The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought all footlockers were HOH now? Every single one in my area or near me are HOH and all carry every single OG1
Some regular footlockers have a Hoh section. But their not considered a Hoh if that makes sense

Oh

Well all mine have that section and every single one has OG 1s

I guess I'm lucky? Doesn't mean I'll hit since I never have :smh:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm starting to believe the hype on these. I probably have 2 or 3 of my usual stores getting these, compared 8 or 9+

Been seeing a lot of this fineline character all over YouTube and all those guys are backing his legitimacy. I'm not into getting pairs early nor from individuals outside of retail shops so I wanted to know what your guys' thoughts were about him because I can remember a time when Air Randy was exposed and this guy almost mirrors the same deal we saw nearly 5 years ago.

I just don't know how anyone can really shop with him with extreme confidence not knowing where he's getting his pairs from. At least from a retail spot I know where my shoes are coming from. I participate in the YouTube community but I will never shop with someone like that and it sickens me that these big YouTube guys are exploiting it. Especially for these 1s that haven't even dropped yet.

Seems to have come on the scene with his store recently. Not sure about his past. I think so far nobody has called him out. Given the pics we have seen there isnt much reason to do so at this time. $500 a pair for those YouTube views is understandable if that is how you eat. I wouldnt pay that much just for an early pair...unless you can get them months in advaance. Which usually means fu fu. Some of these YouTubers are now also putting their faith and credibility in even more gray area sellers like iamchickenwop and 2muchsol that claim to sell authentic retail pairs of SJs, TB3s etc. We'll see if that gamble pays off when the actual pairs release.

Who thought tumbled Black/Red's would come out before Banned 1's in 2011? Same with the Metallic 1's before 2011. I'm not saying it is happening, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did; and it wouldn't bother me. I like tumbled soft leather.

Ya but it would be a huge surprise and the chances are pretty low of that happening. The 2011 release were B grade shoes that hit the outlets. That was a huge surprise when it first happened. Nike probably wouldnt have re-released had they not taken on the hype that they did. So, if tumbled Royals came out now it would be a huge surprise. Lets just hope not is what I am saying. Just gives us buttery smooth leather that is also thick. Pause.

Last edited:
Not sure why people think Footlocker will have more inventory than Footaction when Footlocker has never been a regular carrier of NA 1's unless it was a HOH location. Less Footlockers will get these than Footactions.

Footlocker owns Footaction, Champs Eastbay and one more I can't remember. So it's really up to them whether or not which markets they wanna flood with this GR. Specifically one FTL by me who never gets OG 1s period already has stock.

Oh

Well all mine have that section and every single one has OG 1s

I guess I'm lucky? Doesn't mean I'll hit since I never have :smh:

And if they have that section they'll carry them. If a FTL wasn't a HOH or had a HOH section they didn't carry them in the past. Seems to be slightly different this time around but FA carrying OG 1's would always be pretty much certain. Every non-HOH affiliated FTL probably won't be as sure of a bet to carry them. Same as Champs and other stores that are said to get these that usually don't. It appears to be highly selective for the stores chosen to carry these outside of the usual suspects.

Last edited:
I wonder what's taking them so long.

Exactly. It's always something when any pair from the OG 1 trinity(bred/royal/shadow) drops. In 2022, or whenever the hell the next time is these drop. They need to do a gr. The **** is passed played now. Legendary shoe. We get it. But so are cement IVs, IIIs, VIs, and others that have been grs. You wanna limit an 80s Jordan shoe? Retro the real banned shoe the Air Ships and limit em. Hell fix the II's shape and leather and limit those. Just give it a rest with breds royals and shadows.

Last edited:
Yeah it will be hard.... IN America.

In Europe providing the production run is decent, no basketball shoes are hard to cop. Supreme Jordans were an easy cop, sat for a minute. Cement 4s were easy, sat for over half an hour. the only people over here really into basketball can't afford the price of the shoes.

only ones I tried for but didn't cop were actually the Breds last time, but I heard the production numbers were low and ontop of that Europe/UK got hardly any pairs.

Someone should setup a trading platform to trade US exclusive NMDs/UBs for European OG Bred 1s..

Yeah it will be hard.... IN America.

In Europe providing the production run is decent, no basketball shoes are hard to cop. Supreme Jordans were an easy cop, sat for a minute. Cement 4s were easy, sat for over half an hour. the only people over here really into basketball can't afford the price of the shoes.

only ones I tried for but didn't cop were actually the Breds last time, but I heard the production numbers were low and ontop of that Europe/UK got hardly any pairs.

Metallic blues weren't that hard. WC4 werent that hard here either. Europe was a little late to the Jordan hype but has definitely caught on. I remember EU resellers in 2013 selling BREDs for $300 when stateside they were $450. Now, you'll see them at $100 to $150 higher than US sellers. From some of the friends I have in UK I have heard lineups are now brutal whereas before you just needed to show up at opening. EU members always are complaining about striking out in here now. Didnt hear that 3-4 years ago.

Last edited:
....Ya but it would be a huge surprise and the chances are pretty low of that happening. The 2011 release were B grade shoes that hit the outlets. That was a huge surprise when it first happened. Nike probably wouldnt have re-released had they not taken on the hype that they did. So, if tumbled Royals came out now it would be a huge surprise. Lets just hope not is what I am saying. Just gives us buttery smooth leather that is also thick. Pause.

Always assumed the 'b' grade for the banned 1s was the bad date on the inside collar.

A few store just got some extra shipment, so take it for what it is worth

How much extra is a question?

I'm actually surprised nobody has gotteb a full supply estimate of these yet.. Unless I missed it, Nike/Jordan Brand has kept numbers under wraps pretty well for this release.

Man that locator better not take all weekend to go up, that's gonna screw up my Monday morning plans

I'm not trying to go Monday just for them to tell me come back tomorrow

A bunch of nyc mom and pops got their shipment in today most want $400. I offered $325 and got shut down.

Man that locator better not take all weekend to go up, that's gonna screw up my Monday morning plans

I'm not trying to go Monday just for them to tell me come back tomorrow

I hate that like oh we don't know we start Tuesday I'm not trying to drive around twice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom