THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Nike got sweatshop full of cheap labor and people out here steaming, bending, ironing shoes. Little 8 year at the factory be trying to get the shape better and manger come by and tells em to move on the next pair. Manger be like "let the customer watch a youtube tutorial and do that themselves your time is too valuable little Timmy"

Last edited:
For anyone in the LA area, they have the flyknit ultra in OG and Oreo at the Citadel outlet and allowed me to order my size on Nike assist. Came out to 109 after tax.

Last edited:
Off topic
happy.gif
wore these the other day after wearing my hyperfuse ID's the day before. they are so stiff compared to the ID's. such a clean colorway though.

I think the reality is the flyknit anything is meant to be molded to your individual foot shape, like my shrink to fit levis, which took a lot more work, hence why they came up with these steaming contraptions upon release of the original.

Last edited:

Nike got sweatshop full of cheap labor and people out here steaming, bending, ironing shoes. Little 8 year at the factory be trying to get the shape better and manger come by and tells em to move on the next pair. Manger be like "let the customer watch a youtube tutorial and do that themselves your time is too valuable little Timmy"
doubt its timmy.  more like rejelio from malaysia. 

I think the reality is the flyknit anything is meant to be molded to your individual foot shape, like my shrink to fit levis, which took a lot more work, hence why they came up with these steaming contraptions upon release of the original.
That's just a story made up to justify selling baldly shaped plastic doilies on a sole.

Thanks to everyone that posted in regards to steaming the shoe. I just did my USA pair and that annoying lump of fabric at the toe is completely gone!!!!  Fit is almost at my OG red level which is close to perfect! Thanks again.

Alright so I watched the steaming video. Do you put it on right after that and let it form to your foot or just let it cool down and shrink on its own?

Put a sock on like normal and throw them on, if you like em snug. Throw thick socks on and they'll be looser.

Its more of a shrink than a form fit, the flyknit itself is the form fitting part, the steam just brings it all in.

Interesting takes.

When I wash and fit my Flyknits, I use the the steam to loosen the material.

I'll wash the upper by hand, let drip dry til damp, use a high heat blow dryer to shrink the upper almost a half size, this takes out all the previous slop, pinky-toe bulge etc. It's actually pretty cool watching the material shrink before your eyes.

I then use steam (to loosen the shrunken upper) to bring back the fit I want.

Wow.

I went for it last night and the fit is seriously perfect! I was going to record the process but figured I'd jinx myself and botch it haha.

Anyways - my wife just bought a "my little steamer" from bed bath & beyond. I stuffed my shoe to the shape I wanted and hit the toebox for about 10-15 seconds. Took out the stuffing immediately and then put the shoe on while wearing Nike Elite socks ( I didn't want a super tight fit and wanted to be able to wear some sort of sock). I then repeated this another time and did the same for the other shoe.

Lastly to get the perfect fit - I put my foot up on the counter while wearing the shoe and hit it for another 15 seconds or so or until it got too hot where I couldn't really stand it which surprisingly never happened. 

Looks like I'll be re-ordering my Pattas in a size 11 afterall and just steam them when they come in - I'm afraid a 10.5 wouldn't have the fit Im looking for. The steaming process took maybe 5 min max and had perfect outcome. 

Last edited:
Wife and I are leaving tomorrow for vacation and are going to be greeted with a tropical storm when we get there. Going to take my flyknits and a steamer to have something to do while it's storming outside haha.

Awesome! thanks singledout.
I ordered og reds this morning and I'm returning the nikelabs.

The flyknits look so much better once they've been steam fit.

Wow.

I went for it last night and the fit is seriously perfect! I was going to record the process but figured I'd jinx myself and botch it haha.

Anyways - my wife just bought a "my little steamer" from bed bath & beyond. I stuffed my shoe to the shape I wanted and hit the toebox for about 10-15 seconds. Took out the stuffing immediately and then put the shoe on while wearing Nike Elite socks ( I didn't want a super tight fit and wanted to be able to wear some sort of sock). I then repeated this another time and did the same for the other shoe.

Lastly to get the perfect fit - I put my foot up on the counter while wearing the shoe and hit it for another 15 seconds or so or until it got too hot where I couldn't really stand it which surprisingly never happened. 

Looks like I'll be re-ordering my Pattas in a size 11 afterall and just steam them when they come in - I'm afraid a 10.5 wouldn't have the fit Im looking for. The steaming process took maybe 5 min max and had perfect outcome. 

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback. Length on mine feels identical to the OG Reds. They even line up on length as well.

I'm definitely using my wife's steamer when I get back from the vacation. Looking forward to getting rid of the excess materials on the toebox.

I just held my pair over the boiling kettle for roughly 15-20 seconds and moved them around to cover the toe area.  

It was super easy and very quick to do very pleased with the fit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom