THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Well a lot of pairs that sat on shelves 10+ years ago simply aren't in existence anymore because they were GRs and worn and trashed. Once the generation that bought up and wore all the GRs, the next generation that came along and thought they were dope had to pay more for em because there were less pairs to buy. I've found myself in that predicament as well. I'm a young guy, joined SC forums in 09 but that was when I learned about am1s and that was when the QS and pattas were in big talks. Not too many air max 1s were floating around NYC when I was buying **** when I was younger (I only did NYC meet ups) and the ones that were were the hyped **** like atmos elephants. Now I have a full time job and a debit card and can track down some older pairs I always wanted, like the hufs I posted up a few pages back.

tl;dr: sorry for being born later than most of you guys.

It wasn't a knock against you, your birth year or the younger crowd. It was purely an observation and commentary on the fact that Nike needs to correct the shape and capitalize on the current market (both young and old). I know I'm one of the older guys in the thread but I'm not of the "I'm better cause I'm older and been collecting longer than four years" grumps.

We get into the hobby at different times/ages. I'm just hoping Nike gets things right next month and everyone that wants pairs to wear gets the chance. The hype is building but I'm still skeptical.

TL;DR - Birth year apology accepted. Congrats on your debit card. Let's hope Nike gets this right.

The like me syndrome covers all ages, as does the shoe snobbery. Yall are cool in my book, the reason i enjoy the thread. I could just look at google images if not.

I normally wear an 11 in am1s. Went down to a 10 bc that was biggest left and it's a little to snug. Sucks but I'll oop them to someone. I have a 10.5 Ocean coming later in the week and those should be perfect. I'll just have to find another Jade. These are on point though. Well done Nike.

What size do you wear in Sauconys, New Balances or Nike flyknit racers?

Appreciate it.

1988 OG :smokin

Last edited:
What's the story behind Chili's? I mean it's a good looking shoe but it's so basic. Looks like a GR or something I'd make on ID. I never understood why it was so coveted other than it has a cool name.

What's the story behind Chili's? I mean it's a good looking shoe but it's so basic. Looks like a GR or something I'd make on ID. I never understood why it was so coveted other than it has a cool name.
dont you ever speak of the chilis like this.  its just one of the "original" color ways that are reminiscent of the 87 history.  its as arbitrary as forest greens or obsidians.  nothing significant underlying, except the history itself.

there is no story behind them its just an Air Max 1 shoe
 exactly. 

I didn't mean that a shot at them. Like I said, it's a good looking shoe. Those colors always play well together. I just didn't know if there was more to it.

happy page 1111 AM1 fam
i feel like an idiot, because i dont see this page 1111 anywhere.  
embarassed.gif

Picnics today. Beautys, but damn they're stiff.
why do these look so much better on your feet than miine? 
eek.gif

I didn't mean that a shot at them. Like I said, it's a good looking shoe. Those colors always play well together. I just didn't know if there was more to it.
oh i know you werent, i was just messing around. but yeah, i guess back then, simplicity was key,  and it proves to be timeless now. 

Last edited:
Hi guys, does anyone know in what possible quantities elephant atmos 1's will be released in? Will they be very limited or rather easy cop like most of Jordans nowadays? I'm dreaming about them since I first saw them few years ago.

What do you guys think about customs?

Always open to the real vs fake debate

Not something I would design, but pretty cool imo. Can't argue with a nicely shaped AM1.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom