THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

20180211131437_original.jpg

Need.

paid just a tad under 4 hund for my atmos elephants and i was extremely pleased. maybe the fact that i didnt really come out of pocket much for them made it that way...

paid just a tad under 4 hund for my atmos elephants and i was extremely pleased. maybe the fact that i didnt really come out of pocket much for them made it that way...

I've never understood that statement. You're still paying for the shoes regardless of where the money is coming from. I sold Off White AF1's to buy them but it still feels like a lot of money to spend on one pair.

I've never understood that statement. You're still paying for the shoes regardless of where the money is coming from. I sold Off White AF1's to buy them but it still feels like a lot of money to spend on one pair.
can't think too much about the opportunity cost or it'll always feel bad

I didn't say I got them free. I said I didn't have to come out of pocket much to get them. There's a difference. Imo, shoes in the closet is money spent. Flipping a few shoes with plans on turning that money into something else isn't money out of my pocket, IMO. Relax.

Last edited:
Damn that’s crazy, was that a local deal?
Nah got them off eBay. Dude actually had them up for 300 or best offer and he accepted 275. Before that I had actually bought a half size up in similar condition for 230 but they were too big so I sold them. There's deals out there sometimes you just gotta be lucky I guess.

Hypothetical:

You buy mint ds 1999 og mesh og red and obsidians. Still factory laced. Just gorgeous. Do you keep them ds as collectibles or do you wear them, inevitably have the midsoles crumble, and then swap them out and continue wearing them?

I'm torn on it. They make for some sick collectibles but I wear my ****. But then I have the 2017 version to wear, why do I need to wear the 1999?

What would you do?

I would just have them displayed and maybe once my 2017 pair is dead soleswap the 99. Unless there's another release worth wearing in the future then I dont see a reason to spend all the money on soleswapping.

I would just have them displayed and maybe once my 2017 pair is dead soleswap the 99. Unless there's another release worth wearing in the future then I dont see a reason to spend all the money on soleswapping.
I have doubles and triples of the 2017 so I don't think I'll ever run out of those. So yea you're probably right, leaving them as collectibles is probably the way to go.

Hypothetical:

You buy mint ds 1999 og mesh og red and obsidians. Still factory laced. Just gorgeous. Do you keep them ds as collectibles or do you wear them, inevitably have the midsoles crumble, and then swap them out and continue wearing them?

I'm torn on it. They make for some sick collectibles but I wear my ****. But then I have the 2017 version to wear, why do I need to wear the 1999?

What would you do?

Sell em, buy more wearable releases since you have the 17’s, That’s what I’d do. I’ve come to realize not many people see my closet, they see what’s on my feet. But, I’m not real big on “display” so to each is own. I also don’t have the closet status to take baby pics in front of like you do so I’m speaking from a lower place on the food chain. Ha.

Sell em, buy more wearable releases since you have the 17’s, That’s what I’d do. I’ve come to realize not many people see my closet, they see what’s on my feet. But, I’m not real big on “display” so to each is own. I also don’t have the closet status to take baby pics in front of like you do so I’m speaking from a lower place on the food chain. Ha.
haha I hear ya. And yea I realize people won't see them and I'm ok with that. They'd really just be for me. Completely unneeded and unnecessary but the same can be said for anything past like 2 pair of sneakers.

Hypothetical:

What would you do?

Its hard for me to have a shoe for collectible only and not wear it. The problem with the 99s, like I have on the Red Pair, is the cracking of the durabuck. I had them sole swapped, but the durabuck is flaking off. Thats the main issue. But, If you are okay with just looking at them as a display piece, that is okay too. I would still sole swap them, that way if you decide one day, Screw it, I feel like wearing them. There is no comparison between the 99 and the 2018 pair, even though the 2018 is a decent pair.

Back
Top Bottom