The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missing stitch on right shoe. Got it from SobeSoles
You sir have just caught a legendary Pokemon

I ended up getting lucky on my own, but truly appreciate the Nt'ers that tried to look out 
nthat.gif

14240877_728328943973114_1656768822_n.jpg

Oh you grizzly animal
nthat.gif

Did you read the last sentence? That's a documented quote from Jordan speaking on the behalf the $5000 fine. I see you have a reading comprehension problem
U wot m8?

WHERE DOES THE QUOTE SAY THE FINE WAS FOR THE JORDAN 1????

I wouldn't throw bricks around in a glass house if I were you.

If these sites are cracking down on bots post release than how does that truly help people who want to buy manually? They need to develop a system that counteracts bots from the get-go. Maybe the shoe palace process does a good job of this but I'm not about to wait 7+ hours to maybe buy a pair.
i just don't see sites spending extra money to combat the bots when they already getting their money.  especially the footsites.. has anyone seen their registers?  straight up the same technology from the 90's lol

Let me sum it up for the mouth breathers in here in hopes of it ending the debate.

The NBA banned the black/red Air Ships effectively banning the Air Jordan 1 black/red while still in production.

Nike paid 5000 a game for MJ to wear the black/red SHIPS because they brought hype to the brand (not just the Air Ship or the Air Jordan but the entire brand).

Nike markets the Bred 1 as banned by the NBA. Which it was...along with the bred Air Ship.

The $5000 fine  was for the Air Ship and neither Nike nor Jordan has ever said it wasn't.

WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE SUCH A HARD TIME WITH THIS?

Last edited:
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
xmas in sept with these delayed mail calls

glad to see yall sitting down to the pizza party

U wot m8?

WHERE DOES THE QUOTE SAY THE FINE WAS FOR THE JORDAN 1????

I wouldn't throw bricks around in a glass house if I were you.
Well I said in a previous post this morning that the black/red COLORWAY itself was banned and not a particular model of shoe. So the debate between the a black/red Air Ship, Air Legend, OG 1 or whatever will continue to live on. I NEVER said it it was the OG 1. You are confusing me with the wrong person. On another note, what other incident would Jordan be referencing the $5000 to??????? A gambling debt LMAO????? SMH Man some of you are too smart for you own good! All I was doing was posting an article about Nike and/or Jordan himself being quoted about this $5000 fine for the shoes. 

Last edited:
This was the worst and most limited release up in Vancouver Canada this year

I had many Jordan connections back in the days but life has traveled me in a new direction, so to make a long story short...I had to obtain these shoes like regular folks :p

There were only 4 pairs of size 13 in all of Greater Vancouver Area and all were snatched up by our local resellers and now being flipped at crazy prices.
(Try 215 retail but currently @ 500 CDN shipped due to our lame dollar smh)

This Jordan release meant the most to me as I had the OG 85 back in high school that my Mom did without to buy me, so of course I ended up putting more emotional value onto these then I should have.

Glad you guys copped your pairs, but for old heads like me....we came up empty up north.

If anyone can point me to a LEGIT pair of 13/13.5 at a fair price consider it being "paying it forward"

Enjoy people, but for whats it worth. This pair meant the world to me and had me go out and establish relationships in Brand Jordan all over again lol.

peace...baby j

I honestly don't know what city is worse... Vancouver or Toronto....

I think Toronto has the slight edge in difficulty... more pairs but alot more people are into shoes. I was shocked at how mainstream they are here. I mean people talk about shoes on the bus and I can just chirp in if I want to.

Vancouver may have less pairs overall but if you enter a raffle atleast you have a chance.

If these sites are cracking down on bots post release than how does that truly help people who want to buy manually? They need to develop a system that counteracts bots from the get-go. Maybe the shoe palace process does a good job of this but I'm not about to wait 7+ hours to maybe buy a pair.
Lots of bot users got thru on SP as well. Don't know if this is what I wanna see, but seems like the "most fair" process right now is if all footsites went the Nike Draw route. The key is that just like Nike, they can only be SMS verified accounts that enter. Can't believe I'm saying this because I have yet to win a single draw.

Sure, smart people will find ways of playing shenanigans with the system. Always the case. But I'm sure it would cut down a whole lot on the resellers wrecking havoc online. More real sneakerheads get to eat vs the others.

Last edited:
whats a fair price for 9.5?  I am thinking $350s?  but thinking it might go down later.  any advice would be appreciated.

i see avg 3, i don't think people are trying to go lower than that right now, saw a couple go for 280 tho in local fb groups..

Let me sum it up for the mouth breathers in here in hopes of it ending the debate.

The NBA banned the black/red Air Ships effectively banning the Air Jordan 1 black/red while still in production.

Nike paid 5000 a game for MJ to wear the black/red SHIPS because they brought hype to the brand (not just the Air Ship or the Air Jordan but the entire brand).

Nike markets the Bred 1 as banned by the NBA. Which it was...along with the bred Air Ship.

The $5000 fine  was for the Air Ship and neither Nike nor Jordan has ever said it wasn't.

WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE SUCH A HARD TIME WITH THIS?

Exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom