THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Yea I hate reselling as much as anyone but I've accepted it as part of the game. I'll scoop Yeezy and some Jordans to make a buck. You'd be a fool now to. I refuse to resell AM1's though. I'm a sucker for it but I view them as too pure and I just wouldn't feel right doing it.

As did the one who sold him the Elly for triple retail. Don‘t hate the player, hate the game.

This

But I sold them to the same dude with the elephants. We both knew the deal, nobodies getting a retail price so we both said let’s do 3xs retail. We were both happy so that’s all that matters. Sorry I “took” the chance for someone who actually wanted to wear the kaws but so has every other re seller/ Nike for years and years so when I actually win one sought after release that I wouldn’t really see myself wearing you better believe I’m gonna flip them for something I will wear.

Didn’t take a dime out of my own money so I gotta call that free. But thanks man, nice to knock one off the list that I prob wouldn’t have otherwise. Was too cheap to cough up my own dough before.
there's a difference between "free" and "at no cost to you"

either way, you came up. congrats

These are fire...gonna cop both

nike-air-max-1-premium-grey-black-fade-875844-003-1.jpg

nike-air-max-1-premium-blue-fade-875844-402-2.jpg

Yea I hate reselling as much as anyone but I've accepted it as part of the game. I'll scoop Yeezy and some Jordans to make a buck. You'd be a fool now to. I refuse to resell AM1's though. I'm a sucker for it but I view them as too pure and I just wouldn't feel right doing it.
I feel that. While the logic may not be sound to some, it makes sense if you have some type of attachment to the model. For better or worse, the Yeezy market is dominated by young resellers/hypebeast. AM1's on the other hand have amassed a following that includes hypebeasts, but also collectors that grew up with the shoe. There's a narrative to them that people identify with. Surely this is a romantization of shoes, yet I'm sure we all have a shoe or model that means a lot to us.

*waits for angry responses*

I feel that. While the logic may not be sound to some, it makes sense if you have some type of attachment to the model. For better or worse, the Yeezy market is dominated by young resellers/hypebeast. AM1's on the other hand have amassed a following that includes hypebeasts, but also collectors that grew up with the shoe. There's a narrative to them that people identify with. Surely this is a romantization of shoes, yet I'm sure we all have a shoe or model that means a lot to us.

*waits for angry responses*
I fully admit it's irrational but AM1 is my love so I'm biased. I (wrongfully) view those that wear Yeezys and snot nosed hypebeasts so I don't mind knocking their heads off. I view AM1 buyers as pure hearts that go to church 3 times a week, donate to the homeless, and spend time with the elderly. I could never take advantage of that group of gentlemen.

I don't mind people reselling shoes that were made in scarce amounts from the beginning - like the atmos models or the kaws that you talked about. What I DO mind is people trying to resell shoes that were a mass produced item the first time they released. This bugged me about the beginning of the 2010s when the sneaker hype got out of control for a minute.
Shoes like the Air Max 1 in original colorways shouldn't be marketed as "special editions" but as staples of the brand that rely on their inherent strength and not on a bandwagon effect caused by limited supply.

Back
Top Bottom