THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

those zebra Yeezy's are reselling for like $2,000 man

no they haven't
laugh.gif
you keep bringing up yeezys, and I keep saying exclude them because each brand has something super hyped that its not meant for everyone to get. I'm not complaining about Nike not giving us enough $720 Hyperadapts, I'm saying Nike who made us vote a year ago for our favorite air max and then a year later, give 90% of the voters the shaft from getting them. Nike isn't giving people what they want, something so easy and GR. Not saying they should GR everything, but the 1 specific thing for that 1 specific event we all participated in. You gotta be blind if you can't see how Adidas is giving more and more people a chance to cop what they want such as NMDs and Ultra Boosts, while keeping certain things like Yeezys limited (altho yeezys has been increased massively in production since the first adidas yeezy). This is why people are saying they're sticking or going back to Adidas, because Nike doesn't seem like they're trying to win back some old loyal heads

Last edited:
you keep bringing up yeezys, and I keep saying exclude them because each brand has something super hyped that its not meant for everyone to get. I'm not complaining about Nike not giving us enough $720 Hyperadapts, I'm saying Nike who made us vote a year ago for our favorite air max and then a year later, give 90% of the voters the shaft from getting them. Nike isn't giving people what they want, something so easy and GR. Not saying they should GR everything, but the 1 specific thing for that 1 specific event we all participated in. You gotta be blind if you can't see how Adidas is giving more and more people a chance to cop what they want such as NMDs and Ultra Boosts, while keeping certain things like Yeezys limited (altho yeezys has been increased massively in production since the first adidas yeezy)

I am not saying Nike did this right but people are still going to cop these from resellers so complaining about it is a moot point

Last edited:
I am not saying Nike did this right but people are still going to cop these from resellers so complaining about it is a mute point
Usually, yes complaining about things being too limited is a moot point, such as Hyperadapts or KAWS AJ IV or OVO's. But this is about just some regular old air maxes that they've been preparing for a year that they could've easily upped production and give people what they voted for

Last edited:
If they would've released it as a GR, all hype would have died with it. Sure, anyone who wanted to cop could've copped but as far as Nike being embraced by hypebeasts again this was a good strategy.
Look what happened to the Mercurial Superfly's, when they were HTM / limited people were going crazy over them, then Nike dropped them as GR's in almost the same CW and they ended up in outlets. They killed their own hype by producing too many too quickly.

I just don't have the patience anymore to jump through hoops for manufactured rarity. It's never been this difficult to get a pair of Air Max retros. Never. And the OG colorways still carry the same popularity. You know when they started to sit? When Nike started taking shortcuts and putting out crappy quality. HOA pack was one of the last times they took some pride in putting out decent retros and since then it's been cheap materials, **** quality, etc. so they sit. Now they "remaster" them ie "We're gonna try to make them half-decent this time" and they make it impossible to get.

If I'm gonna pay resell price for sneakers I'd rather it be something actually rare like an OG or a high end sneaker that I don't have to jump through hoops to get.

Usually, yes complaining about things being too limited is a moot point, such as Hyperadapts or KAWS AJ IV or OVO's. But this is about just some regular old air maxes that they've been preparing for a year that they could've easily upped production and give people what they voted for

I don't know what to tell you man, if you thought these would be easy to obtain then I think you were smoking something good

Nike is building back up their market for the people who are riding with Adidas right now, the under the radar news of the ZoomX sole is part of the strategy, just wait and see

Boost is great tech but now with the market becoming saturated, the appeal of having something limited loses it's luster to a lot of people who want to feel exclusive

Last edited:
lol @ people in here still crying over these shoes....

pay resell or move the F on....

those are the only two options.
its s forum dog, lets these people live. Nike has pulled one of the foulest moves in the last few years and you act like poeple cant vent for a while.

I normally do just pay resell or move on. Was genuinely expressing my opinion of the whole point of Voting for Air Max to come back for Air Max day/month and not give the people what they voted for. I'm already used to Nike's usual limited BS and wasn't expecting a stroll into store and copping these. But they could've handled this release a little better, lets not lie about that. 

I normally do just pay resell or move on. Was genuinely expressing my opinion of the whole point of Voting for Air Max to come back for Air Max day/month and not give the people what they voted for. I'm already used to Nike's usual limited BS and wasn't expecting a stroll into store and copping these. But they could've handled this release a little better, lets not lie about that. 

exactly. everybody that keeps thinking we expected these to be easy must think we are new to this. Like shoes were almost impossible to get retail. on some damn air max 1's! even the regular OG blue and red pair,w hich should have been consolation for people striking out on atmos or masters, JUST AS LIMITED. like it made no sense. and when you see 120 dollar shoes going for 400 and up you know the shoe was way too limited.

im not saying atmos should have been GR and over manufactured, but definitely not this scarce.

the OG's should have DEFINITELY been GR. If i was able to cop just one of those, air max month would have been good for me. those ultras were a smack in the face.

wow my post got deleted but people can continue to cry over sneakers that are sold out

look, like I said earlier , the OG's will be back in aug in true form. "Trust me" like I'm Jake the Snake Roberts....

the atmos are gone for good. if you really want them then pay resell or wait it out a few wks till prices settle and some new hype comes along and maybe you'll catch a deal

don't see them dipping under 300$ ever for ds pairs so keep that # in mind.

sorry if my earlier post broke a rule or caused someone to catch feels but man this is the thread where I hang out daily and it's been nothing but bs in here everyday since the start of the month.

Paying $400 for the OGs for the last two weeks didn't help your cause. That just put more resellers and casual customers on the Atmos.

wow my post got deleted but people can continue to cry over sneakers that are sold out

look, like I said earlier , the OG's will be back in aug in true form. "Trust me" like I'm Jake the Snake Roberts....

the atmos are gone for good. if you really want them then pay resell or wait it out a few wks till prices settle and some new hype comes along and maybe you'll catch a deal

don't see them dipping under 300$ ever for ds pairs so keep that # in mind.

sorry if my earlier post broke a rule or caused someone to catch feels but man this is the thread where I hang out daily and it's been nothing but bs in here everyday since the start of the month.

we know atmos aint dropping under 300, most people are waiting for them to hit that range to cop, but you cant expeect people to just be okay with this. theres going to be complaints for a while until it dies down. just let people say their peace and move on. stop battling them.

Last edited:
I don't think people are necessarily asking for GR status. Nike has released several QS shoes in the past year that were limited but easily obtainable on release day and still sold out day of.

The way they handled this release was absolutely ridiculous, especially how they made a big deal out of this voting process.

Last edited:
I hear you man it's just old news at this point.

3 Saturdays straight of the same nonsense...

we get it, these shoes are hard to come by.

this coming Saturday will be no different so don't get your hopes up.

this is nothing new from Nike

it's not like you will stop buying from them so they don't care

I normally don't buy hyped releases or pay resale either so to pay resale on these ain't no big deal to me

Last edited:
yeah definitely need to wait it out until pairs start coming in. $3-$350 should be MAX

I doubt this. OGs are more limited but significantly have less hype and those have not dropped much below $400. I honestly don't see Atmos pairs dropping in the $300s, especially since it seems like most pairs were raffled off in store or whatever.

If you want a pair for resale, I suggest not waiting for longer than this week.

I didn't get any of the OGs or the Atmos. And don't really care to be honest. I don't plant to pay resell prices either. If I'm spending that kind of money I'm looking for older pairs.

I was just pondering, is it possible to never win a single draw for the first time for the rest of my life?

Back
Top Bottom