The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an 80s baby myself, never been able to do the ice thing as I've never considered myself a collector, I just grew up liking J's and been buying them since I could afford to.
Ditto. 83' myself. My parents never got me any J's and if I wanted them, I had to use my own money. So I didn't get my first new pair until the white/varsity red 14's. And I had to put them on lay-away! Never forget those, I got them from a Footaction at Lynnhaven mall in Virginia Beach. Got them again when they re-release a little while ago. 

I don't get what you mean by "selling anything I wouldn't wear." I wore my 2001 pair to the ground and sold them since they were pretty much sitting there in retirement.
I meant wearable. Like selling a undriveable car. You got to let him at least stunt for a month or so. You sold him a whip on blocks lmao

Just me personally, I've never bought a pair to keep on ice. But again, I'm a little older. Anything I buy (shoe wise), I'm going to wear, clean, and put back in the box.
I'm an 80s baby myself, never been able to do the ice thing as I've never considered myself a collector, I just grew up liking J's and been buying them since I could afford to.
Best era ever. Grew up watching the GOAT, witnessed the rise of rap (nwa,tupac,biggie, snoop, warren g,natedogg, etc) and the beginning of the internet.

Let me clarify. If you ever get a shoe from me. You will be able to wear for a long time. No odor,no heel drag and definitely no tax. I get it, maximum profit and all but just know you will be a buyer more than a seller.

Wings and Sbb's were HELLA limited compared to this release, hence the HIGH initial resale prices. These went to $280-$320 that's not a high jump like the shoes stated. SBB's and wings started off overpriced hence a slight come back.. These haven't been overpriced YET!!
Everyone likes economics I KNOW lol. But then again those two kicks are niche shoes just established(Pure hype and nothing more) 2013s should give you more of an idea for what a bred 1 does in this day and age.

People keep saying wait til online pairs come in, nowadays most people sell there pairs only with a confirmation emails. Most of the quick flippers have sold there pairs. I don't see these going down. Most releases the price drops every day that goes by and these are already going up slightly. I personally copped 6 pairs and plan on keeping them for down the road.

Let me clarify. If you ever get a shoe from me. You will be able to wear for a long time. No odor,no heel drag and definitely no tax. I get it, maximum profit and all but just know you will be a buyer more than a seller.
Everything I sell is still wearable. I have one dude who pretty much buys everything off me for about $90-$100 then flips them after for another $40-$50. Just because I'm tired of the kicks don't mean they are beat. **** I get more dudes asking me why my USED shoes are under retail, and have to explain to them that a used shoe should never cost more than box price or even close to it.

'86 baby here as well. I only got 1, sometimes 2, pairs at the start of each school year from my parents, but anything else was with my own dinero. The only J's they got me were the navy/black 13 lows, the white/carolina Team Jumpman 1's, and the black nubuck/carolina 12 pack that came with the hat and hoodie. Other than those three, once I hit 14 and had a summer gig every year, I copped my own extra kicks outside of that 1 or 2 a year, and once I graduated from HS, I couldn't be contained!

Everything I sell is still wearable. I have one dude who pretty much buys everything off me for about $90-$100 then flips them after for another $40-$50. Just because I'm tired of the kicks don't mean they are beat. **** I get more dudes asking me why my USED shoes are under retail, and have to explain to them that a used shoe should never cost more than box price or even close to it.
If you sold shoes with heel drag to the midsole apply if not... #carryon

Last edited:
Ditto. 83' myself. My parents never got me any J's and if I wanted them, I had to use my own money. So I didn't get my first new pair until the white/varsity red 14's. And I had to put them on lay-away! Never forget those, I got them from a Footaction at Lynnhaven mall in Virginia Beach. Got them again when they re-release a little while ago. 
First pair I bought with own money was obsidian 12s and from JcPenny none the less lol.

I meant wearable. Like selling a undriveable car. You got to let him at least stunt for a month or so. You sold him a whip on blocks lmao
Ah nah they still very wearable. No tears in the sockliner or anything its just that the heels were pretty worn from 15 years and I had a little bit of black marks on the red leather. I mean I gave him pics of every square inch of the shoes before he bought them. To be fair he offered me $250 first. I would've sold them for under $200 but I couldn't say no to his offer lol. Here's one of the pics I still have. You can kinda see at the bottom of the left shoe it's just worn out at the lateral side of the heels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom