The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got 4 pairs from about 20 raffles this time, location: Hong Kong. They are all on the way to my home. Damn lucky this time, was never able to get one pair from any draw before.

They're super nice in person though. I'm sure you'll like em when you get em.

I've held a couple pairs looked at em I'm picking all mine up on Saturday I'll see. I'm only prolly gonna hold on to one pair still trying to get a 9.5 for one of the NT fam but they have been tough cause it's so late now

No matter the cw on previous models with the exception of the OGS and maybe the 94s will deter me from getting all my favorite cws on this current mold. Nike knows this. Smh

On the bright side I can rock the old joints and stock new ones to be used later on.

Last edited:
Yup, as Westbrook visits HK today, Nike HK arranged the draw on 30 Aug and releases the shoes today.

Ohhhh okay! Nice. Shocked it only took 20 to get 2.. But then again it is Nike HK and with west coming they should be stocked.

really don't like how it looks brick red and the laces don't match the color. i wish it was the red of the laces on the leather. other than that the quality in hand is nice. the leather is better than SBB to me. the black leather just isn't but still it's nice, like the cyber mondays. the white liner on the inside tongue is a nice touch. the shape is good too. these are a lot nicer than the 2013 to me and its bout time i put them to rest. i like the new shape that is more OG. the leather cuts almost like the 94 retros. gonna wear these often. i just don't like the tongue on the 2013s.

No matter the cw on previous models with the exception of the OGS and maybe the 94s will deter me from getting all my favorite cws on this current mold. Nike knows this. Smh

Got to have control man. That's why I decided on only 4 must have colorways, lol.

really don't like how it looks brick red and the laces don't match the color. i wish it was the red of the laces on the leather. other than that the quality in hand is nice. the leather is better than SBB to me. the black leather just isn't but still it's nice, like the cyber mondays. the white liner on the inside tongue is a nice touch. the shape is good too. these are a lot nicer than the 2013 to me and its bout time i put them to rest. i like the new shape that is more OG. the leather cuts almost like the 94 retros. gonna wear these often. i just don't like the tongue on the 2013s.
you're making me excited for my pairs!

i'll probably keep them on ice til summer or so and just wear my 13s til the heels die lol 

I think part of the reason the black leather seems so stiff is because it's super thick. If you look at it you can see how thick it is compared to past releases.

Also I am all about having the shoe be as close to OG as possible and this color is almost identical to the 85's. 

Now the tumbled is a different story and I would have preferred it to have the same leather as the Chicagos. (Luckily my pair is not super tumbled at all)

I can't agree with these being better than SBB quality wise. SBB all around was a great shoe, these the black is crap. And the red is horrendous, I'm gonna say it Jordan brand botched this release, and the pairs that I have seen the swoosh is crazy tumbled for no reason

I think part of the reason the black leather seems so stiff is because it's super thick. If you look at it you can see how thick it is compared to past releases.

Also I am all about having the shoe be as close to OG as possible and this color is almost identical to the 85's. 

Now the tumbled is a different story and I would have preferred it to have the same leather as the Chicagos. (Luckily my pair is not super tumbled at all)

The tumbled is like what if they did that to chicagos? How odd would that look. It just doesn't look right on the shoe it looks dumb. I get what they were going for but they over did it. I woulda actually been more okay with a nubuck swoosh than all this dumb tumbled leather

I can't agree with these being better than SBB quality wise. SBB all around was a great shoe, these the black is crap. And the red is horrendous, I'm gonna say it Jordan brand botched this release, and the pairs that I have seen the swoosh is crazy tumbled for no reason
When was all this found out?

never had a problem with confort on the 13's, once broken in they gold
Yeah it's different for everyone. I actually sold mine because they hurt my feet. Ever since the Frags they've been super comfortable and I'm super happy too because 1's are my favorite model.

When was all this found out?

Seeing them over and over again this past week. I think it was today that I finally had to tell myself I don't really like em. Am I just getting them to add to my one collection yeah.. Which ones am I gonna wear more frequently the 2013..

The tumbled is like what if they did that to chicagos? How odd would that look. It just doesn't look right on the shoe it looks dumb. I get what they were going for but they over did it. I woulda actually been more okay with a nubuck swoosh than all this dumb tumbled leather
No I hear you, however I love my pair I'm glad I sold my 13's. 

Everyone is different and I'm glad that my pair is barely tumbled. It almost just looks like nice broken in leather.

I've seen some pairs that are super tumbled and I agree I would prefer it to be more OG.

That being said I besides the tumble, I couldn't be happier with this release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom