The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just for me, for the culture lol, I always try my pairs on as I get em no need to keep em DS for months/years I wear all my shoes

Idk but I wanna see how dudes rock em
I feel you, rocked my 11s this weekend, probably rock these this weekend coming. I've never been able to keep anything DS over 2weeks.

I feel you, rocked my 11s this weekend, probably rock these this weekend coming. I've never been able to keep anything DS over 2weeks.
Just me personally, I've never bought a pair to keep on ice. But again, I'm a little older. Anything I buy (shoe wise), I'm going to wear, clean, and put back in the box.

i know this isnt the right place to post this.. but why isnt there a thread about the upcoming obsidian 4's? and if there is, can someone link me it, thanks

Went to my local FTL and they still had a few GS in stock. Was going to pay resell for my girl's pair, but I was surprise they still had pairs sitting. Not as nice as mens, but can't really complain getting these for retail. Wish they had my girls size, so now for the hard part of sizing down.

I would say a week or two. I'm not sure the price is going down too much when the footsite orders come in. $10-$15 tops

I think if you wait till the Yeezy 350 V2 drop on the 24th prices will drop usually all recent shoes do around a yeezy drop. Folks try to get that yeezy cash right.

Only advice I can say to people trying to buy, don't wait!!! This has happened with all hyped 1s and will happen with these. Before you know it they will be $450-$500 and the prices they are going for now will seem like a "deal". Especially if you are under a size 12
THIS!! Seems like no one learns from the past, or this is their first attempt at a "hyped" GR 1. Prices don't drop out the gate with these types of releases, they slowly increase until 500, then you might see a drop to around 4 and some change.

Twitter you can find a pair for about 290-310 if you really want a pair grab it now or grab it from eBay because those prices are going to sky rocket... I would hope for a restock but like I said prices are going to go up.

What's going to happen is prices will go down when online people get their pairs and all the kids need their money back. One that settles they will go up in a little while. People forget cosignment shops are eating them up too

View media item 2156486

Damn this thread jumped almost 500 pages since Friday night :x

Anyways, after losing 5 raffles last week and wasting time Saturday morning in a FCFS Footaction line I'm finally getting a pair :D

Had to pay resale but ironically the price I paid would've equaled to the amount I was going to pay if I had someone line up for me. :\ :smh: :lol:

Seeing 100+ people in NT Boston around 2am that morning had me cringing....

Last edited:
How many shoes do you have?
I rotate 13-14 pairs. Oldest pair I currently rotate would be FF 1s. Everything else from early last year and into this year. Once the new look is gone I sell for under retail and move on to a similar color way retro.

Just me personally, I've never bought a pair to keep on ice. But again, I'm a little older. Anything I buy (shoe wise), I'm going to wear, clean, and put back in the box.
I'm an 80s baby myself, never been able to do the ice thing as I've never considered myself a collector, I just grew up liking J's and been buying them since I could afford to.

Thank God these got a revision ..

They just dont have that same appeal as the AJ1s..
I wonder how many people in this thread know that the Air Ships were the actual shoe that was banned. They just say the bred 1s are the banned shoe for marketing reasons.

To each it's own I wouldn't sell anything I wouldn't wear. I wouldn't call it karma tho. This release was tough no matter how many people post multiple pick ups.
I don't get what you mean by "selling anything I wouldn't wear." I wore my 2001 pair to the ground and sold them since they were pretty much sitting there in retirement.

who had flaws on their retail pair? i hit raffle at footaction and got my pair and has flaw on heel where leather meets on right shoe. FA manager would not swap out for another pair. not huge deal as i am fortunate to cop for retail as i usually get the L on raffles. just sucks as my pair should have been a factory seconds not retail pair.

What's going to happen is prices will go down when online people get their pairs and all the kids need their money back. One that settles they will go up in a little while. People forget cosignment shops are eating them up too

View media item 2156486

^this. Everyone who is willing to pay 350 plus are buying right now. That's why the market is high. Once those people are gone and online orders come in more will be in the market and less people would be willing to pay crazy prices. The market will drop. I'm thinking 300-350 instead of 350+. Look at wing 12s, SBB and Chicagos. All of those prices fell once market got flooded. I remember right when SBB dropped they were going for 400+. Everyone listed them and price fell to 350 and even later I heard stories of lots of people copping for around 300. Wings were going for 1500; now seen some sell for 800. Once people stop paying a crazy amount market will fall especially with these because they made a lot, it's just resellers took up most of the inventory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom