The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
say what?!?!?!
like whiplash saying...no id = they 'lose pairs' thru ignorance.

They can edit the print outs day off and delete your name and chalk it up to a glitch.

Remember last year something like that happened and shiekh ended up reserving the next release for people.

there HAS to be a ton of pairs online tomorrow.

ive been seeing "preorders" dropping left and right.

laugh.gif

Two L's for the day so far. First one trying to cop from a local boutique store, but bots figured out a way to get past the Google Captcha form. Second one from Offspring.co.uk where I got cart jacked while trying to checkout. Awesome.

Fingers crossed my ebay preorder comes through.

Unreal...20+ raffles and zip...

If the draw fails on me tomorrow then it's just not meant for me to have these shoes...:smh:

So
Of course they do, but the trick is to purposely misspell the name by just one or two letter and there are thousands of combinations when you misspell your name by just 1-2 letters. Their system isn't designed to capture this. And when you have hundreds of emails created by one person using a "bot" to create numerous variations of the same name using misspelled/slightly added letters, it's a win-win.

Remember, employees at Shiekh don't require ID's at the time of purchase either to cross-reference the email account. They just want you to furnish proof of the email message. You show the employee the email at time of purchase and they really don't even inspect the ID because the store is so busy with customers, distractions, etc.

So if let's say your name is John Anderson, and you created hundreds of email accounts with different spelling variations of John Anderson and the account that won was spelled John Andreson, you will still be able to claim your pair.
so wouldn't a simple id check thwart all of this?

Crazy how people getting zero and others getting 4..5..+.
Guess that's the luck of the draw. I haven't struck out on a single release at a specific HoH. So Im glad they continue to be honest

So
Of course they do, but the trick is to purposely misspell the name by just one or two letter and there are thousands of combinations when you misspell your name by just 1-2 letters. Their system isn't designed to capture this. And when you have hundreds of emails created by one person using a "bot" to create numerous variations of the same name using misspelled/slightly added letters, it's a win-win.

Remember, employees at Shiekh don't require ID's at the time of purchase either to cross-reference the email account. They just want you to furnish proof of the email message. You show the employee the email at time of purchase and they really don't even inspect the ID because the store is so busy with customers, distractions, etc.

So if let's say your name is John Anderson, and you created hundreds of email accounts with different spelling variations of John Anderson and the account that won was spelled John Andreson, you will still be able to claim your pair.
so wouldn't a simple id check thwart all of this?
Not at all, because if the name of the winning account is only misspelled by one letter, chances are the employee who is checking the ID won't even catch it or make a huge deal about it unless he was specifically instructed by his manager to make sure that the exact spelling on the ID matches the account. Which is why I gave the example above of John Anderson vs John Andreson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom