The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that locator better not take all weekend to go up, that's gonna screw up my Monday morning plans

I'm not trying to go Monday just for them to tell me come back tomorrow

Yeah man I hope they were just bs'ing me with that tweet. I mean I don't really recall a last minute update to a locator like that. Y'all probably might y'all vets in here and ****. But still they messing with plenty folks. Especially the small city and small towners trying to cop.

Last edited:
I stop messing with my local footlocker when they called me for the toro 4's that morning they released like an hour before online release. asking hey do you want these nah I'm good

Thay back door must have fell through.

Last edited:
Feeling good about the dispersion of locales carrying these ... just a little (a wee bit) concerned Nike will give a small allocation to each place in order to get folks to bite on buying the XXXIs dropping (or some iteration of this). 

I have a feeling, based on nothing but how Nike/JB has been releasing Retros lately, that a lot of folks are going to eat off of SNKRS. Nike stock has taken a hit lately. Why would they not capitalize on an iconic shoe? Especially now. Adidas reclaimed the second spot in NA from UA because of the Stan Smiths. If Nike is smart, they will treat OG 1s more like Stan Smiths. I don't think they're there yet but they should be testing the waters in that direction.

And why do I say SNKRS? Because Nike/JB makes the most money off of direct sales. And SNKRS allows them to have greater control over how the product is distributed. Simple formula: build a little bit of hype and satisfy stores by giving them a decent amount but not enough to make it seem like a ton are available and then make like 100,000 pairs available via SNKRS. All just speculation on my part though.

I have a feeling, based on nothing but how Nike/JB has been releasing Retros lately, that a lot of folks are going to eat off of SNKRS. Nike stock has taken a hit lately. Why would they not capitalize on an iconic shoe? Especially now. Adidas reclaimed the second spot in NA from UA because of the Stan Smiths. If Nike is smart, they will treat OG 1s more like Stan Smiths. I don't think they're there yet but they should be testing the waters in that direction.

And why do I say SNKRS? Because Nike/JB makes the most money off of direct sales. And SNKRS allows them to have greater control over how the product is distributed. Simple formula: build a little bit of hype and satisfy stores by giving them a decent amount but not enough to make it seem like a ton are available and then make like 100,000 pairs available via SNKRS. All just speculation on my part though.

Exactly my thoughts. Nike limited days for OG colorways are over.

I have gotten stuff from him. So far so good
I just don't know how anyone can really shop with him with extreme confidence not knowing where he's getting his pairs from. At least from a retail spot I know where my shoes are coming from. I participate in the YouTube community but I will never shop with someone like that and it sickens me that these big YouTube guys are exploiting it. Especially for these 1s that haven't even dropped yet.
I agree, I would have all kinds of doubts as well. Maybe fineline gets his pairs backdoored because he has a legitimate connect at FTL, who knows but we sure as hell ain't ever gonna know. One thing I'm pretty darn sure of is that youtubers who cop from him are getting a helluva deal ($200-250) in exchange for them promoting fineline on their channels. But $500 for these is preposterous, but if he has enough customers who cop at that price and he is able to get rid of his inventory and make over 100% margin, you can't blame him. I blame the consumer.

Man that locator better not take all weekend to go up, that's gonna screw up my Monday morning plans

I'm not trying to go Monday just for them to tell me come back tomorrow

Yeah man I hope they were just bs'ing me with that tweet. I mean I don't really recall a last minute update to a locator like that. Y'all probably might y'all vets in here and ****. But still they messing with plenty folks. Especially the small city and small towners trying to cop.

ThI spots I'm traveling out to, most are over an hour away. The local spots are 10-40 minutes away

The couple other malls are am hour and a half away minimum away each

Come Monday if they try and bs I'm gonna raise hell

Kinda humorous seeing posts on ig say "shout out to the [emoji]128268[/emoji] fineline" after paying 500 for these. might as well say shout out to the plug flight club

ThI spots I'm traveling out to, most are over an hour away. The local spots are 10-40 minutes away

The couple other malls are am hour and a half away minimum away each

Come Monday if they try and bs I'm gonna raise hell

Exactly. I have drive around through a 4 hour window for a chance at these. I'd like to know exactly where I'm going rather super last minute guess work. If it's a mess for brick and mortar....I hope homie is right in his conjecture about Snkrs being the come up.

Cool, found out that I work during release day and have visitors and a meeting. Had a code ready and everything. [emoji]128546[/emoji]

I think the re-rise in popularity of Adidas has straight up killed any slow gains Jordans might have been experiencing here. Adidas has always been our thing over here. obviously, being a European brand. all the hype is on their shoes. any Jordan I've ever wanted, I've bought very easily and ones I don't want I have a look and they sit for days. since all sources say these will have a very good amount of pairs availiable, as with most Nike releases now, then I'm not anticipating too much hassle. really no basketball culture here and never will be. some basketball culture in places like Estonia etc, but £125 to an Estonisan is about £2000. these people aren't there on release day copping.
So ... you're saying instead of heading to Haarlem (NL) for the thanksgiving holiday (blacktoe drop) I should go to Estonia instead. lol 

So I called around to see who was getting them in my area and I'm disappointed.
One Mall:
Footlocker: They don't know
Finishline: Nope
Champs: They don't know
Jimmy Jazz: FCFS
City Gear: Never picked up the phone.
Second Mall:
Footlocker: Nope
Champs: Nope
Finishline: Yep Raffle Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.