 30% F&F sale.

Going to send the DSG pair I bought back when they come in with these.
No doubt. Good purchase. I was in the same boat as you - the 11.5's went quick during the 30% off sale. I didn't want to wait so I grabbed @ Champs locally  as I wanted to try them on anyway. I can deal with the $20 difference at this point. 

Are these better than kobe 11s with full zoom?

also is the home cw same material as the pioneer one?

Last edited:
Around 55" flat laces. Pretty much any flat laces on a basketball shoe. I've put my Curry 2 laces and Kobe 11 laces and it fits fine.

I double knot these and, while they stay tied a little longer, they still come undone. Hate these dumb laces, but love the shoe. I never really paid any attention to adidas bball shoes before, but everyone asks me how I like these when they see me in them. Didn't think most people would know what they are, but I think adidas did a good job marketing them...they even had a snapchat filter for them the day the pioneers released.

So the toecap is one area that I'm keeping my eye on with wear. Seeing a couple of slits in the toe by the midsole in the tumbled leather with wear/sweat. It's a thick cut of leather but will monitor and wondering how the suede will be in contrary.

Last edited:
So I was wondering why my left shoelace was so much shorter...not getting a decent knot even though it was pulled tight. Then I looked at my shoes together. Some jabroni at the factory had laced them completely wrong
mad.gif

If you look at these from the top...you see that each "eyelet" is actually two holes. Lace goes in the first hole, under, and out the second hole. Well this person decided to go in the SECOND hole, under, and out the first hole...essentially creating a stranglehold at every eyelet.

Relacing was a royal PITA, second only to the Lebron 13.

Last edited:
I just remembered I have some black and gold Kevlar laces from some old Kobe elites. Will try re-lacing my Imma Be A Stars later with them.

Like someone said earlier, even double knotting the stock laces, they still come undone.

Update:
View media item 2260898
Hope these work out. Unlacing and putting in the new laces was a brutal process.

Last edited:
I just remembered I have some black and gold Kevlar laces from some old Kobe elites. Will try re-lacing my Imma Be A Stars later with them.

Like someone said earlier, even double knotting the stock laces, they still come undone.

Update:

Hope these work out. Unlacing and putting in the new laces was a brutal process.
I personally think they look ugly with those laces

Would be appropriate lace swap if the upper didn't have gold already.

The lace going through the first eyelet on the medial side of the right shoe is digging into my foot. Hope swapping flat laces does the trick. But this upper on the Pioneer is stiff I don't know if I want to attempt the swap.

The forefoot may be too low to the ground for my taste. To be honest I couldn't feel the Boost. on the heel too. Gonna see how the swap goes and decide if I want to keep the Pioneer. Rose 7, CE, and CLB16 even Lillard 2 are better in the cushioning department in my opinion. Not to mention Lillard 3 coming out soon.

I like the heel lock down and the traction pattern, it allows you to perform a spin move fluidly. Doesn't have super hard stopping power, it gets by with little to no dust. Easy to wipe and not pick out the dust from the grooves.

Gotta break them in some more and see if I'm 100% sure it's going back.

Back
Top Bottom