THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

So black airbag is the only change on the 2017 Atmos?
I was actually looking forward to see people flexing a goofy reiteration of these.

heres the answer to that.  if i even liked the upper colorways, i wouldve done this myself.  big up to @RickRoss
 for tagging me. 

Anyone know how to remove the outsole? Would letting it sit in acetone work? Marshalls has a fsr of the gray ltr premiums with the gum bottoms right now. I'd definitely try this on the jades.

Anyone know how to remove the outsole? Would letting it sit in acetone work? Marshalls has a fsr of the gray ltr premiums with the gum bottoms right now. I'd definitely try this on the jades.
boiling water.  pour it into a shallow vessel that only comes up to the point of what you want off.  otherwise you'll pull the midsole off as well.  i did this with a pair of air trainer 3s and slapped them on some cortez.  see the team trainer thread if you need a pic.  or you could attack it with a hair dryer, but that is risky because of how spotty heating it can be, plus it'll take you a grip of time to get them off. 

thats the easy part.  gluing it back on is a task.  its like a 4 step/day process trying to tighten up all the seems (without making a mess). 

Last edited:

boiling water.  pour it into a shallow vessel that only comes up to the point of what you want off.  otherwise you'll pull the midsole off as well.  i did this with a pair of air trainer 3s and slapped them on some cortez.  see the team trainer thread if you need a pic.  or you could attack it with a hair dryer, but that is risky because of spot treatment, plus it'll take you a grip of time to get them off. 

Gotcha, makes sense. As for the toe, hit it with acetone from the underside once the outsole is loose? Seems like the boiling water could harm the leather. Got a glue recommendation for reattachment?

Gotcha, makes sense. As for the toe, hit it with acetone from the underside once the outsole is loose? Seems like the boiling water could harm the leather. Got a glue recommendation for reattachment?

personally i would stay away from acetone altogether.  you could easily just roll the outsole in the water.  the melting happens pretty quick. so once you let it sit for a few seconds, roll the toe wrap into the water.  i would hold the sneaker just so the very outsole is immersed, or you risk delaminating the air unit from inside.  then slowly roll the toe wrap so you get that area.  you can repeat the process so if you cant get it pulled off in one shot, its not game over. 

Last edited:

personally i would stay away from acetone all together.  you could easily just roll the outsole in the water.  the melting happens pretty quick. so once you let it sit for a few seconds, roll the toe wrap into the water.  i would hold the sneaker just so the very outsole is immersed, or you risk delaminating the air unit from inside.  then slowly roll the toe wrap so you get that area.  you can repeat the process so if you cant get it pulled off in one shot, its not game over. 

Appreciate it the insight man. Gonna give it a shot. Hopefully the ltr's get marked down, dont really wanna pay 70 for a sole swap. If they do im on it, let me know if ur interested in a size.

man would love to see the jades w/a gum bottom.

if anyone gets pics of the finished product post them up in here for us to drool over

Code for $20 bucks off at nike ... Might as well pass it along to someone that will

Gift Card Number
Pin

The $20 gift codes from Nike are stackable. I just put 2 on my Berrys order and both worked.

3 $25 gift cards and 2 $20 codes.

SUBTOTAL $130.00
ESTIMATED SHIPPING & HANDLING
$0.00
TAX$9.10

GIFT CARD/VOUCHER
-$20.00
GIFT CARD/VOUCHER
-$25.00
GIFT CARD/VOUCHER
-$25.00
GIFT CARD/VOUCHER
-$25.00
GIFT CARD/VOUCHER
-$20.00
TOTAL $24.10

Last edited:
^found that out as well. Lol

I ended up chatting w/a rep because my wife was nagging me that they charged her cc 6x so they gave me a 20% off and applied the 20$ off coupon and let me check out w/free 2 day shipping for 108$ on a pair of pinnacles. :smokin

I used the second code I had on lunar epics for my wife so at least she is somewhat content.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom