The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's marketing-a lot/most people who camp and take the L aren't going to leave without buying anything. This will inevitably increase foot traffic and brings more attention to the brand.

This is starting to remind me of the 2009 Space Jam release but more difficult haha
This is not about foot traffic as Nike has already decided it is expanding its online presence (not really into building Niketowns/Nike stores these days) ... the only thing this is about is getting folks to buy XXX1s when they can't get pairs of 1s. the XXXs were a fizzle and the XXX1s are equally meh. Campouts overall mean nothing to Nike (just headache, additional security, etc). 

Makes me wonder if all of these small allocations to B&M locations means that more will be available on SNKRS or other footsites.  Wishful thinking on my part.
Nike (and most companies) keep the biggest allotment for themselves as it means they won't have to share the profit with a footstore. The B&M allotment is about XXX1s not rewarding the accounts with good sales numbers or anything else. 

These city gears just a big joke in houston smfh... One store said "We dont know yet"
Another store said "We raffling saturday"
First store fail to even say callback and check tomorrow so everyone be on your game

Screw city gear. All of em are rigged they are the reason I missed out on the 13 royals. Asked a guy 4 days prior and he said they didn't know if they were getting them. Said they not. Walk around the mall day aftr release and boom I see a woman rocking em. I went in and asked if they had any sizes' same guy I asked rocking them. My sz 13 was gone

Last edited:
I swear on Jesus Christ if my brother doesn't help me out I'll never come to that mofo aide ever again. Dead battery don't call me, short on rent, don't call me, flat tire, don't call me. Fool with the ***** right now :smh: :smh: [emoji]128580[/emoji][emoji]128580[/emoji].

I swear on Jesus Christ if my brother doesn't help me out I'll never come to that mofo aide ever again. Dead battery don't call me, short on rent, don't call me, flat tire, don't call me. Fool with the ***** right now
mean.gif
mean.gif
[emoji]128580[/emoji][emoji]128580[/emoji].
Its just shoes.

The spots I went to all said they got a good amount

That means nothing

What possed me off was I went to footlocker and three kids inline were filing out tickets and didn't know for what shoes, they asked "if we get called we get the shoes for free? Guy said no

"We get the shoes at a discount" no

What color are the shoes? Are they limited

Lol dude should have tore up there tickets and tossed them in the trash. 

This is not about foot traffic as Nike has already decided it is expanding its online presence (not really into building Niketowns/Nike stores these days) ... the only thing this is about is getting folks to buy XXX1s when they can't get pairs of 1s. the XXXs were a fizzle and the XXX1s are equally meh. Campouts overall mean nothing to Nike (just headache, additional security, etc). 

Than why don't they just raffle out the pairs instead of doing FCFS? Clearly they want the foot traffic as people will wait for pairs, take an L, and will inevitably still shop in the Nike store. If you take an L on a raffle, there's no way you're still going to the store unless you believe they MIGHT have unclaimed pairs.

Last edited:

Nike (and most companies) keep the biggest allotment for themselves as it means they won't have to share the profit with a footstore. The B&M allotment is about XXX1s not rewarding the accounts with good sales numbers or anything else. 
This guy gets it ^^

Still surprised by how many people rely on B&M. It's 2016, crazy.

Its just shoes.

Yeah plus you can buy OG Bred AJKOs or OG Bred lows for relatively cheap or, if you really want to, you can cheaply customize OG Laser 1s into OG Breds.

There are a bunch of options for people who want the CW but take an L on Sadderday and don't want to pay resale. With many other models (11s, 4s, etc.), you don't have options like this.

This guy gets it ^^

Still surprised by how many people rely on B&M. It's 2016, crazy.

Although there may me much more pairs available, competition online is a lot more fierce than local competition. If you do 20+ raffles you will likely land a pair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom