THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

So I ordered the jades earlier with the $20 off gift card and a 10% promo code. I was at work so didn't really pay attention but for whatever reason the 10% didn't take. So long story short I got on a chat with a Nike rep. He not only re applied it and instead of 10% off he gave me 20%

Jades for $123 shipped :pimp:

Edit: just got the shipping notice so I checked my PayPal again. $123 was the charge before the gift certificate so the total ended up being $103.
Don't know what happened but I'm gonna roll with it lol

Last edited:
The deluxe was old shape, pinnacles are the new shape. Amongst other things, but that's the main difference that concerns me. [emoji]128521[/emoji]

I bought a pair of deluxe last year and returned them. Pinnacles are way nicer.

can y'all help me with the difference in the air max 1
and air max 1 essential
and air max 1 pinnacle
any other offshoot that I'm missing
and all that?
thanks in advance

Buy the pinnacles. That's all you need to know
:lol:
repped
but really teach me
i really wanna know
and whats this new shape old shape
when it comes to air maxs
im a af1 guy so i know how nike can mess up a shape
but school me

Last edited:
laugh.gif

repped
but really teach me
i really wanna know
but school me
So without getting too deep into it here is all you basically need to know.

Am1 from 87 till about 2008-2009 has a great "shape" meaning nice mudguard cut, high toe wrap and nice materials. Making the shoe a more triangular and appealing shape. 

I tried to find pics that don't have "kermit toe push"

1987 big bubble goodness

Shape changes a tiny bit as time goes on but for the better IMO. Thicker mudguard.

2005 HOA

Then 2009 hits and nike says "F U" Am1 lovers. Enjoy this

Remind you of anything?

Then Nike must have had a rep on NT who kept listening to us whine every single day about the shape and 2017 hits and we get this:

(There are still some imperfections, like the midsole is now kinda weird and curvy..but oh well) 

Now, the shape still isn't "perfection" but it is a MASSIVE improvement and for the most part we are satisfied. 

Welcome to the AM1 Thread :smile: 

Last edited:
Cant decide if I want to use my $20 off +25% for Sail pinnacles or Oreo flyknit racers. Such a tough decision.:stoneface:

The racers oreos are awesome, I couldn't bring myself to buy them cuz I was wear the AM1 flyknits when I was trying them on and it looked like I didn't need so many oreos.

On that note, change to black laces on the AM1 oreos if anyone has em,

The deluxe was old shape, pinnacles are the new shape. Amongst other things, but that's the main difference that concerns me. [emoji]128521[/emoji]

I bought a pair of deluxe last year and returned them. Pinnacles are way nicer.
Ok I see. The shape on the deluxe pair isn't that bad IMO. And the leather on them is the best I've seen on a nike in years. Are the pinnacles that much better?

The racers oreos are awesome, I couldn't bring myself to buy them cuz I was wear the AM1 flyknits when I was trying them on and it looked like I didn't need so many oreos.

On that note, change to black laces on the AM1 oreos if anyone has em,

Ended up getting both thanks to @AirThompson. Was eyeing the sails for a while, excited to have them in hand.

:lol:

repped

but really teach me

i really wanna know

but school me

So without getting too deep into it here is all you basically need to know.

Am1 from 87 till about 2008-2009 has a great "shape" meaning nice mudguard cut, high toe wrap and nice materials. Making the shoe a more triangular and appealing shape. 

I tried to find pics that don't have "kermit toe push"

1987 big bubble goodness

Shape changes a tiny bit as time goes on but for the better IMO. Thicker mudguard.

2005 HOA

Then 2009 hits and nike says "F U" Am1 lovers. Enjoy this

Remind you of anything?

Then Nike must have had a rep on NT who kept listening to us whine every single day about the shape and 2017 hits and we get this:
(There are still some imperfections, like the midsole is now kinda weird and curvy..but oh well) 

Now, the shape still isn't "perfection" but it is a MASSIVE improvement and for the most part we are satisfied. 

Welcome to the AM1 Thread :smile: 
repped
thanks

but what are the difference between essentials and pinnacles and regular ones???

I will try that....appreciated very much. 
I have exactly your situation/pairs. Generally I'm good with sz 12 in most, need 13 in fkrs, but across the board 12.5 is perfect.

I have a wide foot, and suffer the pinky toe crush.

I went with 12.5 in the mushrooms. Perfect fit for my foot. Sails I went with 12. Perfect for my foot.

I think what helps is that the material is softer/pliable than other synthetic materials and there aren't stitching or trim pieces on the interior that dig in, especially after breaking in.

For me, 13 would be too long, too "tall" in the toe box and cause too much heel slippage. I usually end up passing if I have to size up.

Another NTer "Dragicon" posts a good "size chart" for several different models in various threads that is a good reference.

Sitting pretty hard?
Well, all I see (at least in Europe) the bigger sizes are sold out in around 1 or 2 days....and it's not a special release or something.
Europe had a bigger AM fan base than the US I thought. The only reason most AM sellout here is because its a QS. You can still get your hands on all the pinnacles except for the shrooms on NDC. I've been able to wait it out until late last year with most releases. The 120, BW, AM Plus OG and a few others I was able to get under $100. This years 97s, spiridon OG, AM 1 OG.... I can't count how many Ls.

Back
Top Bottom