THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Killin it!

I'm about to go with these I think.

Anyone have any experience mixing the "deep royal blue" leather and the midnight navy denim? How close in color are they to each other?

Looking to do an all-navy type shoe with mixed materials but don't want two awkward blues if they don't look similar in person. Appreciate the help in advance.

Alright so what Pendleton materials give the best shape? I don't really wanna do all of the same material if I don't have to. :nerd:

Pretty much any combo except the waxed canvas for the mudguard.

I have a pair of leather mudguard + denim overlay and the shape is excellent.

Nice! Think I'm going to create also a pair. But 190 € still hurts. Never had a coupon at NDC! I'm sure that customer service in the states e.g. is much better than here in Europe/Germany
mean.gif

Unseen, that is absolutely true. I posted about it before. A slightly larger sole would prevent the perpendicular mudguard around the toe problem.

via IG: description says bespoke uses a smaller sole, and possibly why the shape is all wonky.  @SingledOut
 can you attest to this?

These are cold.
It's amazing how you can literally hit/tweak on any piece of the shoe with a bespoke appointment. Overwhelming to say the least.

I wish Nike would make materials and parts of the shoe a little more available on the iD side. I would pay a extra 50.00-100.00 more for a little more flex on the shoes. Just let us get some more colors, materials and a few more places to iD on the shoe and it would be gangbusters.
Maybe a program for heads that would pay a bit more for a bit more availability.....but not quite on the bespoke level.

"They say i'm a dreamer"

These are cold.
It's amazing how you can literally hit/tweak on any piece of the shoe with a bespoke appointment. Overwhelming to say the least.

I wish Nike would make materials and parts of the shoe a little more available on the iD side. I would pay a extra 50.00-100.00 more for a little more flex on the shoes. Just let us get some more colors, materials and a few more places to iD on the shoe and it would be gangbusters.
Maybe a program for heads that would pay a bit more for a bit more availability.....but not quite on the bespoke level.

"They say i'm a dreamer"

Biggest thing for me would be options to split the quarter color and split the color of outsole tread. Its all about the details.

I believe it but I don't get why they do it. Most bespokes look like the heel is hanging off the midsole.

Yeah makes me reconsider my desire for a bespoke of my own with its current condition.

Last edited:
the hanging heel is caused by the thickness from the materials, if you choose materials that are thinner you wont have that problem at the heel and also your toebox will be less bulky and will have a more round shape, the problem is already explained before in here, but pobably some of the people havent payed attention to the subject back then

Last edited:

via IG: description says bespoke uses a smaller sole, and possibly why the shape is all wonky.  @SingledOut  can you attest to this?
It's stupid. It's all stupid.

I have spent hours, literally hours discussing the whole bespoke shape thing with a small group of people on FB who were some of the first people to do the AM1 bespoke, I think I am the only one who did it at 21 Mercer bc they're all over seas.

Anyways, yes - the heel is like a "beyonce booty" as we call it, there is literally no explanation for it. I really don't think they use the wrong sole but I have yet to really investigate it heavily. Here are so pictures from the other dude's pairs in the group:

here you have a bespoke on the left compared to some leather graphites, granted they are 2003 - still.

last year Pendleton on left, bespoke on right

here is a GR from few years back, one of them took them apart to show what the bespokes

tend to look like with how far back the heel sits

bespoke heel against flat surface...look at the difference!

Again...clearly a beyonce booty.

I will say 100% a mesh toebox give you the best "toecap" shape. Look at my pair 

compared to these others who didn't use OG mesh. Here's mine

Now look at this sh*t - if you're making a pair the one thing I advise you to do is to 

definitely, DEFINITELY do OG mesh for your toebox!

Last edited:
I think a lot of this true, also I believe that the actual mudguards are being cut much narrower. Perhaps to save on material.
Case and point in this pic of the old AM1
Notice how wide the mudguard is.

Now notice how the Bespoke and or new AM1's mudguards are cut much narrower.

This among other factors (material, etc..) all play into the reason for the new shape....IMO
I'm sure the OG mesh would be the best material to use due to how plyable and how much more it relaxes compared to stiffer materials such as leather, etc...

I think a lot of this true, also I believe that the actual mudguards are being cut much narrower. Perhaps to save on material.
Case and point in this pic of the old AM1
Notice how wide the mudguard is.

This among other factors (material, etc..) all play into the reason for the new shape....IMO
I'm sure the OG mesh would be the best material to use due to how plyable and how much more it relaxes compared to stiffer materials such as leather, etc...
Agreed but I'm paying  ONE THOUSAND ******* DOLLLARS.

I should be able to have the mudguard come up to my damn kneecap if I wanted it that high...I love my overall design but damn Nike...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom