The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I take a L this weekend, I'm going all out and copping Jordan 4 obsidian! Resellers get no money from me!

went and did my rounds for my raffle tickets, went to five stores and man the hype is real for this one
grin.gif
 never seen so many people signed up for a raffle (a couple of stores even has long lines
mean.gif
) since the bred 11 holiday release a few years back
laugh.gif

Last edited:
That dude at the mv ftl said the same to me. I just wanna put my ticket in man....not get mad dogged by the staff for trying. Everyone in there looked mad....[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]

All these employees telling you they only have 8-12 pairs are lying.

Minimum 18 for low performing and champs that never get 1s

These stores read niketalk and go crazy with the stock.

There's a few sheikhs that have the codes out but all pairs are already accounted for. DT for example isn't even getting them but have a code lol.

They see the lines and the greed starts to come forward.

Your best bet is online or fcfs.

Yup. Even the lower end foot locker around me. Got close to 20 pairs of these.

While HoH's got upwards of 120+ pairs.

true but nike doesnt base its strategies on what sneaker heads will or wont do. theyre a niche market that changes interests with the seasons. they base their strategies off of the average consumer who ever that demographic(s) is/are. all the aftermarket talk means nothing to the average guy that walks into footlocker looking for a pair of sneakers. what you or I would pay for a pair of 4s compared to 14s doesnt mean a thing to the people who arent invested or well versed in sneaker culture which far outnumbers any niketalked minded people.
Well said but that average person really don't mean much with the new marketing strategies. Maybe 6 or 7 years ago. But with at least 4 releases a month I would say the new age "sneaker head" means more to nike's bottom line then that 60 year old guy who walks around the mall. I mean without all the business jargon would you agree that more pairs sold is the best business.

That dude at the mv ftl said the same to me. I just wanna put my ticket in man....not get mad dogged by the staff for trying. Everyone in there looked mad....[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]
They were pretty chill on Saturday morning.

They are probably bent from people constantly asking "how many pairs did you get in?, can you hold me down?, would you resale right now for $XXX amount?" etc.

Last edited:
I mean it may have been 34 or something like that, but my lady and I went to almost 20 stores in the bay area. And yes, completely shut out. I got a little redemption with the SBB's cause we entered 3 raffles and she hit on one at Sheikh. But yeah, it was pretty hilarious. If I get shut out I may trade my extra DS pair of SBB's for a pair of these anyway. Seems like a doable trade if I move fast.

I thought it was more than 40!

You got screwed on that one.
Hahaha I just checked with the gf and she said it was almost 50. I'll say this though, it taught me what my time is worth. For an extra hundred bucks I would gladly not visit a single store, spend money and time driving around, etc.

The reality is there will only be a handful of shoes this year and any other year that are really that must-have and hard to get. Everything else is back to being a joke if you have a credit card on release day.

Numbers look good nationally, but the fact that Portland only had one footlocker (the HoH) get them makes me nervous. SNKRS and the footsites felt like a good fall back until the draw was announced yesterday.

After a mess up at Niketown Portland the manager promised me a pair a few weeks back, but flaked out after realizing what shoe this was... She even pulled the launch coordinator over and he told her what was she was doing and she still was saying "I don't care, reserve him a pair." of course a couple days later someone (not the manager) calls me and says "my manager says we can't actually do that." After that whole ordeal I don't feel like going down there unless they do the online raffle.

That being said getting ready for paying resale on these, even though these are a GR I am not confident.

And here I was thinking this was going to be an easy cop...not feeling too sure about that now.

I'm going to be in Santa Barbara on launch morning. Anyone have shops they recommend that might have them in the state street area? If not I'll be doing all online and hoping for the best.

And here I was thinking this was going to be an easy cop...not feeling too sure about that now.

I'm going to be in Santa Barbara on launch morning. Anyone have shops they recommend that might have them in the state street area? If not I'll be doing all online and hoping for the best.
hang tight some spots haven't even closed raffles to end of day today

These FCFS are going to be brutal. 300 people put in raffle for one of my local stores that only have 18 pairs. That mean maybe......18 winners. So where you think those other 282 or more people going to be to get those 100+ pairs at HOH. Plan accordingly  

Last edited:
Hahaha I just checked with the gf and she said it was almost 50. I'll say this though, it taught me what my time is worth. For an extra hundred bucks I would gladly not visit a single store, spend money and time driving around, etc.

The reality is there will only be a handful of shoes this year and any other year that are really that must-have and hard to get. Everything else is back to being a joke if you have a credit card on release day.

Where can you get these "for an extra hundred bucks"? Preorders are all $350+

These FCFS are going to be brutal. 300 people put in raffle for one of my local stores that only have 18 pairs. That mean maybe......18 winners. So where you think those other 282 or more people going to be to get those 100+ pairs at HOH. Plan accordingly  

Yeah to those doing FCFS-PLEASE be safe! If you are successful, don't hang around longer than you have to and be aware of your surroundings.

Last edited:
What happened? They're on the release locator but when I went and asked, the guy said Nah not receiving but stuttered and said ask the lady behind the counter. When I asked her she gave me a blank stare and said we're not receiving them. 
See that's exactly why I posted that on here . Go in there today they're doing the raffle today their liars. I called corporate on them because I went in yesterday and they told me to come back today . Today I call and they tell me the raffle was yesterday I then told her what happened and she told me to come in and she would sign me up on the list . When I got there other people were signing up.:smh: When I asked her why other people are signing up today she said the raffle is open today now :smh:

Can't explain this too ppl just a dead horse being beat. Any time there is a release like this just like Royals were still limited don't care about no allocation map. I know this game already to ask every #Og release like this one how will it be. You can just feel the hype even if nobodies talking. Every #Og that pass on stuff are in full Robocop mode for these

What happened? They're on the release locator but when I went and asked, the guy said Nah not receiving but stuttered and said ask the lady behind the counter. When I asked her she gave me a blank stare and said we're not receiving them. 
Was that today or yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom