THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I wouldn't know either but I also don't really care
tongue.gif

But AMD has this 3M fetish
tongue.gif
mean.gif
it really suprised me that a veteran like you, that owned a pair of OG 180s back in the days dont know the correct anwser to this simple question
happy.gif

That "Bespoke" up there was made by Sneakerfix. The dude is offering made from scratch uppers with the old AM1 shape. Pretty good idea IMO. Obviously Nikes bespoke program probably has a bit better materials but the dude that runs sneakerfix really does great work. I agree those materials and colors are pretty crazy but the dude is a master shoe cobbler. 

Bout to send him my 97 leathers and my Dirty Denims for him to swap. 

Got my IDs in yesterday.  These were a carry-over design from last year that I never got around to ordering.  Been posted in my "Wish List" ever since.  No matter, when the same Pendleton options reappeared a couple of weeks ago, I was elated for the simple fact, I could rectify a regret and make these a reality.

Needless to say, VERY pleased!

Recipe - Coyote Butte Greyscale (underlay) x Sail Leather (quarter) x Black Denim (mudguard + swoosh) x Big Thunder Greyscale (lining) x Sail (laces + original midsole) x Gum Outsole x Dark Grey (standard "Nike Air" heel logo) =   

Photobombed!  Daughter approves!  

Got my IDs in yesterday.  These were a carry-over design from last year that I never got around to ordering.  Been posted in my "Wish List" ever since.  No matter, when the same Pendleton options reappeared a couple of weeks ago, I was elated for the simple fact, I could rectify a regret and make these a reality.

Recipe - Coyote Butte Greyscale (underlay) x Sail Leather (quarter) x Black Denim (mudguard + swoosh) x Big Thunder Greyscale (lining) x Sail (laces + original midsole) x Gum Outsole x Dark Grey (standard "Nike Air" heel logo) =   

These are slick

These are fresh man! They remind me a Little bit the BHM am1 from er...2014?

I was always mad at myself for not doing a full elephant print ID after seeing Mayimbe181 post his pair on insta. I was doing my daily ebay scan and found these on the left with 20 min to spare in the auction. Very very happy to win this pair! Posted with my other two IDs.

Whatup, y'all?  I'm considering a Pendleton iD with both Light British Tan waxed canvas and LBTan leather something like this:

They're loosely inspired by the Adventure Pack (a couple of my favorite AM1 colorways), so I hope that the blocking is preserved by the value contrast between the lighter waxed canvas and the darker leather but I'm concerned that the actual materials might wind up looking a lot closer in color on the real shoes than they do in the digital representation.  Have any of you seen the materials side by side in person or in flicks?  I've searched about as many ways as I can think of online, on IG, on here (lotsa heat!)—even tried the AF1 forum—etc., but no luck.  I've seen the leather does indeed look pretty dark, but haven't seen the LBTan waxed canvas.

Also, any idea if the waxed canvas is water-repellant at all?  Not holding my breath, and not a deal-breaker, but it would be cool.

That's a bold colorway. I'm curious how it would turn out.
Part of my problem is that I don't have the guts to pull the trigger on some of these CW's.
With that said, some do and put together some nice iD's.
If you do, be sure and post pics.

I'm not sure that British tan canvas was even an option last year. I don't recall it was.

It's not really waxed from what I can tell. When I wash mine it absorbs water like the other materials do.

That's a bold colorway. I'm curious how it would turn out.
Part of my problem is that I don't have the guts to pull the trigger on some of these CW's.
With that said, some do and put together some nice iD's.
If you do, be sure and post pics.
Yeah.  Figured I could swap out the laces if they were too much, and the lining and outsole (and speckles) would give it some nice pops of color.  For sure will post pics if I get 'em.
I'm not sure that British tan canvas was even an option last year. I don't recall it was.

It's not really waxed from what I can tell. When I wash mine it absorbs water like the other materials do.
Gotcha.  Thanks.  Too bad it's not at least a little water resistant, considering their description "For a limited time only, it's available in winterized materials to help keep you warm and dry" [emphasis added].

Ya.... banana midsole. My biggest concern is the toe shape though.

Plus I still have hope for the 2017 update to the AM1 for og builds.

Back
Top Bottom