THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Fog and Jade came in. Iced Jade is really good. Half size down fits perfect!

So these air maxes run big!? I don't need this inconsistent sizing issues in my life.

^yep along w/3 pairs of HOA infrared 90's.

I bought every sz 13 Ubiq had at both stores that day lol

Last edited:
Couldn't be happier about the OG red & blues coming back. Copping both on sight! Thank you Nike :pimp:

it's not really that way man.

the feeling to me is a lot of these ig "sneaker superstars/supreme heads" are just right place/right time and making connections thru backdoor dealings and reselling networking.

guys like Corgi/Croatianstyle/s78/Gusto those are true sneakerheads/ streetwear OG's /resellers to someone like me who's been into this since the early 90's

I have no hate for anyone out there doing it just don't feel the need to give someone shine that hasn't been down for too long in reality
Anyone with enough dough can claim to have the dopest such and such, take lots of pics and blow themselves up. I appreciate the fact that a lot of dudes in here have a true love for sneakers, as evidenced by the fact that there are tons more text posts than pictures, and even the pic posts are more or less for education or advice. The regulars in here seem to be likeminded individuals, where its not getting others to like your ****, its about lovin the **** you have.

OG reds and blues auto-copped.

I don't own the blue and I'm still running the '09 QS reds, mixed in with the lunar1 and flyknit versions.

Plus I came out in 1987 as well :pimp:

The HOA pack sat in buffalo, NY. I remember coppin the 90's for $40.

HOA's sat everywhere that summer. I remember seeing most of the pack just sitting at local FootLocker's. I wish I knew what I do now to purchase more than one pair. The HOA is the best shaped retro of the past 15 years IMO (materials, tongue etc.).

The Air Max/runner scene has changed so much. All the colorways people are paying top dollar and going to extreme lengths to clean/restore were literally shelf turds a decade+ ago. Perfect example is chili's. It's a shame Nike destroyed the model but it's proof that the corrected shape has a massive market.

Still crossing my fingers for the piped tongue and thicker toewrap. There's a lot more for Nike to fix though. Hopefully next month's offerings will blow these pinnacles outta' the water.

Last edited:
The Air Max/runner scene has changed so much. All the colorways people are paying top dollar and going to extreme lengths to clean/restore were literally shelf turds a decade+ ago. Perfect example is chili's. It's a shame Nike destroyed the model but it's proof that the corrected shape has a massive market.

Well a lot of pairs that sat on shelves 10+ years ago simply aren't in existence anymore because they were GRs and worn and trashed. Once the generation that bought up and wore all the GRs, the next generation that came along and thought they were dope had to pay more for em because there were less pairs to buy. I've found myself in that predicament as well. I'm a young guy, joined SC forums in 09 but that was when I learned about am1s and that was when the QS and pattas were in big talks. Not too many air max 1s were floating around NYC when I was buying **** when I was younger (I only did NYC meet ups) and the ones that were were the hyped **** like atmos elephants. Now I have a full time job and a debit card and can track down some older pairs I always wanted, like the hufs I posted up a few pages back.

tl;dr: sorry for being born later than most of you guys.

i still remember passing on the huf am1 on sale at training camp in niece by bryant park lol

/oldheadmemory

what kind
i still remember passing on the huf am1 on sale at training camp in niece by bryant park lol

/oldheadmemory
those things flooded the outlets for $30. regret not picking up the atmos viotech am1s when they were on sale for $50.

what kind
those things flooded the outlets for $30. regret not picking up the atmos viotech am1s when they were on sale for $50.
ahhhh yes. when outlets were truly outlets and bomb kicks could be found.

none of this marshals do it for the IG stuff

i dont think this phenomenon of what we all speak of, circa 2005-2010, wherein dope collabos and quality sneakers sit and go for disco, will happen again.  the market has changed, sneaker companies have wised up, and supply and demand is very correlated.  i mean can anyone even give me 5 sneakers that we will see this happen to?  in 10-15 years, will we look back and say daaaamn son, wish i had copped CXs, or WLGs for $140.  i cant even think of a banger in the past 5 years that make me feel that way.  patches?  BHM?  i dont see it. 

i dont think this phenomenon of what we all speak of, circa 2005-2010, wherein dope collabos and quality sneakers sit and go for disco, will happen again.  the market has changed, sneaker companies have wised up, and supply and demand is very correlated.  i mean can anyone even give me 5 sneakers that we will see this happen to?  in 10-15 years, will we look back and say daaaamn son, wish i had copped CXs, or WLGs for $140.  i cant even think of a banger in the past 5 years that make me feel that way.  patches?  BHM?  i dont see it. 
even mores on a retailer end. Nike doesn't treat their outlet stores as we traditionally experienced it. suck man. so many steals 

If they had a better shape, picnics woukd have been a classic imo. But yea 2010-2015 will be forgotten about bc of shape.

It's the same thing with Jeeps. From 87-95 they made them with square headlights and nobody wants those today.

even mores on a retailer end. Nike doesn't treat their outlet stores as we traditionally experienced it. suck man. so many steals 

If they had a better shape, picnics woukd have been a classic imo. But yea 2010-2015 will be forgotten about bc of shape.

It's the same thing with Jeeps. From 87-95 they made them with square headlights and nobody wants those today.

Agreed with both statements. Outlet industry has become its own beast when corps knew it was beyond a liquidation phase. I had stacks of liquid lime 180s, J5 grapes, and what would've been quickstrikes today for cheap when I worked there. They couldn't get rid of the liquid limes at 19.99. Its a damn shame we're made to be sheep these days. But alike many of you, I wait and follow...

Last edited:
I normally wear an 11 in am1s. Went down to a 10 bc that was biggest left and it's a little to snug. Sucks but I'll oop them to someone. I have a 10.5 Ocean coming later in the week and those should be perfect. I'll just have to find another Jade. These are on point though. Well done Nike.

Online retailing has truly changed everything, from auto parts to toys. Evrything is so much more convient, so the big names had to restructure the way they went about things, marketing, even production is affected due to accessibility and keeping some kind of exclusivity. Hence the "hype" they have to build, and the release of restocking info and things of that nature. I dont remember the last nike commercial i saw on tv, but the internet is flooded with them.

Online retailing has truly changed everything, from auto parts to toys. Evrything is so much more convient, so the big names had to restructure the way they went about things, marketing, even production is affected due to accessibility and keeping some kind of exclusivity. Hence the "hype" they have to build, and the release of restocking info and things of that nature. I dont remember the last nike commercial i saw on tv, but the internet is flooded with them.
​true indeed

I normally wear an 11 in am1s. Went down to a 10 bc that was biggest left and it's a little to snug. Sucks but I'll oop them to someone. I have a 10.5 Ocean coming later in the week and those should be perfect. I'll just have to find another Jade. These are on point though. Well done Nike.
they look beautiful man 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom