THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

well, at least if you wanna make a real USA colorway with a REAL gold swoosh...you can.

but i agree. do away with the metallic

Last edited:
i wanna see a royal blue chrome material option at nike ID

so that i can do an OG blue inspired cw with blue chrome mudguard and swoosh
smokin.gif

Did anyone put water proofer on the color change's? I want to water proof mine but I'm worried it might stop them from turning blue.

i found a pair of 2009 scuba blues on k'lekt and was working out a deal with the seller.  he asked for "direct payment" and i assumed he meant gift, so i politely said i would prefer we do invoice, as to be protected. after talking back and forth he "agreed," but possibly via a language barrier he sent a money request in goods and services.  again, i politely asked him for an invoice instead.  he responded with the goods and services option or no deal.  he was very firm that he was concerned about being scammed through the invoice process.  i politely refused the transaction and said i would prefer an invoice, but understand and hope he gets the sneakers sold one way or another.  he replies with, "oh i will get them sold..." then starts insinuate that im a red flag and scammer from the aforementioned string of events.  this is the last email he sent me in fact:

"I will get them sold fore sure. If you can not make a direct payment or pay my request, than that are alarm bells ringing everywhere. The first big step of a scam...

I'm am selling stuff internationally for over 6 years now, and i'm quit in to the rules concerning Paypal. 

The fact that you really "need" an incoice tells me more than enough. 

The real dealers on internet can always make a direct payment...

Maybe keep that in mind.

Greetz"

i was always under the impression that invoicing is the most legitimate and secure way to handle business [on both sides] through paypal.  please give feedback if y'all have it.  i will refrain from posting his info as a scammer until i reach an informed decision. 

thanks NT fam. 

Last edited:
You are absolutely correct. The invoice will document what you are supposed to receive. I think the seller is confused about why you would want that. Probably not the best person to deal with.

You are absolutely correct. The invoice will document what you are supposed to receive. I think the seller is confused about why you would want that. Probably not the best person to deal with.

This is his follow up email. Someone please confirm that at the very least, he is misinformed. And I should just write this dude off...

"if you have read the link i send you, you must know by now that when i don't send the item, or if it doesn't match the description you can file a dispute on Paypal (buyers protection)!!
At all times i have to prove to Paypal that i sent you the item, if i don't you will get your full amount of money back. That's the same thing if i tell you i sent you a pair of AM1's and you wind up with a pair of asics...same principal. If i don't give word to my Side of the agreement, Paypal will withdraw the total amount of my account and give it back to you. So the payment ways i have given you are the most safest ways for you to deal with. I am the only one that has to prove shipping etc. to Paypal.

The way you want to pay is THE common way scammers want to do buiseniss. At first the money will be in my account, but after 1 week there will be a report to Paypal that the creditcard where the payment was made with turns out to be stolen or lost, and Paypal will withdraw the complete amount of money from my account, and there will be no option for me to file a dispute against it.

So i will never deal this way...

I will do buiseniss with you, but only on my terms. It has worked for me all these years and it will work for me in the future. I never had any complaints about shipping or whatsoever."

unseen unseen This guy is an idiot. Surprised he hasn't been scammed as of yet unless he is a scammer himself. He has it completely backwards. With a detailed invoice you are protected. Just paying for goods or services who knows what you agreed upon.

Dont even waste your time with responding. He's a Lame.

Sounds like dude could have been burned before on an item not as described case. I dont know if I would let it be your problem, though, if he didnt have an issue with the scubas, he shouldnt have an issue with descriptions on the invoice. Especially if dude is claiming to know the game.

It wouldnt matter which way you paid if you pay with a cc, not a paypal balance or bank acct. You can file a chargeback with your cc company regardless if something goes wrong. If you use the invoice method its easier to file a dispute through paypal but a cc chargeback will get you a refund 99% of the time regardless of what you are buying and the circumstances of the payment. Dude is misinformed either way.

Last edited:
It wouldnt matter which way you paid if you pay with a cc, not a paypal balance or bank acct. You can file a chargeback with your cc company regardless if something goes wrong. If you use the invoice method its easier to file a dispute through paypal but a cc chargeback will get you a refund 99% of the time regardless of what you are buying and the circumstances of the payment. Dude is misinformed either way.
youre right, but him and i are having a disagreement on the paypal issue.  i dont use credit cards, so its a moot point.  what im tryna get him to understand is that an invoice is the proper way to do things. he directed me to the paypal buyer protection link, and i picked it apart against his own argument.  

someone correct me if im wrong if they care to even follow this post anymore.  
[h2]Buyer Protection[/h2]
"If an eligible item that you’ve bought online doesn’t arrive, or doesn’t match the seller’s description, our Buyer Protection will reimburse you for the full amount of the item plus postage and packaging costs. Buyer Protection covers eligible online purchases on eBay or on any other website, when you use PayPal."

1. a goods and service money request is very vague in description.

2. we were entering a private sale outside of any website, so no initial protection is in place.   

Refunds

If an order doesn’t arrive or match the description, we’ll reimburse the full cost of eligible purchases and paid delivery costs."

again, putting "airmax 1 scuba" in the memo of a money request doesnt mean anything. it could be a picture of the sneaker. 

at this point its about principle, but hes going to sell the way he sells.  i guess hes got the right to, so it is what it is. 

Can you guys shed some light on the sizing for Air Max 1 Essential? I wear a US10D across the board (sneakers, dress shoes, etc) and wondered if these shoes fit true to size or not. Should I get a 10? Or do they run small or big? I'm not sure if anyone carries them locally (Chicago here), so I'll have to order online.

Can you guys shed some light on the sizing for Air Max 1 Essential? I wear a US10D across the board (sneakers, dress shoes, etc) and wondered if these shoes fit true to size or not. Should I get a 10? Or do they run small or big? I'm not sure if anyone carries them locally (Chicago here), so I'll have to order online.
i find essentials to fit true to size. 

just track down a different pair, why deal with dumb clowns this
Better to stress off the hunt than stress off trying to get your money back.
yeah i deaded it.  it was over before it started.  just thought i might be missing something here since hes so "experienced in selling" and im just a "newbie."

can i get a legit check:

Last edited:

youre right, but him and i are having a disagreement on the paypal issue.  i dont use credit cards, so its a moot point.  what im tryna get him to understand is that an invoice is the proper way to do things. he directed me to the paypal buyer protection link, and i picked it apart against his own argument.  

someone correct me if im wrong if they care to even follow this post anymore.  

[h2]Buyer Protection[/h2]

"If an eligible item that you’ve bought online doesn’t arrive, or doesn’t match the seller’s description, our Buyer Protection will reimburse you for the full amount of the item plus postage and packaging costs. Buyer Protection covers eligible online purchases on eBay or on any other website, when you use PayPal."
1. a goods and service money request is very vague in description.
2. we were entering a private sale outside of any website, so no initial protection is in place.   
Refunds

If an order doesn’t arrive or match the description, we’ll reimburse the full cost of eligible purchases and paid delivery costs."
again, putting "airmax 1 scuba" in the memo of a money request doesnt mean anything. it could be a picture of the sneaker. 

at this point its about principle, but hes going to sell the way he sells.  i guess hes got the right to, so it is what it is. 

I didnt mean pay him directly with a cc, i meant through paypal with a cc. Whether it was an invoice or a request, if the selected payment method on paypal was a cc, as opposed to a pp balance or a bank account or an e-check, you would still be able to get a refund through the cc company outside of any paypal dispute or buyer protection. A cc chargeback trumps everything in paypals eyes, they will not fight a cc company. That is why whenever you send a payment whether its an invoice, ebay item or a money request, the option to change the payment method is in very small print. They do not want you paying with a cc through them since they cant beat a chargeback. Unless you meant you dont have any cc at all or dont have one linked to your paypal account, then it gets a little more risky. I would recommend everyone always pay with a cc when making paypal payments, its the safest bet as a buyer.

If you wanted to pay the request, and change the payment method to your cc before sending the payment, your cc company would cover you regardless of any paypal dispute decision. I dont even file paypal disputes, i go right to my cc company and they've gotten my money back everytime.

Last edited:
i found a pair of 2009 scuba blues on k'lekt and was working out a deal with the seller.  he asked for "direct payment" and i assumed he meant gift, so i politely said i would prefer we do invoice, as to be protected. after talking back and forth he "agreed," but possibly via a language barrier he sent a money request in goods and services.  again, i politely asked him for an invoice instead.  he responded with the goods and services option or no deal.  he was very firm that he was concerned about being scammed through the invoice process.  i politely refused the transaction and said i would prefer an invoice, but understand and hope he gets the sneakers sold one way or another.  he replies with, "oh i will get them sold..." then starts insinuate that im a red flag and scammer from the aforementioned string of events.  this is the last email he sent me in fact:

"I will get them sold fore sure. If you can not make a direct payment or pay my request, than that are alarm bells ringing everywhere. The first big step of a scam...
I'm am selling stuff internationally for over 6 years now, and i'm quit in to the rules concerning Paypal. 

The fact that you really "need" an incoice tells me more than enough. 
The real dealers on internet can always make a direct payment...
Maybe keep that in mind.

Greetz"

i was always under the impression that invoicing is the most legitimate and secure way to handle business [on both sides] through paypal.  please give feedback if y'all have it.  i will refrain from posting his info as a scammer until i reach an informed decision. 

thanks NT fam. 

Yep, invoice is the only way I do business with someone that I don't know/haven't done business with in the past.
It's a no-brainer.
You did good.
Also, he should totally understand your concerns...especially after " selling stuff for six years internationally".

People need time to gain trust and understand that you are here to do business and not rip them off....it takes time and possibly several transaction to gain that trust. If anything, his comments show the red flag.

I always ask the seller if they are "by chance are you on NikeTalk"....that way you can possibly build a repor, etc....and go from there. But, always invoice at first until you KNOW who your dealing with.

Last edited:

Yeah, Essentials have asways been TTS, WHILE Pendleton's seem to run slightly big.
Example: I wear a size 13 in all AM1....except Pendelton's.
12.5 fits great, but 13 still works.

Back
Top Bottom