The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuck out on these locally and online. First time doing raffles at stores for any sneakers and no luck. Enter 4 drawings with SNKRS with help of fams and nothing.

Only way is to get lucky now on a restock since I'm not paying resellers prices. That extra money will go my CC bill.

I honestly would have thought JB would've given the consumer the benefit of the doubt by treating this release a little better with better supply than the Chicago 1. I know these are 1's but cant they balance out the hype marketing, supply, profits all with the exceeding high demand?
Eh...I think it was handled better than the CHI relase. a) Nike actually released this online unlike CHIs b) there was a wider dispersion of stores who recieved the BRed shipment over the CHIs c) the online BRed release through footstores were graduated and so there wasn't an 'instant' sellout like with CHIs. I think BRed (and Royals) releases are a little different than most other 1 releases as its a standard bearer for a collector -- folks who don't have 1s in their collection are going after these as well as the die hard Jordan-heads and 1s fans. The broader base for the BRed makes it difficult to actually have a supply meet the demand -- basically folks will demand more (ie folks who usually are satisfied with 1-2 pairs will want 3 pairs). 

Stuck out on these locally and online. First time doing raffles at stores for any sneakers and no luck. Enter 4 drawings with SNKRS with help of fams and nothing.

Only way is to get lucky now on a restock since I'm not paying resellers prices. That extra money will go my CC bill.
Then you're never going to smell the shoe! Even if their was a restock it would be gone before you knew about it, unless your online 24/7

While purchasing retail would have been ideal, I am happy to have gotten a size 13 @ $285. Prices definitely seem to be going up so I'm glad to have bought mine when I did.

I honestly would have thought JB would've given the consumer the benefit of the doubt by treating this release a little better with better supply than the Chicago 1. I know these are 1's but cant they balance out the hype marketing, supply, profits all with the exceeding high demand?

Eh...I think it was handled better than the CHI relase. a) Nike actually released this online unlike CHIs b) there was a wider dispersion of stores who recieved the BRed shipment over the CHIs c) the online BRed release through footstores were graduated and so there wasn't an 'instant' sellout like with CHIs. I think BRed (and Royals) releases are a little different than most other 1 releases as its a standard bearer for a collector -- folks who don't have 1s in their collection are going after these as well as the die hard Jordan-heads and 1s fans. The broader base for the BRed makes it difficult to actually have a supply meet the demand -- basically folks will demand more (ie folks who usually are satisfied with 1-2 pairs will want 3 pairs). 

I felt they could have made a bit more pairs but still keep a certain margin in tact and make their product "exclusive" looking and still be a big success.

IIRC werent the Chi 1 2015 supposed to be a draw first, then it was cancelled, then it released on snkrs or ndc as a regular drop in sept 2015 OR did they put them in a draw?

If they (Chi 1 2015) were a draw the chances of copping would be even more harder since they were released and any pairs would be any pairs left over from the initial rd, and thus it would be correct to say that these 2016 black red 1 were handled a little better than previous 1's

I like OG jordans since that was my era. but i've never doubled up. do you guys seriously cop 2-3 pairs and save them? is that the norm for most?

no shade at all.. I'm seriously asking?

Did u guys see the announcement that storm blue 1s coming in December? I thought I was done with JB in 2016 after black toes, TB 3, and space jam 11s, but then they go and announce SB 1s! [emoji]128064[/emoji]

honestly you guys are prisoners of the moment

no way in hell this release > white cement iv and black metalic v

and not even this release> true blue 3 and space jams

lol @ hands down

dont let they hype eat you alive

nobody was really feeling the 1's in all honesty until they became limited and started selling for high prices on the resell market the last few years

ogs and first retros hit big 5 for cheap

4s are garbage to me and don't care for metallic 5s

Did u guys see the announcement that storm blue 1s coming in December? I thought I was done with JB in 2016 after black toes, TB 3, and space jam 11s, but then they go and announce SB 1s! [emoji]128064[/emoji]
Yeah....i believe there's a UK 1s thread for the december release. 

I like OG jordans since that was my era. but i've never doubled up. do you guys seriously cop 2-3 pairs and save them? is that the norm for most?

For me if the money is right I would've cop as many pairs as possible, not a reseller, but unfortunately I had to pay double for just 1 pair!

I double up on all 8s, my fav model, unpopular so highly likely they'll re-release every 2-3 years. Then if I think a shoes above and beyond, and unlikely to come back in that form (NA 3, 4, 5, 6 models) I will usually grab two. Id rather have an extra then risk me wearing out mine and nike pulling a move and not releasing for 7-8 years down the road

I remember back before I joined in 06 when Nike Air III-VI had high value and were one of the most coveted jordans and the other one XI. everything else was so-so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom