The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably because people mistake "sitting" for an abundance of pairs and not limited quantity with limited interest, and the other way around. other retros have are in abundance, simple mistake for people to make.

Yeah the pairs that are sitting are mostly garbage, retro+ cws like those hideous Mango 9s. I think Jordan Brand may purposely put out those bad cws so that they hit the outlets at lower prices (this way they don't have to lower MSRP across all models).

Yeah there was an interview and he said he doesnt care about the sneakers, its all about money and hes not even a sneakerhead to begin with.....he has connections on several retail stores and this retail stores shouldn't be allowed to have a backdoor transaction which is so unfair for us who lined up and spend time just to get tickets and hoping to at least cop 1 pair.
meh after doing this sneaker thing for years i dont see it as unfair anymore. its the nature of the beast. this is more than a hobby for people so theyre going to do more to get more. whether thats building connections with store owners or paying people to wait in line for them. fact is it may seem unfair to you but all your doing is lining up and getting a ticket. thats considerably less than what these guys do to get the quantities they get.

Last edited:
Yeah the pairs that are sitting are mostly garbage, retro+ cws like those hideous Mango 9s. I think Jordan Brand may purposely put out those bad cws so that they hit the outlets at lower prices (this way they don't have to lower MSRP across all models).
they may look like theyre sitting but every *******  is ee under the age of 20 with odell beckham jr frosted tips and cuffed joggers and all of their friends are rocking jordans still, specifically the ones we see sitting on shelves. JB has transitioned into an everymans shoe and im not mad at them for it. more in money in nikes pocket

Guys can still rock a pair of 15 year-old sneakers?
nerd.gif
the soles gone soft but otherwise still pretty good. no separation or anything
tired.gif

meh after doing this sneaker thing for years i dont see it as unfair anymore. its the nature of the beast. this more than a hobby for people so theyre going to do more to get more. whether thats building connections with store owners or paying people to wait in line for them. fact is it may seem unfair to you but all your doing is lining up and getting a ticket. thats considerably less than what these guys do to get the quantities they get.

Yeah plus if the sneaker is selling for a certain price, you have to blame the market/people that are paying that amount. Things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them, so if you don't like it, either nake more money and buy it or stop complaining.. I can't believe people STILL complain about resellers in this day and age, it's an inevitable part of the culture and it is not going away.

Guys can still rock a pair of 15 year-old sneakers?
nerd.gif
Yes 1s from 01 are still wearable, many 94 pairs are still wearable. The worst that will happen is some leather cracks and the air bag unit crumbles and they are more uncomfortable then they already were. 

2001 joints or these ? Still not used to the red on these.
01's if you're not wearing them. The 16 if they'll be on your feet. 

As long as I've been doing the sneaker thing Ill never be ok with it. I don't complain about it because it falls on deaf ears. Its like complaining about drug dealing on ya block but you coppin dimes everyday. Resellers resell because they can. Sobesoles hooked everybody up on mb's that went to discount anyway but hooked fish at 500 on these. Why? Because they could...

they may look like theyre sitting but every *******  is ee under the age of 20 with odell beckham jr frosted tips and cuffed joggers and all of their friends are rocking jordans still, specifically the ones we see sitting on shelves. JB has transitioned into an everymans shoe and im not mad at them for it. more in money in nikes pocket

I would feel ashamed to wear some of those retro cws, honestly. That said, I think Jordan Brand purposely makes bad, "poor man's retro" cws (along with Team Jordans) for these people though.

meh after doing this sneaker thing for years i dont see it as unfair anymore. its the nature of the beast. this more than a hobby for people so theyre going to do more to get more. whether thats building connections with store owners or paying people to wait in line for them. fact is it may seem unfair to you but all your doing is lining up and getting a ticket. thats considerably less than what these guys do to get the quantities they get.
I still dont think thats fair, because what this guy do is to hoard and lock all the shoes and let those people who really want the shoe to buy from him and pay above retail. Its normal for some to buy multiples and flip it but this guy bought a hundred or even a thousands pairs. Its not a hobby for him, its all about money.

Last edited:
I think Jordan Brand purposely makes bad, "poor man's retro" cws (along with Team Jordans) for these people though.
This is true, Nike/JB are a billion dollar business, their goal is to get a pair of their shoes on every pair of feet in every demographic they possibly can. 

Yeah there was an interview and he said he doesnt care about the sneakers, its all about money and hes not even a sneakerhead to begin with.....he has connections on several retail stores and this retail stores shouldn't be allowed to have a backdoor transaction which is so unfair for us who lined up and spend time just to get tickets and hoping to at least cop 1 pair.

I still dont think thats fair, because what this guy do is to hoard and lock all the shoes and let those people who really want the shoe to buy from him and pay above retail. Its normal for some to buy multiples and flip it but this guy bought a hundred or even a thousands pairs. Its not a hobby for him, its all about money.

Well Nike could EASILY stop this by making more pairs-blame them for this.

I would feel ashamed to wear some of those retro cws, honestly. That said, I think Jordan Brand purposely makes bad, "poor man's retro" cws (along with Team Jordans) for these people though.
fair, but not everyones a sneakerhead. i know im not anymore. a lot of these kids are just trying to get something on their feet that they wont be clowned for 
laugh.gif
 most of them werent even old enough to see MJ play

Yeah plus if the sneaker is selling for a certain price, you have to blame the market/people that are paying that amount. Things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them, so if you don't like it, either nake more money and buy it or stop complaining.. I can't believe people STILL complain about resellers in this day and age, it's an inevitable part of the culture and it is not going away.
Agree with this. That's why I will never understand paying 3-4 times the retail price of anything. Like I've said before, you can just use that money buy a pair of designer kicks that are much higher quality. A couple years ago, I was seriously considering buying Royals on resale but bought SLPs instead. One of the best shoe decisions I've made. My SLPs catch the eye of regular people who don't care about Retros and they look just like the day I bought them (even though I've abused them).

its the rich people messing up the market, before when jordans and sb dunks was mostly coveted by people in the hood resell was like $100 most then with social media and everyone wanting to rock the best kicks people with money to burn got in the game and you see how this is going.  Its so much easier to reach kids now a days and turn them into hypebeast.

Tried to hit up raffles yesterday after work and found out that 3/4 of the Footlockers/HOH in the peninsula end at 6:00.  I work too far away to get to any of them in time.  Luckily the other stores were raffling all day.

Just answer me this if these arent limited. Why purchase cap of 1 per person. Don't see them advising of such rules when a new GENERAL RELEASE Air Force 1 release never at caps on those. So stupid the terminology and references to a general release where there are so many release levels
It's like that for every jordan release in multiple stores. what are you talkin about?

its the rich people messing up the market, before when jordans and sb dunks was mostly coveted by people in the hood resell was like $100 most then with social media and everyone wanting to rock the best kicks people with money to burn got in the game and you see how this is going.  Its so much easier to reach kids now a days and turn them into hypebeast.

Well then you should either make/save more money to pay resell or go buy some of the garbage retro+ cws that are gathering dust on shelves. The sneaker game is an expensive hobby, so if you can't hang, don't complain because nobody cares.

Last edited:
went to make raffle runs yesterday, one finishline told me they stopped doing raffles at 12pm LOL. 2hr window on a weekday? how many people can make that?

Blame people like Allen Kuo! he is the Butt* Plug that's taking Pears from your local mom&pop shop.  Because of people like him you have less pears at retail. Because of people like him you will most likely strike out on release day. Because of people like him.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom