THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I really hope this is true. I know some will cry that some pairs should be off limits but damn that. I own og Currys. They were ds until 3 months ago. Guess where they are now? Sitting in a box waiting to be shipped off for a midsole swap. Sneakers don't last forever. 15 years is long enough. Now that we have a good shape back, bring back some of those classics. Just do them right. Give them the quality materials and QC they deserve and then bang them out. If all of them are done as well as the Elephants, count me in for all of them.

I really hope this is true. I know some will cry that some pairs should be off limits but damn that. I own og Currys. They were ds until 3 months ago. Guess where they are now? Sitting in a box waiting to be shipped off for a midsole swap. Sneakers don't last forever. 15 years is long enough. Now that we have a good shape back, bring back some of those classics. Just do them right. Give them the quality materials and QC they deserve and then bang them out. If all of them are done as well as the Elephants, count me in for all of them.
i'm absolutely in for both if true

As much as I also want a pair of Currys, I would really hate to see Atmos waste a collaboration in order to bring back and essentially retro an older GR colourway - this would be laziness in its highest form. I think this is a classic case of a red herring.

I don't recall any Atmos collab ever being a retro of an existing colourway. Their collaborations by nature have always been about telling a new or unique story so why should this be any different. It's also worth noting that colour codes don't give you any insight as to whether there are prints or patterns being used. Stuff like camo, safari, elephant, cement, etc, are never outrighted listed in the codes and its always just a colour. So even though the upcoming collab has strikingly similar colours, I'd bet my bottom dollar that it looks nothing like Currys.

All that said, I don't think it's a stretch to believe that Nike will, at one point, dig into their archives to start retroing the OG colourways. If and when the Obsidian and Aqua do come to fruition, it sets a pretty strong precedent for some non-collab cult classics to return. Currys, Redwoods, Greystones, etc.

OH and don't even get me started on all the blogs thinking that Atmos had anything to do with the GR release that was the OG currys. Are they truly that ignorant?

Last edited:
As much as I also want a pair of Currys, I would really hate to see Atmos waste a collaboration in order to bring back and essentially retro an older colourway - this would be laziness in its highest form. I think this is a classic case of a red herring.

I don't recall any Atmos collab ever being a retro of an existing colourway. Their collaborations by nature have always been about telling a new or unique story so why should this be any different. It's also worth noting that colour codes don't give you any insight as to whether there are prints or patterns being used. Stuff like camo, safari, elephant, cement, etc, are never outrighted listed in the codes and its always just a colour. So even though the upcoming collab has strikingly similar colours, I'd bet my bottom dollar that it looks nothing like Currys.

All that said, I don't think it's a stretch to believe that Nike will, at one point, dig into their archives to start retroing the OG colourways. If and when the Obsidian and Aqua do come to fruition, it sets a pretty strong precedent for some non-collab cult classics to return. Currys, Redwoods, Greystones, etc.

OH and don't even get me started on all the blogs thinking that Atmos had anything to do with the GR release that was the OG currys. Are they truly that ignorant?
I'm all sorts of confused by your post. Currys were a gr, not an Atmos collab. The Atmos Elephants that release in March were an Atmos reto. So was the Safari from a few years ago

I'm all sorts of confused by your post. Currys were a gr, not an Atmos collab. The Atmos Elephants that release in March were an Atmos reto. So was the Safari from a few years ago

I'm confused by your confusion...

I never said that Currys were an Atmos collab. But Blogs have been saying so. I'm well aware that they were a GR.
I'm saying it's a stretch to believe that Atmos would waste a new collaboration opportunity to retro an existing colourway that they had nothing to do with.

2017 Elephants were not an announced "new" collaboration - it was a product of the voteback
and Safaris ... also wasn't an announced "new" collaboration. I believe it's been noted somewhere that the Safari (retro) was not actually sanctioned by Atmos. Plus, I think we're all in agreement that that "retro" is an abomination of the highest kind

I'm confused by your confusion...

I never said that Currys were an Atmos collab. But Blogs have been saying so. I'm well aware that they were a GR.
I'm saying it's a stretch to believe that Atmos would waste a new collaboration opportunity to retro an existing colourway that they had nothing to do with.

2017 Elephants were not an announced "new" collaboration - it was a product of the voteback
and Safaris ... also wasn't an announced "new" collaboration. I believe it's been noted somewhere that the Safari (retro) was not actually sanctioned by Atmos. Plus, I think we're all in agreement that that "retro" is an abomination of the highest kind
Ahh, the confusion is I haven't seen any blog saying a Curry retro would be an Atmos collab. Agree that would make no sense. I would expect pairs like Currys, Greystones, Patriots, Pink Pack, Corks, etc to just be Nike retros. And I'll buy 2 of every single one of them.

Ahh, the confusion is I haven't seen any blog saying a Curry retro would be an Atmos collab. Agree that would make no sense. I would expect pairs like Currys, Greystones, Patriots, Pink Pack, Corks, etc to just be Nike retros. And I'll buy 2 of every single one of them.

Here's an example...

This is Hypebeast's article title
The atmos x Nike Air Max 1 “Curry” May Return to Celebrate Its 15th Anniversary

Here's an example...

This is Hypebeast's article title
The atmos x Nike Air Max 1 “Curry” May Return to Celebrate Its 15th Anniversary
Probably just blogs being ignorant to the subject. Atmos x Nike Curry has never existed, how can it return? lol

Probably just blogs being ignorant to the subject. Atmos x Nike Curry has never existed, how can it return? lol

Precisely my point! I think we're on the same page lol.
I'm on the same train as you and would love to see Nike take a page out of the Jordan book and retro some of the OG cws.

It's senseless to go through what they've described as a painstaking effort to remaster shape and not make the most of it...

screen-shot-2013-05-12-at-20-30-54.png

What ever became of this pair and its green counterpart?

Anyone have a style code? I never wound up seeing either in stores or even on ebay in my recent searches for air max 1s in my size. Whereas I saw every other cheap retro from 2010-2014 haha

I have 2 codes for 2 different shop but they did not announce yet the release of the 103.... friday gonna be my last day to hope an under retail cop ^^

What's the Most Covted AM1 to date????

depends who youre asking. im sure if you took a poll, it would be the albert heijns. i personally do not hold them on a pedestal but i understand its rarity and how many would select this to be up there.

case in point, the eminem "big proof", is 6 of 6 (i believe) but does that make it the most coveted? thats for you to say. i personally think they look like trash. i dont like the materials, colors, blocking or eminem. but thats just me.

my fav picks, whether it be in my own collection or arbitrarily is going to deviate from the next man, and general consensus. why dont we get a running list of what everyone finds to be coveted...

my personal "coveted" are:

lucky greens (i will never pay for)
dirty denim ( i now own)
hyperstrike grand piano (i believe i own a pair of hyperstrikes, not sure)
hyperstrike huf (foreseeable in the near future)
big window (dont think this is a possibility for anyone)

coveted means to yearn for, so again, this is subjective. however i do feel a majority would have overlap in their "yearning."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom