THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Like I said, the hype is already there. Unfortunately.
this thread will be soon flooded by NT lurkers and 5 y/o NT accounts with super low post counts
sick.gif

Current condition of my dirty denims. Midsole still feels good but the air pocket lookin baked!!!

Did someone say HOA? I need a new pair badly!!!!

And clowns that in 2013 hadn't even heard of AM1s, talking about bad shape now.

Oh wait they're already here.
it is what it is, and i also think that there is a possibility Nike will raise the price in the EU region with 10-15 euro next year for the AM1, i can still remember the days that AM1 was only 90-100 euro at the FL and that the more limited QS releases were 115-120 euro back in 2002

Last edited:
it is what it is, and i also think that there is a possibility Nike will raise the price in the EU region with 10-15 euro next year for the AM1, i can still remember the days that AM1 was only 90-100 euro at the FL and that the limited QS release were 115-120 euro back in 2002
I remember that DQM 90s released and were also available on Ebay and were sitting there for a few months. Because no one cared about 90s or 1s.

Last edited:
I remember that DQM 90s released and were also available on Ebay and were there for a few months. Because no one cared about 90s or 1s.
lol ish like that wont happen anymore now in this social media hungry era, the now super sought after am1s like urawa and w&w were all ebay dust collectors when they came out, the same counts for the viotechs and the safaris, 
frown.gif
i miss the old era when everything was still underground and reselling was almost non existence, back then nobody would pay more than 200 for a pair of shoes and occasions like that were extremely rare

Last edited:
Agree.

But.... SBs were also HUGE some time ago (around 04-06), and for some reason that hype also totally collapsed. So maybe it will happen to runners as well someday.

i was really hoping the adidas/boost hype would keep the beast away from AM's but Nike is smart and they play up that AM day bs to entice the sheep/beast

Agree.

But.... SBs were also HUGE some time ago (around 04-06), and for some reason that hype also totally collapsed. So maybe it will happen to runners as well someday.
i dont think that will happen, especially here in the EU region

where AMs have reached the cult status, but maybe you're right in the future, i hope so

Last edited:
i dont think that will happen, especially here in the EU region
where AMs have reached the cult status, but maybe you're right in the future, i hope so

I think hype will die down on runners as in the hypebeasts and hype******* will move on to something else, but hardcore heads will still be around and certain places like Netherlands, UK etc will still be big markets

Agree.

People get bored eventually, especially those who are following the hype rather than a long held hobby like most here. Look at how the huarache craze came and went, saturation will always kill hype imo

No.

Peace,
J

I guess people don't catch on to the all caps sarcasm ha.

All I'm looking for besides the non cliff toebox, is the good mudguard and swoosh and then the padding ankle again.

They can give me the the shoes in a plastic bag for all I care.

Perfect example of what was a great shape all around (in my opinion) and then it went to the current state of the banana mold.

I'm a sucker for the monster mudguard, maybe its just me haha

I know we may be getting our hopes up in an all around "mold change", but I guess even if its just a fixing of the cliff toe its a win.

Perfect example of what was a great shape all around (in my opinion) and then it went to the current state of the banana mold.

I'm a sucker for the monster mudguard, maybe its just me haha

I know we may be getting our hopes up in an all around "mold change", but I guess even if its just a fixing of the cliff toe its a win.
but you forgot that pre 2000 AM1s have a slightly different shape compared to the AM1s that are from 2001-2009, the overall shape is almost the same but the cut from the mudguard and toebox is a lil bit taller from pre 2000 AM1s compared to the 2001-2009 AM1s, the AM1s from 97-00 have a really tall mudguard

Back
Top Bottom