The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
See that's exactly why I posted that on here . Go in there today they're doing the raffle today their liars. I called corporate on them because I went in yesterday and they told me to come back today . Today I call and they tell me the raffle was yesterday I then told her what happened and she told me to come in and she would sign me up on the list . When I got there other people were signing up.:smh: When I asked her why other people are signing up today she said the raffle is open today now :smh:

They got that extra shipment :lol:

Question about the app. If I check in at one store will that give me a minute headstart for the other 3 stores or just that 1 store i checked in at.

Question about the app. If I check in at one store will that give me a minute headstart for the other 3 stores or just that 1 store i checked in at.
It has nothing to do with a store, its about being the first to see if you won or lost, and rsvp your shoes... The check in is just to get you in the store and impulse shop

a lot of stores around me got less than 20 pair

I KEEP TELLIN' BOYS THIS IS A LIMITED GENERAL RELEASE...THERE ARE LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF RETAILERS THAT ARE GETTING THEM, EVEN ONES THAT DONT NORMALLY GET THEM, BUT THE ALLOCATION IS LOW.

SOME DUDE ON HERE WAS TRYIN' TO BE FUNNY, SAYING I WAS SELLIN' "WOLF TICKETS" , 'CAUSE "4 STORES IN HIS MALL RECEIVED 60 PAIR EACH"...I'M SORRY FAM, BUT 60 PAIRS NOWHERE NEAR CONSTITUTES A STANDARD GENERAL RELEASE FROM JB. THERE ARE VARIABLES IN WHAT STORES GET HOW MANY PAIRS, BASED ON SALES VOLUME FROM THAT PARTICULAR STORE, ETC. AND MOST STORES THAT DONT NORMALLY CARRY OG 1's ARE ONLY GETTING 1-2 SIZE RUNS MAX... I PERSONALLY KNOW OF 5 STORES IN THE HOUSTON AREA WHO ARE ONLY GETTING 18 PAIRS OR LESS, AND THIS IS H-TOWN WE'RE TALKING ABOUT.

ONCE AGAIN, IF U HAVE A HOH OR FLIGHT 23 IN YOUR AREA...THAT'S GONNA BE YOUR BEST BET, 'CAUSE THEY'LL DEFINITELY HAVE MORE THAN 60 PAIRS AVAILBLE. GOOD LUCK TO ALL...HOLLA.

CED B.

P.S. YES, I'M AWARE THAT MY CAPS LOCK IS ON,LOL! [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
I KEEP TELLIN' BOYS THIS IS A LIMITED GENERAL RELEASE...THERE ARE LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF RETAILERS THAT ARE GETTING THEM, EVEN ONES THAT DONT NORMALLY GET THEM, BUT THE ALLOCATION IS LOW.

SOME DUDE ON HERE WAS TRYIN' TO BE FUNNY, SAYING I WAS SELLIN' "WOLF TICKETS" , 'CAUSE "4 STORES IN HIS MALL RECEIVED 60 PAIR EACH"...I'M SORRY FAM, BUT 60 PAIRS NOWHERE NEAR CONSTITUTES A STANDARD GENERAL RELEASE FROM JB. THERE ARE VARIABLES IN WHAT STORES GET HOW MANY PAIRS, BASED ON SALES VOLUME FROM THAT PARTICULAR STORE, ETC. AND MOST STORES THAT DONT CARRY OG 1's ARE ONLY GETTING 1-2 SIZE RUNS MAX... I PERSONALLY KNOW OF 5 STORES IN TGE HOUSTON AREA WHO ARE ONLY GETTING 18 PAIRS OR LESS, AND THIS IS H-TOWN WE'RE TALKING ABOUT.

ONCE AGAIN, IF U HAVE A HOH OR FLIGHT 23 IN YOUR AREA...THAT'S GONNA BE YOUR BEST BET, 'CAUSE THEY'LL DEFINITELY HAVE MORE THAN 60 PAIRS AVAILBLE. GOOD LUCK TO ALL...HOLLA.

CED B.

P.S. YES, I'M AWARE THAT MY CAPS LOCK IS ON,LOL! [emoji]128514[/emoji]
U did call it tho

from a manufacturing stand point thats not always true.

Im a mechanical engineer and work in medical device manufacturing. when it comes to manufacturing time and space are literally worth money. if these factories are set up to make 1s in a specific way, in a specific amount of time, in a specific quantity, and everything is fine tuned to do so it literally costs money to deviate and change from that because adding resources into one production line takes away from another unless a company is willing to spend more to maintain that new level across the board. if nike and their contract factories know on average that 1s have a demand of X, and the fine tune a process to meet that X demand according to whatever their standards are it literally doesn't make sense deviate from that for 1% of the color ways.
I understand. I'm a software engineer and I've been developing enterprise financial based software my entire career. So I understand numbers and reporting. What I'm saying is that they could have easily forcasted to not produce other OG 1 colorways that we really don't care about...such as Yin and Yang or lettermans. Those production timeframes could have been easily allocated to the bred OG 1.

It has nothing to do with a store, its about being the first to see if you won or lost, and rsvp your shoes... The check in is just to get you in the store and impulse shop
Woooow lol
TBH, if you shop at FTL and FA like i do the 5 min headstart is good enough... During the gold 11 lows last week, the headstart came in handy.. I had a minute left when i realized i needed to check the app... I won at FTL HOH and FA.. Just enter at the stores you always shop, IMO it gives u better odds

I understand. I'm a software engineer and I've been developing enterprise financial based software my entire career. So I understand numbers and reporting. What I'm saying is that they could have easily forcasted to not produce other OG 1 colorways that we really don't care about...such as Yin and Yang or lettermans. Those production timeframes could have been easily allocated to the bred OG 1.

Perhaps, but we're looking at just a snapshot. Nike looks at the big picture from their perspective. I would think with the millions they spend and the billions they make, they've found the strategy that benefits them the most.

SNKRS is my only hope if I don't get a call back from the raffles
grin.gif

true true...but the additional say 4-month run to make more BReds would have also given the knock-off  companies an additional 4 months to eat at Nike's profit margin (making the additional costs not really worth it). besides the economy of making more means you are just creating more demand which your supply will not be able to match in any sincere way. 

Mission Valley FTL just got a bad vibe the second I walked in yesterday
All the employees look unwelcoming as hell
Handed the guy my ID and he forcefully slid it back to me on the counter and it almost fell off if I didn't have these Chris Carter hands
I know what you mean. That Home Improvement looking dude with the beard is creepy AF.
I've never liked that store. Old guy is a tool, too.; however, gotta do what watcha gotta do to get these Breds. I live like a mile from Fashion Valley and Mission and the only time I go to any MV stores is to return my stuff for refunds
laugh.gif

Homie at UTC FTL was cool. Said they got like 60 pairs.
Yeah, they seemed pretty laid back when I swung by there yesterday.

Hahaha I just checked with the gf and she said it was almost 50. I'll say this though, it taught me what my time is worth. For an extra hundred bucks I would gladly not visit a single store, spend money and time driving around, etc.

The reality is there will only be a handful of shoes this year and any other year that are really that must-have and hard to get. Everything else is back to being a joke if you have a credit card on release day.

Where can you get these "for an extra hundred bucks"? Preorders are all $350+
I saw them on a Facebook group I'm part of. Looked like about 50 pairs for $250/each. Haven't really paid much attention to the particulars of preorders on this. I've got the 2011 Banneds and DS 2013's, plus almost a dozen pairs of shoes to clear out of my closet. But yeah, $350 is a steep preorder price. I guess I should have been more clear and said I'm generally over the sneaker thing at this point. I'll add a few pairs here and there every year, but I'm not spending 12 hours running around to different stores or paying 2x retail for a preorder of a shoe I already own in two different forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom