THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Has anyone seen Cherrywoods sell recently? I'd do nasty things for a pair but I just can't see paying $3500 for a pair of sneakers. I'd be afraid to even wear them. $1k? Ok, I can do that. $3500? Idk man.
Man you won't find them for cheap. I lucked out on a DS US11.5 pair for $1,200 like 3 years ago...I knew it was salty then but I had just sold 4-5 pairs of Jordans and knew I'd never find them for a better price.
^have 3 ds sz13 of the HOA if that's your sz and you wanna spend $500 on a pair
You have THREE pair of HOA? Damn! I got my pair for $74 off ebay like a year or so ago haha, def need a second pair.

Man you won't find them for cheap. I lucked out on a DS US11.5 pair for $1,200 like 3 years ago...I knew it was salty then but I had just sold 4-5 pairs of Jordans and knew I'd never find them for a better price.

You have THREE pair of HOA? Damn! I got my pair for $74 off ebay like a year or so ago haha, def need a second pair.
haha man it's a damn shame that $1k is considered "cheap" for a pair of freaking sneakers. That's hands down my favorite shoe all time. I'd do unspeakable things for a pair. I just can't justify spending $3500 on a pair, though. As boss as they are, I can do 3 Bespokes for that price.

11.5's? I can never find them on the Bay in my size. I'd gladly pay $74 for another pair.

Last edited:

haha man it's a damn shame that $1k is considered "cheap" for a pair of freaking sneakers. That's hands down my favorite shoe all time. I'd do unspeakable things for a pair. I just can't justify spending $3500 on a pair, though. As boss as they are, I can do 3 Bespokes for that price.
I would certainly say the bespoke experience and everything and making your truly dream AM1 for $1k is better than spending $1k+ on any other older pairs....as long as you make a dope *** pair and don't get a horrific toebox...lol luckily mine turned out bettter than most pairs Ive seen.
11.5's? I can never find them on the Bay in my size. I'd gladly pay $74 for another pair.
No, close..it was an 11 haha

I would certainly say the bespoke experience and everything and making your truly dream AM1 for $1k is better than spending $1k+ on any other older pairs....as long as you make a dope *** pair and don't get a horrific toebox...lol luckily mine turned out bettter than most pairs Ive seen.

No, close..it was an 11 haha
i would def go for a pair of bespokes over an old pair for 1000.  my toe box will not turn out poorly.  heck, i'll ask them to iron that joint before i pick it up. 

i would def go for a pair of bespokes over an old pair for 1000.  my toe box will not turn out poorly.  heck, i'll ask them to iron that joint before i pick it up. 
I wore my greystones into my appointment and said I would pay extra if they could duplicate the shape 

Lol 5 pairs in all. One beat, one in the rotation and the 3 ds that I have to start wearing soon just around the house if I'm gonna ever hope to keep them alive.

I wore my greystones into my appointment and said I would pay extra if they could duplicate the shape 

I know they didn't make it happen but I'm curious what their reaction was? Do they at least acknowledge the current **** state of the AM1 shape?

One would think it would be cheaper on assembly to cut the toebox section smaller when assembling, it seems to me that is part of the problem with the shape.

One would think it would be cheaper on assembly to cut the toebox section smaller when assembling, it seems to me that is part of the problem with the shape.

I always thought it was the opposite. Seems like Nike cut back on the size of the overall toewrap. Now, they barely reach the top of the toe as before they wrapped up and over the toes.

Wms 844982-101 AM1 NS

haha the Greystone is one I've look for recently. I couldn't find a pair anywhere. What would they go for these days?
A lot, especially in 10.5- 11 I think I made a trade equal to like $400+ or so on them 
I know they didn't make it happen but I'm curious what their reaction was? Do they at least acknowledge the current **** state of the AM1 shape?
Oh they know, there were two consultants in there. Both super dope and knew their ****. One was wearing the blk quilt back from like 08 or whatever and the other one was wearing his own bespoke which was basically like the first APCs, all waterproof canvas with some other ****. But they laughed bc they knew about the banana shape and everything. Here are pics of his bespokes, I don't think I ever shared these with you guys...

A lot, especially in 10.5- 11 I think I made a trade equal to like $400+ or so on them 
Oh they know, there were two consultants in there. Both super dope and knew their ****. One was wearing the blk quilt back from like 08 or whatever and the other one was wearing his own bespoke which was basically like the first APCs, all waterproof canvas with some other ****. But they laughed bc they knew about the banana shape and everything. Here are pics of his bespokes, I don't think I ever shared these with you guys...

Damn plan and simple but yet super dope and clean

There's a new evolution of the Air Max 1 feature on Nike's crap app. Looks like the hype train for the Flyknits has left the station.

There's a new evolution of the Air Max 1 feature on Nike's crap app. Looks like the hype train for the Flyknits has left the station.
yup.  just saw that.  amazing how a little marketing hype makes all those space garbage sneakers look a little better.  for a split second i was thinking, ehhh the tapes and ultras dont look terrible.  they waving that magic wand and fairy dust on all y'all. 

I always thought it was the opposite. Seems like Nike cut back on the size of the overall toewrap. Now, they barely reach the top of the toe as before they wrapped up and over the toes.
it's when I iron a toebox and it become all puffy was my reasoning, like there was extra material that wouldnt let it lay down flatlike. Could be that I am not going at it enough, but then I get those little creases where the stitching is.

Last edited:

Scenario:

You have $500~ to spend on one pair of AM1's. What pair do you hunt for?

Please don't take your current collection into consideration. I'm looking to add a centerpiece to my collection and I know there's tons of stuff out there that I don't even know about.
if i were to spend 500 on am1s it would be (give or take condition for that price):

dirty denim

shima blues

flamingos

hufquake

hold tights

grey mini swoosh

id put a bid in, and hope theyd bite on:

teals

dave whites

crepes

Last edited:
if i were to spend 500 on am1s it would be (give or take condition for that price):

dirty denim
shima blues
flamingos
hufquake
hold tights
grey mini swoosh

teals
dave whites
crepes
Thanks. The Shima Blue and the Crepe are at the top of my list. Love both.

dirty denim

shima blues

flamingos

hufquake

hold tights

grey mini swoosh

teals

dave whites

crepes
Great list!

But....Good luck finding Dirty Denims and 99 mini....grey mini swoosh in 10.5-11.5 is a goddamn unicorn! I'm like 99.9% positive I have the only US11.5 in the 99 grey minis. That DS pair of 99s with OG box went for like $1,300 I think. And just recently prices for Dirty Denim have gone up.....however you can still find some solid steals from time to time. I hit on two solid ebay steals  this last week - those 2006 iDs for $60 and then I got a mega steal on something else to be shared in a few days as well.

I just had Hold Tights and Teals up for trade/sale. My Teals went for $600 (US11 DS) and my hold tights I traded....for something super dope that I should be getting in the mail tomorrow 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom